Code8: Acknowledge me...

Nu'Trouble [[HIATUS]]

 

JR? Then a knock broke the silence I had formed… I opened the door, it’s JR. He entered and put the bag he’s carrying on the table. “It’s dinner prepared by hyung. How is she?”

               “She’s not yet—.”

               He didn’t finish my sentence instead he rushed towards her room as soon as he had dropped everything on the table. Sometimes I really wonder…what relationship JR really has with Haera…

 

 


 

 

               I followed him and I clearly heard what he had whispered: “You stupid, Haera, you shouldn’t make your oppa even more worried.”

               “JR” I called him.

               “I can still remember those days…” he said. “Do you know the reason why I really hated her?”

               “Huh?” why is he asking me those things now?

               “I think it was almost the same time of the year…ten years ago. It was when we first met each other… it’s during her mom’s funeral…” he started. “I can remember that crappy glare she’s giving me and my mom back then. I did the same to her…to her and our dad.”

               “Our dad?” I asked in confusion.

               “Haera and I are brothers…just through our father. A daughter in other woman… My mom really hates her and her existence... Of course, mom made me hate her too. Saying that Haera is the one who ruined our happy family, the one who had brought the curse to our father…the reason why I hadn’t hugged our father when I’m still a kid. I hate her. I hate how she had all of father’s attention…”

               “Not knowing that your father ignores her too…”

               “Of course, I still don’t know everything before but when we had met each other again here in Korea, I hurt her even more. Making her feel that she’s not loved, I stepped on her ego, I talked ill of her mother and that’s the first time I saw her crying alone… I felt really guilty…I always thought that dad is always with her but I’m wrong, she’s with someone not even blood-related to her… and I learnt that dad is overworking himself just to give us both an equal love and future … that is when I started to act like her brother, a thing I’d always wanted to do… but as far as we both witnessed… she is so stubborn, she still refused to accept my help. I never give up but when we stepped into highschool…”

               “She met Gyuri… and that girl controlled her…?” I asked.

               He nodded, “I told her to stay away from Gyuri but she never listened instead it seemed that she got even more pissed by my existence… -_- what a stubborn sister I have… guess she really doesn't want to acknowledge me as his brother...”

               “The hatred… is it still there?”

               “It was gone a long time ago… I just pretend that I hate her when we’re around a lot of people from Gyuri’s group…I don’t want to put her at stake…but I’m really mad about what she did to Ren, she’s going too far playing the role Gyuri assigned her.”

               “Why haven’t you told me before?”

               “Well, you never asked for it” he replied with a naughty grin. “But I was surprised that Aron-hyung knows her…don’t tell him that we’re brothers…he’ll never stop giving me sermons for sure…”

               “Baekho? How about Baekho?”

               He looked serious, “Minhyun…tell me do you like my sister?”

               I was caught off guard by his question, “Now where did that question came? I don’t like her… I already have someone I love.”

               He smiled, “Baekho and Haera… I think they were in such a relationship before. I think two years ago…right! They broke up just right before we met each other. Rumors say that Haera’s a player.”

               I stared at him, “A player?!”

               “You know… something like a heart-breaker or the sort…” he replied.

               “But those were just rumors, right?”

               “Hmm…” he crossed his arms. “Did you say "you weren’t interested in her" earlier?” he asked innocently. “Or could it possibly be that you’re the type who wants heart-breakers?” he continued.

               “Aishh…” I sighed.

               He smirked, “I think those rumors were true… as I remember … it was like every month she has a new boyfriend or so… as Yoona told me.”

               “Every month?!”

               He looked at me, raised an eyebrow before he finally spit out what he wants to ask, “Are you sure you don’t like my sister?”

               “Do you have a sister complex?” I asked. He scoffed then I continued, “I don’t like her… because…because I… I love her.”

               JR stared at me…

               “I’m not afraid of her being alone anymore… she has two guys that will fight for her sweet yes… what I’m afraid of is when the time comes she won’t be able to choose…”

               “Two?” I clarified. “Are you referring to me and…”

               “Ren” he finished. Right…Ren had declared our rivalry earlier…

 

               Haera was raised to be alone. Her father made her believe that he had turned his back on her. Her mother died when she was still seven, learned that her father had another family which made her think even more that he doesn’t care for her and her mother. JR had hurt her ego. She grew without a lot of friends…

 

She had played alone…

                                                                           Slept alone…

                                             Ate alone…                                                       cried alone…

Walked alone…                                                              stood alone…

                                                                                                                                                                                   

               Alone…in this cold breeze of life…

 

               She was searching for warmth, the same warmth I’m searching for a long time ago. It’s not yet too late… I want her to feel the same warmth I felt when I met my friends. I want her to feel loved and welcomed. I want her… to let go of that fear… I want to tell her she’s not alone… I want her to finally acknowledge my presence…

 

               “It will rain heavy snow this evening” the forecaster on the TV said.

               “Unnie…is she okay?” Minha asked.

               “Unnie? Do you mean the girl earlier?” I asked. Minha nodded cutely. “She said she’s going to be okay, right?”

               “But she doesn’t have money. She had eaten nothing except for the bread I shared with her earlier” she said.

               “What?!” I asked in surprise.

 

 

               “Hmm…that Haera…is she really okay?” I’m talking to myself when I bumped into someone.

               “Hey, look where you are walking at!” a girl’s voice surprised me.

               “Oh? It’s you” I said. I didn’t expect that she was this short up close... “Have you found your way?”

               She pouted, “No.”

               I sighed, “You shouldn’t have rejected my offer earlier.”

               “I don’t need help from a stupid like you” she insisted but her stomach growled in disagreement.

               “Stubborn girl” I said. “You can come with me and eat dinner with us, Minha is worried about you.”

               I can see from here that her face turned red but why?

                “Just buy me something to eat…I’ll pay you tomorrow when I get my money.”

               “But you’re still lost” I said.

               “Let me borrow money so that I can give a call to my uncle” she said crossing her arms and looking at the payphone across the street, pouting as if she really doesn’t want to ask for help.

               “Okay, but I only have a few won with me” I said handing her the money.

               “That’ll do…” she said while putting the money in her pocket. “What? You already helped me you can go now and don’t worry because I’ll surely pay this. Oh, give me your phone number, so that I can contact you tomorrow.”

               I was a bit disappointed…all I want to hear from her is a simple “thank you”. I give her our phone number at home.

               “Thanks, man” she said in English again. Is she a foreigner or what?

               “It’s Minhyun” I said.

               She pouted, “I didn’t ask for your name. Oh, well…thanks…Minhyun.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

Just a short Chappie~~ I'm so busy :'( well, Hope you liked this chapter hehe...be ready for more xD Sorry for some grammatical errors...I'm hurrying while making the chapters... kekeke... thanks for your understanding~ <3

Oh...I'm quiet surprised that she's a heart breaker haha~ and so STUBBORN ~@m'

What do you think? Will Minhyun get the attention he wants? x)

Find out --> SUBSCRIBE~

Let me know your thoughts about the current storyline~ COMMENT!