Chapter 26 - Favors & Warnings

Poisonous Love

“There you are!” Daesung announced as Muzik walked into the classroom they had cleared out for their café this weekend.

“I ran into some friends.” Muzik lied through her teeth, setting her bag on the ground before turning to see everyone busily working on things.

“So what do you need my help with?” She asked seeing that banners and posters were being made while there were some that were sewing what seemed to be the uniforms that will be wearing this weekend. She sighed seeing the puffy skirt, it just annoyed her. She wasn’t into that kind of stuff.

“Actually, I have another favor to ask of you.” He said kicking the ground under his shoe nervously. Her eyes immediately darted from the students on the floor and up to his hesitant eyes.

“What now?” she asked as he sighed, scratching the back of his neck.

“The girls had suggested doing a singing corner, like what they do in those jazz clubs.” He explained causing her eyes to shoot open.

“Oh, no, no, no. Not me.” Muzik immediately backed away before Daesung dropped to his knees in front of her.

“Pleassssssse…” He begged holding his hands together in front of him as if praying. She rolled her eyes and looked away before she began feeling a tug on her skirt. She looked down panicked to see his puppy dog eyes looking up at her as he gripped onto her skirt.

“Let me go.” She whispered looking around at the stray eyes staring her way.

“Come on, just this once, I’ll never ask anything of you. We need your voice for the café.” He whined hanging his head as she sighed before putting an annoyed hand through her hair.

“Do I still need to wear that godforsaken costume if I’m singing?” She asked looking away as his eyes shot open in excitement before he looked up.

“You’ll do it?” He asked excited causing her to sigh and look down at him.

“I’m not wearing that costume. I’ll come in something fancy but not that.” She pointed out as he smiled, standing up before nodding.

“Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.” He thanked wrapping his arms around her shoulder before jumping up and down in a circle. She tugged out of his arms before adjusting her skirt.

“You owe me BIG.’ She pointed out as he nodded understandably.

 

“Here’s the roll of paper Jiyong-ssi.” Hana announced as the pair made it back to the gym.

“Ah thank you.” He took it quickly and easily from the two girls who had been struggling.

“So what can we help with?” Hana asked linking her arm with Celeste. Jiyong looked up to the pair before looking around the gym.

“Um, we actually need help painting warnings and whatnot inside the maze.” He pointed out as Hana nodded.

“Like ‘Turn back’ and ‘Get out’?” Celeste asked as he nodded.

“The glow paint is on the stage.” He pointed out going back to what he was doing.  The pair maneuvered through the maze before finding the secret door that led out to the side where the gyms stage laid. They grabbed the two cans of paint along with the brushes before walking back in.

“Unnie can I ask you something?” Hana asked once they got into the far end of the maze away from stray ears.

“What?” Celeste answered as she placed her can of paint down.

“Did you date before?” She asked as Celeste blinked in confusion before looking at her.

“Why?” She asked confused as to why the question.

“I think someone likes you, that’s all.” Hana mentioned dipping her brush in the paint before going to her artwork.
“Someone likes me?” Celeste asked with large eyes as Hana chuckled and nodded.

“Just a theory, but the more I see it, it seems to be true.” Hana explained as Celeste curled a hair behind her ear before blinking again.

“Who? Someone I know?” Celeste asked both embarrassed and interested. Hana smiled staring at the letters she drew on the wall.

“Yes, someone you know.” Hana answered as Celeste turned to the wall in thought.

“How do you know they like me?” Celeste then asked as she placed her brush on the wall. Hana smiled again.

“Well for one, he’s always looking at you.” She pointed out as Celeste looked over surprised.

“Really?” She asked embarrassed as she laughed and nodded.

“I see it all the time. Even if he thinks I don’t notice it, I see it.” Hana emphasized ‘see it’ as she pointed to her eyes. Celeste chuckled before looking to the wall.

“Well who is it?” Celeste asked as someone cleared their throat. Both girls looked over to see Jiyong standing in the entryway to the room they were painting. Hana smiled before elbowing Celeste and nodding with her head in Jiyong’s direction.

“Pffft yah right.” Celeste scoffed before putting her brush down and turning to Jiyong.

“What is it?” Celeste asked annoyed causing him to smirk and turn to Hana.

“Ji Nae needs some help with grabbing a few things from her van, can you go and help her?” Jiyong asked Hana who nodded confused, looking to Celeste and then to Jiyong.

“Um sure, I’ll be right back.’ She told celeste before scurrying off away from the tension that seemed to be rising.

“Is there anything else you need?” Celeste asked keeping her eyes on Jiyong who smiled and stepped into the small room.

“How’s your sister doing?” He asked caringly causing her to look at him surprised.

“She’s fine. She’s at home resting.” She answered in monotone as he nodded, kicking a few pieces of rubbish away from him. She kept her eyes on him.

“That’s good to hear. Seungri was so worried about her.” He added as she nodded.

“Well thanks for the concern, but she’s fine. She’ll be back in time for the festival.” She explained turning back to the wall.

“Oh, by the way.” She remember something, turning to Jiyong who look to her interested.

“Tell your friend to stay away from my sister.” She warned as his eyes lit up.

“My friend?” He asked as she nodded with a hand on her hip.

“I don’t know his intentions but if he’s trying to pull something funny with her, he best just step away and leave her alone. If he hurts her, I’ll hurt him.” She hissed causing Jiyong’s heart to leap. She was obviously warning him about TOP moving on Muzik, it was totally obvious. But the way she warned him made his blood boil, in a good way. He clenched his fists in his pocket before swallowing the venom that suddenly wanted nothing but to sink his fangs into his neck. His eyes turned red for a split second before he blinked and looked away, suddenly hearing her heartbeat louder and louder in his ears, calling for him.

“I’ll pass on the word.” He answered before quickly leaving the room in case something happened. She watched him closely before turning back to the wall.

“You better.”