Step Five

10 Steps To Hear: Saranghae ♥
five.
_______________________________________________________________________________

Ping, ping, ping. I could hear the dripping of the faucet kitchen sink falling, every second that passed. I'm so bored; this day is being so boring. After I forgive Youngjae, I had to come home because he needed to practice and I didn't want to intrude. Today was exactly two days I didn't see him, I'm already accustomed to not see him for some time but now that he's more affectionate, I miss him so much.

I sighed and walked to the living room, I lay down on the black couch, and looked to the ceiling, another gasp came out of my mouth and I turned a few times on the couch until my eyes stop in a small frame with my and Youngjae photography. He gave me this frame as a gift on my birthday and every day before I leave the house, I always look to that picture and smile. Oh Youngjae, I miss you. My eyes traveled the entire living room until they stop in my bag which was in the corner of the living room. The bag has been there for two days, yes, I don't leave my house for two days already, that's why I'm dying of boredom. I got up from the couch and opened the zipper of the bag but couldn't open it because something was stuck in it. I forced the zipper until I hear something rip. My eyes widened when I saw that I had torn the paper of the steps. Oh my God, I hope I haven't made crap. With my heart pounding, I grabbed the paper and sighed in relief when I saw that the paper was just a bit torn at the corner. Now that I had the paper in hand, I read the fifth step.

 

'Fifth step: Now that you have forgiven him, it's time for him to get a little angry. When he asks you out, tell him you already have plans. You have to go out with another guy and have to be caught by your boyfriend. If the reaction he has isn't the best then it is because he likes you and just wants you to go out with him.'

 

Oh, I have a feeling that this step will not go too well but now that I finished reading the fifth step, I remembered something. After doing this step, there are only five more. Oh God, I'm half. I sighed and put the paper in the bag. With whom will I go out? I don't have any male friends, I mean; I have, but no longer talk to them for a long time. Hmmm, I'll have to call to Sunni, she has to give me a hand. I picked up the phone, searched her name in the contacts and pressed the green button. Not two seconds passed and she answered.

“Yeobos….”

"Yah Sunni, what kind of fifth step is this?" I asked, not letting her finish answering the call. "You think I'm going out with a guy like that? Out of nowhere? Without being Youngjae?" I asked a question after another and I heard her sigh.

"Tsk, calm down ______." She asked and I puffed my cheeks.

"How can I be calm? You think Youngjae will like it? He is able to flay me to bite when he sees me with a guy he doesn't know." I sat on the couch and leaned my forehead against the cold glass of the living room table. I bet Youngjae would get angry, just thinking about it, a shiver ran down my spine and my hands trembled.

"Oh please ______, don't overdo it, you'll be fine." Sunni said a little upset. Aish, she doesn't know how it is to don't hear the word 'I love you ' because her boyfriend has already told her it many times. Lucky her.

"Yah, I'm not going out with any guy." I protested and she swore something like 'damn annoying'. "I heard what you said." I replied.

"Glad you heard." She said ironically and I frowned, she was making me upset. "Look, let's do this, I talk with my brother and he will fetch you home. Technically you're going out with him." She said and I thought a bit, well, it was her brother, okay, I've known him for quite a few years.

“Ok.” I nodded although she hadn't seen it. "The problem is that Youngjae hasn't called me."

"Wait and see. He'll call you in a few seconds. My intuition never fails." She laughed devilish, and I sighed. She is so weird sometimes. At that moment I heard a beep on my phone and I looked at the screen. I was having a call and it was from Youngjae.

"I have to hang up, Youngjae is calling me." I said and I heard her evil laugh again. "I just want to say one thing before hang up. Come with me and your brother, so when I need your help, you're there." I asked.

"But.. ______ I don't..." She would invent an excuse but I interrupted her again.

"I know I'll need your help so don't refuse." I said in a bossy tone and then hung up the call. I pressed the green button and answer the call of Youngjae. “Yeoboseyo.”

"Hey jagiya, look, you wanna go out with me today?" He asked in a gentle tone and my heart began to pound heavily in the chest because of the affectionate name he called me. Ah, his voice, how I longed to hear his voice.

"Hmm, I can’t today Youngjae." I lied and that hurt me, I never lied to him, well, not quite lying, is omitting the truth but still, it hurts.

“Oh, ok.” He said and I could tell he was a little sad. "What will you do to not be able to go?" He asked and I ran my hand through my black hair. What should I say? I was never good at lie and hide things to him.

"Oh, well.. I.. I'll do something.. Yes, I'll do something." I said with my voice a little shaky. Oh God.

"Hmm, ok. I'm going out with hyungs in the mall and then I'll step by your house." He said.

"Ok, see you later." I turned off the call and sighed in relief, he suspected nothing, maybe because he relies so much on me. I looked at the screen of the phone and I passed my fingers over the screen. Mian Youngjae, mian. The doorbell rang and I freaked out. Heck, I've got to stop scaring easily. I got up from the couch and walked to the door. I opened it and saw it was Sunni’s brother. He was very similar to Sunni, his personality was too similar to hers, but he is calmer than her and quieter too. Sometimes I don't even believe they are twin brothers, but hey, they are.

"Hi ______." He greeted me by giving me a kiss on each side of my cheek.

"Hello Kuyng." I smiled at him and peeked behind him. "Where is Sunni?" I asked and she came out from behind his back.

"Hello" She waved to me and I rolled my eyes. "I know Youngjae is walking in the mall with the rest of the guys so we can’t waste time." She clapped her hands and I sighed. I grabbed the bag and the keys, and all walked in silence to the mall; luck was that it was close to my house. "Well kids, behave and act as if you two are enjoying a good time together ok?" Sunni asked when we reached the entrance of the mall and I looked at her with my eyebrows furrowed. Is it me or is she enjoying this? She approached me and Kuyng and joined our hands.

"Yah, what are you..." I'd ask but she interrupted me.

"Shut up and go." She commanded, and Kuyng pulled my hand and we entered into the mall. I turned my face back and exchanged glances with Sunni; I wanted her to stay around. She nodded, understanding what I was thinking and I looked forward. My heart was having a race. Never in my life I would pretend I was able to enjoy a good time with Kuyng. I had so many feelings and emotions go through my body. Sadness, anxiety, frustration and above all fear. Fear of losing Youngjae or fear if him gets very upset with me. I looked down and looked at my hand that was united with Kuyng, I felt so strange. It wasn't his hand that I wanted to grab and feel, but rather Youngjae's hand. I want Youngjae, now. I cried mentally.

"_______, prepare yourself. Youngjae is there." Kuyng pointed to the left and I saw him, I saw Youngjae, he was smiling with the boys and he still hadn't seen me. My eyes never left his delicate face until I see Yongguk put a hand on his shoulder and pointed to us. Youngjae looked where Yongguk was pointing, we exchanged glances and his smile faded when he saw that I was holding hands with Kuyng. I saw his eyes widened and his hands close into a fist. I swallowed hard, and released my hand from Kuyng. I saw Youngjae was approaching us; I looked into his face and felt a chill scroll down through my spine. He was with a straight face, his eyebrows were furrowed and his lips were sealed in a row, he was biting his lips. Youngjae stopped in front of us; he looked at me and then looked at Kuyng. In a blink of an eye he grabbed the shirt collars of Kuyng, and pressed him against the wall.

"What are you doing with my girlfriend?" He asked in a fierce voice and I widened my eyes. I had never seen him like that, he's always been a quiet person and now he lost his temper in a snap. "Who you think you are to walk hand in hand with her?" He asked and pressed further Kuyng shirt collars, I could see the white dents from Youngjae’s hand; such is the strength that he was grabbing the shirt of Kuyng. "You don't have to approach _______ with your dirty hands." He said the words so spiteful, and raised his right hand in a fist ready to punch Kuyng. I watched it all, astonished and terrified at the same time. I never knew this side of Youngjae. Sunni please, please, appear. I asked in my mind constantly.

"Yah Youngjae what are you doing to my brother?" Sunni appeared out of nowhere with one hand on her hips and I sighed in relief. Thank God, she appeared. She approached us, took a $5 bill from her pocket and handed it to Kuyng. "Looks like you won the bet bro." She said, and Youngjae looked at her, a little incredulously.

"Be.. Bet?" He asked, and Sunni nodded.

"You can leave the shirt of my brother now?" Sunni asked, and Youngjae dropped the shirt of Kuyng and lowered his head slightly as a sign of apology. Sunni and I exchanged glances, she smiled at me and then she turned away from me, taking with her, her brother. Seconds later I looked at Youngjae and leaned against the cold wall of the mall. He took a few steps to get close to me and put one hand on each side of my shoulder, I closed my eyes waiting for him to curse me but what happened next was what I was less expecting. I felt something warm and fluffy leaning on my cheek. I opened my eyes and saw that Youngjae was kissing my cheek. This was the first kiss we had exchanged.

“______.” He whispered my name so tender and I shivered because of the good feeling that went through my body. "I'm sorry if I scared you, I was blind with jealousy when I saw you holding hands with that guy but I never would hurt you." He kissed the other side of my cheek and I blushed, it was so good to feel his breath hitting on my cheeks. "I didn't know that was a bet." He kissed the tip of my nose and I almost melted of so much affection. "Please promise me that you only go out with me and no other guy." He asked and kissed my forehead. "Promise?" He asked and I nodded slightly, I couldn't speak and was afraid that if I opened my mouth to say something, I could ruin this moment. "You are mine, only." He rested his forehead on mine and hugged me. "You are only mine and nobody else's." He said, staring intensely into my eyes. His eyes were a little sparkle, and his cheeks were flushed as mine. "Remember what I'm telling you now because I will only repeat once more: You are only mine, all mine and nobody else's, Song ______, I don't share you with anyone." He tightened the hug and I leaned my head on his chest.

"And you're only mine, Yoo Youngjae." I whispered and heard the beating of his heart increasing. I interfere with his feelings, no; I must say: I interfere A LOT with his feelings.

 

Fifth step: successfully completed but I felt sorry for Kuyng. (PS: I didn't know that Youngjae was so strong).

_______________________________________________________________________________
                          AUTHOR'S NOTES 

Oh my god.. Only now I saw that this chapter is big.. Looks like I got excited.. Eh eh ^^. Oh.. Thank you for your comments so captivating and full of support ♥