Step Three

10 Steps To Hear: Saranghae ♥
three.
_______________________________________________________________________________

“______-ah, ______-ah, wake up." I heard a voice in the background and felt some arms shaking me. I wanted to sleep a little longer. Whoever the person was, I wanted to sleep, and I’m tired. “______.” The voice was calling me again.

"Just a few more... Just a few more hours, please." I mumbled and I covered my face with a satin pillow. I heard the person sighing and beating constantly with the foot on the floor, it was annoying me.

“______, wake up.” The person took the pillow of my face and I blinked my eyes a few times. I looked at the person who was in front of me and there was nothing less than my best friend, Sunni.

"Oh for God's sake Sunni let me sleep." I sighed and turned my back to her, wishing she would go away. I want to sleep, is it too much to ask? I don't even know how she entered; did yesterday after Youngjae go home I haven't locked the door? Oh, I'm so forgetful. I have to be careful from now on. I felt the other side of the bed sinking and I closed my eyes, if she wants to sleep too, is even better. She grabbed my arm and pinched my cheek.

"______, I love you." She whispered and I sat in bed at the speed of light. "Aren’t these the words you want to hear?" She asked with a pesky smile on the lips and I did a snoot with my mouth. How dare she say these words? How dare she play with these so important words?

"I'll kill you and it'll be today." I got up from the bed, she opened the door of my room and the pesky smile had disappeared completely from her lips when she saw my face. I wasn't into pranks. "You think this is some joke? Ahn?" I asked with my arms crossed and she shook her hands.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry." She asked and I smiled devilishly.

"Your days are counted." I said in a cold voice, and she wiped the sweat from her forehead.

"Uh, ah, I… I remembered I had to do something right now. Goodbye and don't forget to read the third step." She waved to me hurriedly and came out of my sight. Seconds later I heard the front door close and I sighed. That's how you scare a person, but she ruined my sleep. Well, the only thing I had to do was read the third step. I opened the drawer of the bedside table and picked up the paper a bit crumpled, I have to preserve it better, if not; I will not be able to read the remaining steps. I sat on the bed, I opened the paper and my eyes scanned the written lines in the third step.

 

'Third step: Let's play a game. He has to repeat what you say and then you have to repeat what he says. During the game you have to say 'I love you' and see if he repeats, if he repeats, then you don't need to read the remaining steps.'

 

A game? I'm sure Youngjae will not like it, but it never hurts to try. I folded the paper and put it in the same place. I looked at the clock in the shape of a white cloud that was on top of the bedside table and noticed the hours. 9:50 am. Omo, I slept a lot today. Does Youngjae still asleep? Yesterday after I feed him, yes, I had to feed him, we talk until late and he went home long after midnight. I hope he rest well.

I looked out the window and a small smile formed on my lips today was sunny, the weather was good. It was a great day for a walk. My phone started ringing and I caught it, I had a message from Youngjae.

 

Youngjae: 'Good morning ______. I hope I don't have woken you, I know you're a sleepyhead. Well, I wanna know if you wanna come over to my dorm to spend this day together. What do you think?'

 

Oh, tender message of Youngjae. Oh, my heart is beating wildly, just because of a message. I sighed and smiled openly, God, I'm glad. Of course I would go to his dormitory; of course there was no need to ask twice, my answer was so obvious. I pressed the button to answer.

 

Me: 'Of course I will. See you soon. Kiss.'

 

I threw the phone onto the bed and got dressed hurriedly. I was excited to spend the day with him; it's not every day that I have this opportunity so I have to take advantage of it. I looked into the mirror and I was decent, nothing of short dresses and skin showing. I smiled at myself in the mirror and I went down the stairs towards the front door. I put my feet on the street and smiled openly. The birds were chirping, the smell of flowers was in the air and my heart was pounding with joy.

The dormitory of Youngjae was close to my house, it took only 10 minutes walking. While I was walking to there, I was singing a song I had heard on the radio yesterday. When I found myself, I was already ahead of the dormitory door. I rang the bell and seconds after the door was opened by a smiling and smelling Youngjae. Ah, his smile.

"Good morning." I greeted him with a smile and he hugged me, surprising me. I know he hugged me yesterday but I wasn't used to being greeted with a hug, not by him, but I loved being greeted like this.

"Good morning. I know I've told you in the message good morning but it’s always better to say good morning when I see your cute face." He opened the door wider and I entered.

"Oh, today we're in a good mood and flirtatious." I said in a mocking tone and he rolled his eyes. It wasn't the first time I was in the dorm and it was here that Youngjae introduced me to the other members. We have a good relationship and they are like brothers to me.

"I can’t praise my girlfriend?" He asked walking to the living room and sat on the couch.

"Of course you can and you should." I laughed and sat down beside him. "Where are the others?" I asked.

"They went out." He shrugged, not taking his eyes off the television. It was showing a program about music which I didn't much care. Hmm, maybe I should start doing what the third step said.

“Youngjae.” I approached him and I leaned my head on his shoulder.

“Hmmm.”

"Let's play a game." I removed my head from his shoulder and sat on the floor. "Come." I gestured with a finger. He turned off the TV and sat in front of me.

"What kind of game?" He asked curiously.

“Well, I admit it will be a bit annoying but it's the only idea I have in mind right now." I shrugged and he nodded. "So it's like this: I say something and you have to repeat and vice versa." I explained the game, I know it's boring, but I'm not guilty of Sunni having a mind so limited.

"The game is that?" Youngjae asked crossing his arms.

“Yes.” I nodded. "It's just for a few minutes and then we can do whatever you want." I gave a small smile and he nodded. "You can start." I pointed with my index finger at him.

“Ok.” He looked at the ceiling, he is probably thinking about what to say. "I'm a sleepyhead." He said after a few seconds. I raised an eyebrow. Seriously? That's what he wanted me to repeat it? I shook my head.

"I'm a sleepyhead." I repeated. “Say one more sentence and then it's my turn." I said and he nodded with a smirk.

"I think I have the best boyfriend in the world." He said in a mocking tone.

"Yah, don't overdo it." I crossed my arms and he pouted.

"You have to repeat ______-ah." He looked at me with fake sad eyes and I sighed.

"I think I have the best boyfriend in the world." I repeated and he smiled.

"See, it wasn't very difficult." He said and I rolled my eyes. He has a good self-esteem and he changes his mood quickly.

"Now it's my turn." I said and he nodded. Okay, let’s go to the focal point; let's say what has to be said. “I love you.” I said quietly and his eyes widened. I just told him I loved him once, it was a long time ago. This was the second time; he for sure was surprised because the words are almost new to his ears. I looked into his eyes; I was expecting him to repeat.

"I.. I lo.. " My heart started beating wildly and I could feel my blood running in the veins. "I gotta go drink some water." He rose abruptly from the ground and took a few hasty steps into the kitchen.

He didn't repeat. He was about to say all the words, but he didn't ended. I felt a tingling in the nose and the tears began to emerge, the missing words have hurt me. I got up and a tear rolled down my cheek. I wiped it with the palm and opened the dorm door.

"Yah, ______, where are you going?" Youngjae asked behind me but I didn't look at him.

"Away." Were the only words I could say and then I closed the dormitory door. I left that place trying to suppress the tears but I couldn't, they now were falling freely. I felt my phone vibrate and saw that Youngjae was calling me. I answered. “What do you want?" I asked a little harshly, trying to make my voice not seem muffled because of the crying.

“______, mian.” He asked but I didn't answer. "I like you. You're the best girlfriend in the world. I like you, that's why I'm with you, ______. I'm sorry if I hurt you." He said with his voice low but I wouldn't forgive him so soon, he deserved a punishment. Although I know that I'll forgive him sooner or later but today definitely I will not forgive him, maybe tomorrow when I'm better or the next day or next week or next month. I don’t know.

"Just like it isn't enough." I said and hung up the call. I looked at the sky and the sun shone in my eyes. "I don't like you, I love you, Yoo Youngjae." I whispered and a tear trickled down over my cheek.

 

Third step: Not successfully completed. It seems that not every step can be completed successfully; much less the words 'I love you' can be repeated so easily.

_______________________________________________________________________________
                          AUTHOR'S NOTES 

Not everything can have a happy ending.. Better days will come ^^. Don't be sad and thank you for the lovely comments.. you all give me lots of support.. Thank you so so much ♥