Step Two

10 Steps To Hear: Saranghae ♥
two.
_______________________________________________________________________________

Tick ​​Tock, Tick Tock. My ears don't stop to listen to the little annoying sound that the clock in front of me did. I was lying in my bed and had nothing to do at all. Since that day in the cafe, I didn't see Youngjae, he was busy with some shows and I miss him but I know I can’t be selfish. He is an idol and before we started dating, I already knew how his life was.

I haven't read the second step that my best friend wrote and honestly I don't feel like reading, I woke up today with laziness. I stared at the ceiling and put my arm over my forehead. Will I be able to do the 10 steps and complete them successfully? My biggest fear was that, that I wouldn't be able to complete them; I want so much to hear the essential words. I want so much to hear that he loves me but will he say it? And if at the end I conclude the 10 steps, he doesn't tell me he loves me? I think I'll collapse. All that work for nothing. I can’t think about it, I can’t. I'll get it, right? My hopes vanished in an instant.

“No, ______, no. You have to go all the way." I said to myself and nodded. "Yeah, let's read the second step." I got up from the bed and grabbed my bag that was on the chair. I rummaged the bag and found the paper. In that very instant my phone started ringing and I answered without looking at the screen.

“Yeoboseyo.”

“Yah, ______.” I pulled away the phone from my ear when I heard the shrill voice of Sunni across the line. "Why did you answer the phone?" She asked and I furrowed a brow.

"Am I not supposed to answer when someone calls me?" I asked with a raised eyebrow while playing with my hair with the index finger.

"I see you still not read the second step." She snorted at the other end of the line.

"I'd just read when I was interrupted by an annoying human being." I say ironically, and I could hear her laughing. "But tell me why you called. Do you want to know how the first step went?" I asked with a smile. I haven't talked to her since she told me to read the steps. Yes, she is also busy such as Youngjae. I think when I become elderly; I'll be a lonely and full of sorrow elderly.

“Oh, no.” She said and I hit my foot on the wooden floor a little impatient. "I just want to warn you that today Youngjae will have the afternoon off."

"Hey, how do you know that?" I asked surprised. I didn't know he was going to have the afternoon off and I'm his girlfriend.

"I have my sources. Now read the second step. Annyeonghi.” She said goodbye and hung up the call. It was the second time she hung up the call without letting me speak. Aish.

I sighed and shrugged. It's people of this kind who make my hair turn gray. I threw the phone on the bed, opened the paper that was in my hands and read the second step.

 

'Second step: Today is a great day to stay home. If he send you messages or call you, don't answer it. He will be worried and will look for you.'

 

Hmmm, ok, this step is so simple. I just have to ignore his calls and messages. Ok, I see that this day will be boring because Youngjae send me just few messages and it's rare to call me. Oh well, what do I do then? I approached the window of my room, some clouds were gray and the sun disappeared completely, it would rain soon. It seems that today is a good day to stay home, indeed.

I lay back on the bed and the television, sometimes I pressed on the button to change the channel and there was nothing interesting to see, it's so boring. I turned off the television and took a few turns in bed. I felt something solid under my belly, it was my phone. I looked at the screen and at that time it vibrated. I had a new message and who it was? From who? Youngjae.

 

Youngjae: '______-ah, today I have the afternoon off. Want to go for a walk?'

 

I opened a big smile when I read the message but seconds later the smile faded. I couldn't answer him; or rather, I could answer him but I wouldn't answer because the second step said that I shouldn't answer.

I looked at the hours, 01:50 pm. It's only today that I can’t answer him, right? Tomorrow I can answer him? Aish, I want so much to answer him. I always reply to the messages but it seems that today I will not respond. The blame is all his, all his. If he said those simple words, I wasn't required to do this but hey, life is full of complications.

I put the phone on top of the bedside table and the radio. Nowadays there aren't many people who listen to the radio but I'm different. I sang some parts of the songs that went on the radio to see if time passed and foremost, I avoided looking at the time. I got tired of listening to music and turned off the radio. I grabbed my phone to see if I had any message or call. I unlocked it and saw I had one more message.

 

Youngjae: 'Yah ______, answer me. I'm waiting.'

 

I could tell that he was getting upset but I wasn't going to give the arm twisting. I grimaced and sighed for the phone. I think I'll die of boredom. I passed my hands through my wavy hair and looked at the wallpaper that was on my phone. I was next to Youngjae and we were both smiling. I remember that day, it was our first date, and I will never forget the charming smile that Youngjae had that day. That smile always comforted me and melted my heart.

The vibration of my phone woke me from my thoughts. Youngjae was calling me, I would press the green button to answer but stopped halfway through, I can’t answer, I can’t.

"I'm sorry Youngjae but it's for your own good, or should I say for my own good?" I told myself. I think that boredom causes a person starts talking to herself, at least that was what was happening to me. I sighed and dropped the phone on the bed. I looked back at the time, 03:00 pm. I approached the window again and the rain fell heavily. My eyes saw a thunder and I shivered slightly, I don't like this kind of weather.

I put on my cardigan that was resting on the chair and grabbed the phone. I went downstairs and lay down on the couch, I the television that was in the living room and it was showing a drama that I didn't know the name. I put the phone on top of the glass table and I hear it vibrating constantly.

"I swear if he doesn't stop calling me I will answer." I unburdened myself covering my face. I was so bored and I wanted so much to answer him. Call me desperate, call me stupid or whatever but I'm not able to spend that long without talking to him. I'm dependent on him, I love him and I don't think I'll be able to love another guy, ok, maybe I'm exaggerating a bit but the truth is that I didn't want to be without him.

Maybe I should respond. I no longer want to care about this second step, it's stupid. I picked up the phone and saw that I had another message from him.

 

Youngjae: ‘______, I'm worried about you. Answer me please. What's going on?'

 

Oh, he's worried? Ah, so I better not answer, I want him to be a little more worried. I'm evil once in a while. I looked at the TV and the main couple of the drama were kissing. Immediately I turned off the TV because I felt melancholy. Youngjae and I haven't even given our first kiss yet. Oh, please don't be astonished, I want to feel his lips since the first day we started dating but I was never able to kiss him and he never tried. As I said before, life is full of complications.

I walked into the kitchen and opened the refrigerator, I took out a packet of chocolate ice cream from the fridge and grabbed a spoon. I have to entertain myself with something. I took a bit of ice cream in the spoon and put it to the mouth. When I would sit on the couch, I heard the doorbell ring. I put the ice cream on the table but left the spoon in my mouth. I walked to the door and opened it. My eyes widened when I saw Youngjae in front of me, all soaked. His clothes were wet and a few drops were falling through the strands of his blond hair. His lips trembled slightly and his eyes were red.

I took the spoon from the mouth a little stunned. “Omo, Youngjae.”

"______, ______, are you okay? You're not hurt?" He asked me, looking at me up and down but I didn't answer, I was still stunned. "Oh, thank goodness you're okay, I was so worried." Without further ado he hugged me. He hugged me, he hugged me, he hugged me. I dropped the spoon from my hand and return the hug; I didn't care if he was hugging me tightly until my lungs complain of shortness of breath or if my pajamas were getting wet. What matters is that he was hugging me, this was our first hug. "Please answer always to my messages or answer when I call you." He asked with a trembling voice and broke the hug. I looked into his eyes and he smiled a little. "Forgive my sudden action but I was worried and bad feelings went through my mind."

“No.” I shook my head. "You don't need to apologize, I do need to apologize for not having responded to your messages and calls." I smiled and he hugged me again. Oh, how I love him.

"Okay, just don't do that anymore, please." He said and I nodded. “Atchu.” He sneezed through the hug and I laughed.

“You have to dry your hair." I said and he nodded. "You can wear my clothes." I said and he smiled and disappeared from my sight. Ok, he can wear my clothes because usually the clothes I have are baggy sweatshirts and training suit pants. I sat on the couch again and minutes later he sat down beside me, his hair was a little wet and fell across his eyes. I fixed his hair and then took a bit of ice cream with a spoon, I'd take it to my mouth but Youngjae grabbed my hand and ate the ice cream. “Yah, if you want to eat, take another spoon." I protested and he laughed.

"Feed me." He ordered and hugged my shoulders.

“What?” I asked dumbfounded.

"This is your punishment for not having responded to my messages, so feed me." He pouted and pointed to his mouth while I sighed. It seems that I managed to complete the second step but won a punishment.

Aish, Yoo Youngjae, only you, to do something stupid become special.

 

Step Two: Successfully completed but, hey, I won a punishment.

_______________________________________________________________________________
                          AUTHOR'S NOTES 

Done ^^. Guys, THANK YOU SO SO SO MUCH, for the beautiful comments and subscriptions ^^. Thank you so much from the bottom of my heart ♥

Credit of the Gif:

jiyeops   http://jiyeop.tumblah.com/post/40574871269