The First Start

The Magnitude of a Touch

 

 

Kyuhyun stays immobile on his usual spot on the bench facing the swing where Sungmin would always go and play. He would be sitting there silently everytime Sungmin goes home from school and go out again to exhaust his lithe body. The charming little boy sometimes plays alone, have his way on the rusting swing or sometimes play with other kids but most of the time he'll be alone. Sungmin loves the serenity of being alone.

"Hey Kyu! Come here and play with me!" Kyuhyun smiled upon hearing the small  squeaky voice calling him. Yes, you got it right readers, Sungmin can see him and only he can see him. It was what he called as self assurance that made him let the boy know his presence. He wanted to get atleast a little of that stunning attention that everyone gets. He deserves a bit of that since he had been taking care of the little bunny since he was born, no, since he was  just a homeless soul. Maybe it was happiness but he doesnt know what happines is but Sungmin will always say that every people smile when they are happy. The problem is that he also doesnt know what a smile is maybe it's the way his lips twitch up but Sungmin will alway shout "That's a smirk Kyuhyun!" Nevertheless he doesnt want to lose Sungmin.

"Kyu! Kyu! You're floating somewhere again!" he was pulled out of his reverie when he notice the close proximity of his face and Sungmin's waving hand. He jumped off the bench and secured himself behind it. Hand clutching his chest tightly, his eyes widens. He feels something beating inside him. Wait. His heart's beating and he's feeling it. "Kyu! What are you doing there!?" Sungmin crosses his short chubby arms and pouted. He doesnt know why everytime he tries to touch Kyuhyun he would runaway like a scared little cat. He's sad that for 8 years he hadn't felt how it is to touch Kyuhyun.


Kyuhyun finally gaining back his natural stance shaked his head and sighed. "How many times do i have to tell you to call me hyung? Im hurt that you're not using any honorifics on me when your lovingly calling the turtle guy hyung" he made a tsk sound and continued. "And its rude shouting on someone's face, i can almost feel your germs filled saliva hitting my face"

Sungmin pouted more. He didnt know but he can feel his baby heart aching. It feels weird that he wants to run into his mother's warm hug and cry. So he grab his backpack beside the spot when Kyuhyun had sat and turns his back on the older guy. "Nappeun hyung"


Kyuhyun chuckles as he watch the retreating back of Sungmin. He silently follows behind while humming a song he heard somewhere. He looks up and see the dark clouds occupying the once blue sky. It's gonna rain and little Sungminnie needs to go home now.