Hongdae

I Dream

 


Sound Entertainment, main lobby

Daehyun met with Sanghyun hyung again in Sound Entertainment's pure white lobby. It was a Saturday morning but the building was as busy as ever, with managers and stylists running around disorganized and shouting into phones and walkie talkies. 


The female receptionist at the desk had given him the biggest smile...did she have a crush on him? Probably, he snickered to himself. She was probably his first fangirl.

"What are you laughing about?" Sanghyun looked around, checking to see if he was actually laughing to himself. This boy was a special one.

"Nothing, what's my schedule?"

Armed with papers, he unloaded them into Daehyun's arms.

"Whoa, hyung, what's this?"

"Your schedule," he waved a hand in gesture at the page on top. "First things first, we're holding a meeting with the staff."

"And the members too?"

"The top candidates for the group will be there. But who knows who's gonna make it."

As Sanghyun led him through the building, he kept an eye out for the sunbaes.

"Oh, don't expect to talk to a lot of people around here. Big Bang's off on their tour, and Yongguk is training for debut. We're a busy place for these next few months."

As they walked across the hall over the lobby, Daehyun swore he saw someone familiar heading towards the entrance doors. Before he could check, however, Sanghyun rushed him inside the conference room.

"Ah, the newest trainees..." the CEO recognized Daehyun and nodded. "Sanghyun, where's Hyunwoo?"

"He must be coming."

"We'll begin without them then."

Sanghyun motioned at Daehyun to go sit down at the trainee side of the conference table. Listening intently were several classmates of his, some either nodding at him or ignoring him completely. Hyorin, Ailee, Ilhoon, Woohyun, Myungsoo, Junhong...they were from 3B and among the top ten students.

"This is an outline of the groups' concepts and plans," one of the staffs started the power point.

The door opened again, and the staff watched as a few more people filed in. Amongst them were IU, a few other managers, and...Eunji. Followed by none other than Lee Kikwang.

 


The Lee Estate, earlier in the morning

"Jung Eunji! Come out!"

The girl turned in her half-awake state, feeling the bed for her phone, and...tumbled to the ground in her bundle of blankets.

Kikwang burst into the room, crossing his arms. "You alright?"

"I'm fine," she grumbled, now wide awake.

"What happened?" Kikwang's mom came up to survey the damage. "Did one of you get punched again?"

"Mom," the boy scoffed, "we aren't kids anymore."

The woman gave him a look before heading back downstairs, "Whatever you say, son."

He turned back to Eunji, who was now checking Hyunwoo's frantic text messages, and tried to get a glimpse of her screen.

"Ow!" She yelped and dropped her phone as his weight was put onto her back, and punched him. "Don't step on me! I'm late!"

"Late for what? We're going to Hongdae with the class today, aren't we?"

"Get off, get off!" She pushed him off her, pulling on her hoodie at top speed. Great, I forgot about Hongdae too.

"What?" He curiously watched as she tugged on her socks and ran out.

"Oh! Dear," Kikwang's mother jumped as Eunji raced out the front door past her. Kikwang came down the stairs after her in pursuit. "Where are you two going? I made breakfast-"

"Sorry, mom! Leave it in the fridge!" He slammed the door shut behind him and raced onto the street after Eunji, who was boarding the public bus down at the street corner. The doors slid closed as he leaped up the steps.

Mrs. Lee smiled at her husband, who was groggily entering the kitchen. "See how easy it was to get them talking again? A few more dinners, and then voila, we have the inseperable twins again!"

Her husband grumbled something incoherant as he reached for his glass of orange juice.

"Yah!" She sighed sharply when she took a seat and saw him making his way over. "You weren't supposed to follow me!"

"Well I'm gonna follow you," he said stubbornly. "Deal with it."

She typed furiously on her phone, ignoring him.

"Where are you going?"

After a bit of nagging, Eunji finally told him, "To my first company meeting...I signed a contract a few days ago."

"Really..." he clasped his hands together, "aigoo, our Eunji is growing up!"

"Yah! I'm really gonna kick you!"

"I can't wait to see your concepts!"

Her eyes widened as she thought about it, "If I'm stuck with a girly concept I will just die."

"How about y?"

"y..." she hadn't thought about having to act y. Would she have to dance like Hyuna-teacher in class?

Honestly Kikwang didn't know how to react. He didn't like the idea of her going into the entertainment industry as an idol. He thought she'd opt for being a vocal trainer or a coach or something. Being an idol meant concepts, schedules, publicity, and...fanboys. And lovelines. And attention...uneccessary attention.

Her stop was announced shortly, and Eunji hurried off the bus, trailed by Kikwang. One block and around a corner later, Sound Entertainment's entrance came into sight, and she made a beeline for the double glass doors.

 


Sound Entertainment, conference room

"Nice of you to join us," the staff presenting the slide show waited until they took a seat before continuing.

"Who are you?" A staff noticed Kikwang as he pulled out a chair next to Eunji.

"Her bodyguard," he whispered sarcastically.

"Hyorin, your debut single title is 'Alone', with of course, a lonely city woman concept," the staff was reading up front. Another staff skipped to the next slide. "Ailee, you'll be promoting the powerful 'Heaven' at the same time as Hyorin. The two of you will be the debut sub-unit 'Femme Fatale'. You'll be the first up for promotions."

With that, the slideshow out and the staffs turned to the conference table.

"Where are Eunji's plans?" Hyunwoo raised a hand.

The woman checked her clipboard, "Still undecided."

"We'll have it down by the end of the meeting," CEO-nim waved a hand in dismissal. "Move on to the boy group."

Sanghyun jumped up to receive the controller, clicking through his slides excitedly. "Our group name is Best Absolute Perfect, stylized as B.A.P. The symbol is a bunny. And get this - I even came up with a story. Once upon a time..."

As Sanghyun told a story of Planet Mato and matokis, Daehyun's eyes flicked to Eunji and Kikwang on the other side of the room. What was he doing here? With Eunji? Why were they always together? Was Hayi serious about them being friends?

Eunji glanced around at the people in the meeting. Hyorin, Ailee, Woohyun, Myungsoo, IU, Ilhoon, Junhong, and many more teenagers her age not from Seoul Performing Arts Academy that'd been accepted as trainees. So her members could be IU, Ailee, or Hyorin...suddenly Eunji felt inferior; these 3B girls were in a higher rank than her.

Daehyun was there too. He'd gotten signed but didn't tell her?

"That's it," Sanghyun clapped his hands together. "The complete roster will be released to the media tomorrow. Practice hard, boys."

"What about me?" IU snapped at her manager, who asked the staff.

"You," the CEO turned his attention to her displeasingly, "just go to school until Hyunwoo calls you back."

"Him? What about Lena?" She gestured to her current manager.

"Lena isn't working with you anymore," he replied. "You're not a soloist. You're with Aura."

"What?" She glared at him and all the staffs, but shut .

"Have we figured out what to do with Eunji?" Park CEO turned to the staff who were bustling with decisions.

"Boy, who are you?" The female staff sitting by them whisper-asked Kikwang again.

"I told you already, her bodyguard," he crossed his arms.

The woman looked back to a page on her clipboard and adjusted her glasses.

"She can debut in a subunit," someone suggested after discussing it.

"He's one of the top ten in that school as well, specializing in dance," the staff member raised her hand suddenly, pointing at Kikwang. "This boy is the one you were looking for. He should be signed as well. I have a good idea for a concept."

"You do? What kind of concept?" The CEO raised a brow.

"A y concept. We haven't done that yet. We can call the subunit...'Troublemaker'," the woman wrote down with a sly grin.

"Interesting," CEO Park rubbed his hands together slowly, and then nodded. "Hyunwoo, hand over the contract."

Hyunwoo pulled a contract out of his briefcase and gave it to Kikwang, who looked to the CEO.

"Are you signing me right now?"

"Why yes, son. Take it or leave it. We all prefer you to take it."

"What am I in for?" He asked as he looked over the trainees' contract.

"Troublemaker, the subunit. You're her bodyguard, no? Unless you want Eunji here to be paired with someone from bap..."

"It's not bap!" Sanghyun sighed in protest, "Why does everyone call it that? It's B.A.P! B. A. P!"

"...whatever," Park CEO waved a hand.

Kikwang glanced at Eunji, who was watching him emotionlessly as always, and then to the other side of the room, where the signed trainees were watching him part curiously part enviously. His eyes rested on Jung Daehyun's face for a brief moment, and then went back to the CEO.

"It's a y concept..." the CEO smirked.

"The contract's only until Troublemaker promotions end?" Kikwang asked as he signed it, to Daehyun's dismay.

CEO Park clapped heartily. "We'll see boy, we'll see. For now let's call you a solo trainee."

"He's going be a solo?" A trainee scoffed, "Is that even fair?"

"If you're looking for fair," the CEO's expression became very serious, "you don't belong in the idol industry."

 


A street in Hongdae, Korea

We're all gathered by Kang-ahjussi's meat grill - Doojoon

"Meat grill," Kikwang informed the group, leading them down a street, "let's hurry or else they might grab a table and start eating without us!"

After the meeting was adjourned with promises of upcoming schedules, the Seoul Academy students hurried to join their friends at Hongdae, with the exception of IU, who was having a talk with the CEO, and Hyorin, who decided to stay back to train her voice some more.

"Shouldn't she play around now?" Eunji asked Hyorin's close friend Ailee as they walked down the crowded streets, still keeping in mind what Hyunwoo had advised her. "I mean, before we all have to be careful."

"For Hyorin, there's never been a time to play around," Ailee explained cheerfully. It seemed she admired her friend. "Hyorin's always been taking care of her voice and improving her range. She takes it real seriously."

"You should tell her to get out more then!" Woohyun stretched his arms and almost hit a lady passing by clutching her ddeokbokki, "How could she miss out on Hongdae?"

"How is she so tan?" Myungsoo wondered aloud. He was ignored, as the rest of the class came into sight.

"You all haven't told them you're signed, right?" Ilhoon asked. The trainees shook their heads. "Don't tell them. They can figure it out when the news comes out."

"Ilhoonie!" Suzy rushed over to him excitedly, showing off how well she'd practiced the cutie player since the last time she saw him. "And I haven't seen you in a long time either! You always leave right after school!"

"That...well..." he stammered.

"Ugh," Yoseob joined his friends, making a face at Suzy and Ilhoon and the students around them, "they know I was the original Aegyo Wonder, right?"

"Get over yourself, hyung," Dongwoon pushed him, and the two got into a pointless argument about his aegyo.

"How's Eunji?" Doojoon lowered his voice and grinned, swinging an arm over his friend's shoulder. "I heard she accompanied you to the dinner party yesterday."

"Yeah, where were you?"

"I didn't feel like going. My parents were talking about how she's grown since the last time they saw her at a dinner party."

"It was...cool," he said.

"Yah, you idiot!" Doojoon pushed his head, "You're smiling like a pabo right now!"

Kikwang looked around for her, but realized she'd already split with a few of the class.

 


Another street in Hongdae, Korea

"Ilhoon, what's your favorite ice cream flavor?" Suzy dragged the poor boy over to the ice cream stand, and everyone else chuckled as they left the two behind.

"What's wrong? You aren't talking much," Eunji cocked her head to peer at the wordless boy. Hayi was a no-show after all, she'd called Eunji to apologize earlier. It left her with Daehyun, so she was alright.

He started shaking his head, but spilled anyways, "Where were you last night? You didn't come home."

She blinked in thought, and then burst out laughing, "Yah, Jung Daehyun! Why didn't you just say you were hungry? I thought you had a key to my apartment?" 

"I'm hungry too, let's stop here!" Woohyun proposed, steering the group into a noodle shop.

No, that wasn't it. He didn't care about the food this time. More like, where did you leave to with Kikwang yesterday after finals? Why was he with you this morning? That was what he wanted to ask. Why couldn't you persuade him out of signing into Troublemaker so I might have a chance?

"We won't be home much anymore, if what the staff said is gonna happen..." she sighed as she spooned some rice onto his plate, "we'll be at the practice room all night. That means distractions from food for you."

She was right, he realized. Maybe it wasn't the time to mope around with stupid thoughts. Anyways, why would I care? And why do I keep asking why I care so much? Jung Daehyun, what's happening to you? Why are you being fed like a kid?

"It's not about the food this time, pabo," he stopped her from continuously passing him rice and suggested, "Let's go somewhere after this." 

"What about them?" She gestured to Woohyun, Myungsoo, Ailee, and Suzy and Ilhoon who'd joined them.

"I'm not gonna be the one paying the bill!" he sniggered mischeviously, eating as fast as he can.

 


Kang-ahjussi's meat grill, Hongdae

"I knew you'd be here," Jiyeon sat down on his lap, offering him a lollipop. When he didn't reply, she slid off onto the chair. "What's wrong?"

"You know. We're not together anymore," he said.

"We can be," she raised a brow, putting the lollipop into her own mouth.

He shook his head, distancing himself a little more from her on the seat. He glanced around, looking for signs of his friends. They'd texted to meet at the grill again but where were they?

"Why not?" She pouted, and when he ignored her, her expression hardened. "It's because of her? Eunji?"

At the mention of her name, Kikwang snapped out of his thoughts. "What? No, it's not that."

"...really? You're leaving me for her?"

"We weren't even togeth-"

"Hyung! Oh..." Yoseob lowered his hand when he saw Jiyeon in the seat next to him.

"What are you doing here? Get out," Dongwoon jerked his chin behind him. Reluctantly she stood and brushed off her designer jeans. 

"Was she bothering you again hyung?" Yoseob rolled his eyes as the shop's doors shut behind her. "There's one persistant one. I'm glad I didn't win the bet."

The boys readily ordered when the waitress came over to check on them. As the meat on the table grill sizzled and they drooled over it, Kikwang spotted a familiar couple walking past the big window at the front of the restaurant outside.

"Isn't that...?" Dongwoon had seen them too, but was shut up by Doojoon's elbow.

"Dig in, boys!" The eldest hyung piled meat into everyone's bowls.

 


Yet another street in Hongdae, Korea

"We just had food but I'm hungry again!" Daehyun swallowed his saliva as the smell from a BBQ grill drew him in.

"No, you can't," Eunji tugged on his arm away from the restaurant's front windows. "You're already fat."

"This girl," he started to imitate a Busan ahjumma yelling, getting looks from passersby.

"Yah, shut up," the girl punched his side, and he winced, stopping.

"Why are you so mean to me? What did I do to you?"

She laughed jokingly, "You mean besides come to my house every day and take my food? And come along to fast food restaurants with me so I can pay for you?"

At the mention of her house the troubling thoughts boomeranged back to him. "Yah Jung Eunji, I'm really asking you, where were you last night?"

"Ah...me..." What would he do if he knew she was at Kikwang's house? "I was at Hayi's house. Why?"

He still kept that skeptical look, "Just that you left with Kikwang yesterday, and came in with him this morning. I thought you..."


"Stayed with him overnight?" she laughed, a little nervously, "No way!"

"Hayi said you used to be close friends."

"Ah...that-well-"

He could tell she didn't really want to say anything about it, so he took her arm and dragged her to the arcade. "There's something I wanna get."

"What?"

"That."

For the next ten minutes, he focused only on shooting down targets and showing a manly side profile to Eunji. Unfortunately, when he was done, she was nowhere to be found.

"Look, I -" the boy glanced to his left and right, and found nothing. "JUNG EUNJI!"

Out of annoyance and a bit of worry, Daehyun received his prize and left to search for her. He found her at a nearby accessory shop, struggling to slide a ring off her finger.

He clicked his tongue and shook his head as he approached her, "Look who's talking about being fat now. This wouldn't have happened if you shared those noodles."

She gave him a harsh glare, and yanked the ring off her now slightly purple finger, "That really hurt."

"I have a better one for you," he showed her the prize he won at the shooting game.

"A ring...that's..." instead of being emotionally touched like he imagined, the girl waved the gift in front of him, "yah, how am I supposed to fit this? Do you want me to cut off my finger?!"

"Pabo, if you can't fit it put it on a string! There's no hope for your dumbness," Daehyun sighed exaggeratedly, revealing a string and tying it on her neck for her, cackling. "Now that you put it on, you're my slave forever."

"What?!"

He shook his head amusingly when she tried to claw it off.


"Nope, it's bound magically now. You break the oath, you die."

"What oath..." she rolled her eyes, but beamed when he pulled her ahead. Jung Daehyun was the opposite of her first impression of him. She never would've thought the quiet, reserved boy was actually like this.

How was it that she became so comfortable with him in such a short time? Since when was Daehyun the first person she thought of when she wanted to go out to eat?

Eunji demanded answers from back of his head, until he turned around with a big grin, pointing at some shop he really wanted to go in. 

His satoori. His satoori reminds me of mom and dad.
 


S N O W DAY 2 HOUR DELAY SAY AYE

so i ended up getting some kind of break after all hehe

but then when I was getting home from school my bus broke down and I had to walk home ._. in summary it was an ok day

...aaannnd we're finally going places! Getting some fresh air outside of 3A! Daehyun's satoori is so cute omg i keep getting reminded of it. Has anyone seen Daehyun when he's doing an imitation of some real fast satoori talk? And then I look at Daehyun in my story and he's a delusional oddball (refer to beginning of chapter) oops?

Character introduced! a little, well maybe she got a few lines. First impressions?

Guessed any of the trainees? Did anyone catch our shipper's nonappearance?

LOL and yes, I just used B.A.P...I had no fancy guy group ideas forgive me...

Comments thank you and please!! If you guys ever have a kpop song or quote recommendation that relates to this story I keep trying to find song quotes for each chapter banner but I can't so I have to make them up ;_; I need some springy songs to listen to too haha