Idol Life & Ideal Types

I Dream

Previously...

"Are you really asking me why I like you?"

"Do you really mean it? You like me?"

"Yah, I'm not saying it again pabo-ya."


Inside the B.A.P van, on the way to the next schedule

"AH-wait-what are you doing!" Myungsoo shouted as the B.A.P van swerved from the left lane around a corner and down a small backstreet. It was one of the rare moments L lost his calm composure - being thrown against a window.

"Yes CEO-nim~we'll be there shortly," Sanghyun hyung called into his cell phone before hanging up. "Turn here! Here! You almost missed it!"

"Key word: almost," the sarcastic hyung replied, steering the van without a care while the rest of its occupants curled up in their seats.

"Where are we going?" Yongguk asked curiously, "We're not going to the Music Champion recording?"

"We can come later for that, CEO-nim finally got on good terms with the PDs of SBS. That means more variety offers for us!" Sanghyun exclaimed, having done all the math. "We're going to record a talk show today."

"Oh jolly," Sarcastic hyung rolled his eyes.

"Lighten up hyung, Hyunwoo brought his cards so you two can play while we wait."

"Hyunwoo-ssi is gonna be there?" Daehyun's ears perked up, and he leaned forward in his seat automatically as everyone else hung on for dear life.

"Yes," Sanghyun hyung eyed him in the rearview mirror, "why?"

"No reason," he sat back, smiling to himself, unaware of the five other boys who watched him curiously.

When their interest was gone, Woohyun elbowed his fellow vocalist in the ribs, "Something good happen? You're not thinking deeply anymore. And you're a fatass again."

Daehyun looked at the half-eaten bag of Spicy Kimchi Chips in his hand with a grin. He saved it for the next time he'd see Eunji, but it seems like that'd be earlier than expected.

"Well?"

It was all he could do to keep from exploding with fanboy giddiness. "Jung Eunji~" he whispered so only Woohyun and Myungsoo in the back seat with him could hear.

"Oh yeah, the other day you pulled her from my camera lecture," Myungsoo muttered under Hoya's loud rap music, "which was quite rude of you."

"Do...do you like her too, Myungsoo?"

"Ahahah..." Woohyun chuckled, "I was just kidding about that."

"And about Key?!"

"Uh...yeah...haha..."

"Nam Woohyun!" Daehyun exclaimed, his mouth hanging open. "That's okay. Only I like Eunji now."

Woohyun and Myungsoo shared a look as Daehyun drifted off into his own world looking out the van's dark-tinted windows. The fans had already heard the news and relocated from Music Champion! to the talk show station.

"Everybody out!" Sanghyun hyung rushed them inside, avoiding the grabbing of female fans and flying gift bags. "Thank you! Thank you! We can't accept them all right now!"

Sarcastic hyung grabbed a few bags but limited it to those few only and raced inside as well. He tossed them to the members, "Here, take them...all the work I have to do for you all..."

"You did way more with Big Bang, hyung," Sanghyun retorted.

"Is this B.A.P?" A suited woman walked over to them, expression unwelcoming. "I'm the PD of this show. Hurry on in."

The six boys were led down a dark hallway and emerged in a bright room, lit by the cameras and the set lights. Empty audience chairs were further off the set, not captured by the cameras.

"As you can see this is a recorded broadcast, so we'll just add in audience sound effects later," the PD seemed to have read the boys' minds. "Stand behind the cameras, we'll let you know when to enter."

The manager hyungs huddled up, and gave them a pep talk.

"So, this is recorded," Sanghyun hyung said, "you know what that means! Edits! Feel free to act yourself, because they'll be generous to cut the embarrassing parts, but not too wild, alright? They might cut it weird and get you into scandals."

"Do you all have a talent prepared to show off? Woohyun, Myungsoo? Zelo?" Sarcastic hyung looked around the circle.

"In! In!" The PD wagged a finger at them suddenly, and Yongguk led the way onto the lively set. The comedian MCs welcomed them...some a little harshly.

"Yaaah," one of them shook their head, "where's the girl group? I don't want them!"

"Is there a girl group coming too?"

"Yah, pay attention to our guests now!" Another laughed, finally introducing B.A.P.

After introductions and a little chitchat, an uproar started in the studio as one of the MCs spotted a group entering the set.

"Yaaaah!"

"Girl group!! Girl group!!"

Daehyun almost fell over in his chair too. He swallowed hard. Eunji...wow.

"Hello, we are Aura!" The quintet greeted before spreading themselves out in seats between the B.A.P members.

Daehyun made room for Eunji, an action that did not go unnoticed by the MCs.

"Daehyun-ssi, are you interested in her?" An MC pointed as Eunji sat down with a laugh, smoothing her white lace dress. She really did fit in to a girl group with the makeup on and all.

"No, it's not like that," the main vocalist waved a hand in denial.

"Sing a line to her," a second MC urged. "You did a nice imitation earlier, show her a talent."

Daehyun sighed inwardly as he prepared to sing. Welcome to showbiz, Jung Daehyun. Just play along.

"I lost my mind~" he stretched the last note, and stopped to the sound of applause.

"You lost your mind? That's the line you dedicated to your labelmate?" The MCs fell over in laughter. Daehyun didn't really know what was so funny but he went along with it.

Eunji laughed and clapped as well, kicking him under the table.

"Let's welcome the predebut Aura! Is this your first time on TV all together? Will you introduce yourselves so I can put a face to a name?"

Hyorin turned to the camera first and smiled, "Hello, I'm Aura's leader and lead vocalist, Hyorin!"

Ailee waved brightly, joking, "I'm Aura's English translator, Ailee!"

IU bowed her head slightly, "This is IU. Aura is the girl group I'll be debuting in, I hope you support us and give us lots of love."

Jiyeon shared her eye smile and repeated what IU said, "I'm the visual, Park Jiyeon, please give us lots of love!"

"And I'm the main vocalist Jung Eunji!"

After a brief discussion about her satoori, the topic moved on.

"So B.A.P must've seen a few female groups, am I right?"

The boys nodded, getting a feeling of where this was going.

"And you also have several hundred fans right? Well, the question they all wanna know the answer to is -"

"Ideal type! Starting with...Daehyun-ssi."

"Me?" Speechless at the sudden attention, his eyes flicked to Eunji, and the action was picked up by the MCs again.

"Daehyun-ssi! Why do you keep looking at her?"

Eunji kicked him.

He returned her kick, and then cleared his throat. "Uh...I like someone like Kim Yuna."

"Next, Eunji-ssi? There were rumors of you and your partner dating."

"Ah, AJ-ssi? No, we're nothing like that," she smiled dismissively. "My ideal type is...someone cool and quiet, like Myungsoo-ssi."

Knowing he'd be caught if he so much glared at her, Daehyun resorted to kicking her again twice.
 


Seoul Performing Arts Academy, dance practice room

"Partner up, this week's dance is - you got it - co-ed couples," Hyuna paced around the room with hurried steps. "Read the instructions, I expect you all ready to perform at the end of the week."

The two teachers left to attend to their next class, leaving the idols and trainees to themselves as always.

"Jung Daehyun, be my partner," Eunji plopped down on the dance floor next to Daehyun, who snorted.

"Maybe you should partner with Myungsoo, your ideal type," he turned away, clearly still sore over the subject.

"Yah, I wasn't trying to end up like you," she crossed her arms. "Mr. I-Keep-Looking-At-My-Labelmate!"

"My girlfriend," he corrected with a mutter.

"Is that how it is?" she smirked, standing. "Should I just go partner with Myungsoo then, if my boyfriend suggests it?"

"No!" he blurted. "I mean, I don't care. I don't have a partner or anything, so I'm free too..."

"Pabo," she ruffled his hair, settling down on the wood floor again. "You shouldn't act so obvious on broadcasts."

"What do you mean?" he raised a brow innocently, and she was about to reply when Woohyun came over with Ailee in tow.

"Hey! Are you two partners?" Ailee clapped excitedly, "Wah! Busan couple! Like at that talk show recording! Daehyun, why were you looking at her so much?"

"Just..."

"Is it because you guys are real close?"

"...yeah, something like that."

"Ooh Eunji-ya, do you know who Daehyun really likes?"

"Let's go get a private practice room," Woohyun chuckled at the perky girl. "What song should we-"

"Beyonce! Beyonce!"

Eunji and Daehyun exchanged looks before bursting out in laughter at the same time.

"Ppali Daehyun, let's go get a private room too," she jerked her chin towards the door.

In the hallway, there was already a murmuring crowd early in the morning. The hall traffic was getting normal nowadays.

"We got it first," Jiyeon was arguing with the Jung sisters.

"We signed up last week!"

"Just because you're special kids-!" Suzy refused to budge from her place beside the siblings.

"You think we get any privileges?"

"Suzy, calm down-" Ilhoon barged into the scene quickly.

"You don't tell me to calm down!" she got more annoyed at the sight of him, "And don't talk to me!"

"Why not?" he insisted, following after an enraged class president.

"What do I do? Jung Ilhoon's my partner," IU huffed, storming off as well.

"Kikwang, tell them we need the practice rooms more," Jiyeon looked to her partner for help.

"Jiyeon, maybe we should just-"

"Uh, no. We need them too," Jessica crossed her arms. Krystal jumped to defend her practice room too.

"What's the difference? We're all students here."

"The difference," the cat-eyed girl retorted, "is that I started my career. I need to practice."

"You're not helping," Eunji pushed aside some students, stepping in. "Just shut up."

Jiyeon's jaw clamped shut tightly as she resorted to shooting lasers out of her eyes.

"What's going on?" Woohyun, Ailee, and Daehyun followed closely behind.

"I refuse to work with you," Jessica wagged a french-tipped finger in Jiyeon's direction but looked at all the trainees. "My mother will be hearing about this."

"So will mine," Jiyeon replied, rolling her eyes.

"About what?" Jonghoon-teacher broke through the crowd to regulate the noise.

"Jonghoon-teacher..." breathless whispers went through the crowd.

"Uh..." Jessica was pulled back into the crowd by her younger sister, who whispered sharply, "That's Choi Jonghoon! Don't mess yourself up!"

"What happened, Jiyeon?" Jonghoon asked the senior, whose face clouded as soon as she saw him.

"Nothing," she snapped, and pulled Kikwang away. "I'll just go practice somewhere else."

The crowd dispersed one by one, until only Daehyun, Ailee, Woohyun, and Eunji were left.

"Looks like we won't be getting along anytime soon," Jonghoon ruffled his hair as he looked around.
 


Seoul Performing Arts Academy, teachers' office

"For the thousandth time! What," a chair was pushed forcefully into its place under the oak knee-hole desk, "has happened while I was at the meeting? You all still can't keep anything under control?"

"Headmaster," Jae Suk placed a hand on her back, handing her a bottle of pills, "rest a bit."

"I raised this school up from nothing! I can't rest knowing the students in this school are chaotic like this!"

"What are you going to do, Headmaster...?" Jaejoong observed the old woman's expression. She was about to propose something they wouldn't like.

"A field trip. For the whole senior class."

"The senior class? They won't even sit by each other anymore..." Ji Hyo frowned.

"They will. All of you are in charge of this mandatory trip. Make them work."
 


Seoul Performing Arts Academy, room 3A

"Hayi, hi," Eunji was quite surprised to see the maknae still hanging around the empty classroom after finishing up private lessons.

"Oh - unnie, hi..." she looked startled, "I haven't seen you in a while."

"Yeah. What are you doing here still?"

"I'm meeting someone..."

"Oh? Who? Hayi, do you have a boyfriend you're not telling me about? Is it someone I know?"

Her face turned pink instantly, "A-aniyo! Unnie, I'm too young to have a boyfriend!"

"...who knows," Eunji shrugged, and raised a hand, "bye, Hayi!"


On her way out the front entrance she spotted Kikwang turning into the classroom.

She had half a mind to turn back to remind him about the interview tonight, but Daehyun was already waiting outside the gates for her as usual.

"Boo!" he tackled her from behind, nearly toppling her over. He squeezed her until she started to gasp for air.

"Yah!"

"Did I scare you?"

"No," she punched him, "try harder."

"It's so hot," he changed the subject as they walked along the sunny sidewalk.

Summer arrived before they knew it. There were about 8 months left until graduation, and then it'd be all work, like Sanghyun hyung said. The idol life was catching up to all the student idols. Woohyun, Myungsoo, and Zelo especially, their eye bags seemed to be permanent now.


"Aura'll be debuting at the end of the year so we have to practice more," she sighed deeply at the thought.

"Hey, you're still wearing the ring," he noticed the golden glimmer half-hidden by her uniform top. "Aigoo Eunji, since when did you wear jewelry?"

"Shut up," she tucked it fully inside her shirt as they entered the apartment.

"You know you're the best, right?" he grinned at her mischievously, and she narrowed her eyes.

"What're you planning Jung-"

"Get some exercise, fatass!" he raced for the elevator and jabbed at the "door shut" button before she could register what was going on.

"Who's the fatass..." she muttered as she flew up the stairs two steps at a time, "YAH! JUNG DAE HYUN!"
 


Today's banner quote is from Together from the Dream High 2 OST! It's sung by JB and Jiyeon c: Dream High was one of my first dramas ahaha but Dream High 2 was a bit of a let down for me...

Ah, who are you most like? 


Sarcastic-hyung? Cheerful Ailee? Calm leader Hyorin? Exploding Jiyeon? Matchmaker Woohyun? Secretly Crazy Myungsoo? Fatass Daehyun? etc etc I swear I can make nail polish colors with these names

[In Front of the Scenes with: Jung Daehyun and Jung Eunji]

while the MCs made fun of everyone (and while kicking eachother under the table):







Feel free to comment and subscribe please! and thank you if you have!!