Truth

I Dream

Previously...

"Daehyun-ssi! Why do you keep looking at her?"

"Ooh Eunji-ya, do you know who Daehyun really likes?"

"I refuse to work with you."

"Oh they will. All of you are in charge of this mandatory trip. Make them work."

"Oh? Who? Hayi, do you have a boyfriend you're not telling me about? Is it someone I know?"

 


Music Champion!, backstage

Just like Daehyun predicted, a month passed by quietly, and he hoped it would stay that way. It was now towards the end of July and promotions for both B.A.P and Troublemaker.

He was glad too, because he couldn't take it dancing and sweating on stage in the crowded buildings, and he definately couldn't take it watching Eunji and Kikwang basically strip down every stage in their summer performing outfits. At least he became Eunji's full time dance partner at school, and she let him call the shots.


Relationships in the team had grown too; Daehyun was closer with Yongguk hyung, whom he'd recorded a collab song "I Remember" for Sound Entertainment's collaboration album in the making. Woohyun seemed to have warmed up to Hoya, getting dance tips from him every now and then. Even Zelo was now pranking his hyungs and sometimes pissing them off, but what could they do? He was the adorable maknae.

In summary, things were a-ok on this side of the river.

"Hey, where's Eunji?" he approached "AJ" at Music Champion!'s backstage viewing area. His partner was nowhere in sight.

AJ's expression was far from pleased to see him. "Let's talk."

"Talk about what? We've already talked."

"Let's go into the makeup room."

Daehyun glanced at s, who had their attention on the Troublemaker boy. "Let's stay here."

"Fine," he shrugged. "I told you before, don't distract Eunji. What exactly are you two up to?"

"How do you know it's me?"

"I met with Hayi. She tells me things."

Daehyun snorted, "And how much did you pay her?"

"She's not a scholarship student like you, nice try," Kikwang placed his hands on the vocalist's shoulders and shoved him backwards lightly. To the other idols and managers around them, it looked like they were have a playful conversation, but no...

"Hey," Woohyun stood immediately, moving beside Daehyun in case something happened.

"So what's the point of this pleasant meeting?" Daehyun's tone dripped with sarcasm as he stepped forward.

"I know there's something with you two, she just won't tell me," Kikwang narrowed his eyes and cocked his head.

"So, what, you think I'm gonna tell you?"

"No, I don't expect that outta you. I just wanted to remind you that she's still marrying me after promotions are over."

Daehyun's fists clenched.

Okay, so maybe he—was the only one that actually defined their relationship—hasn't offically asked her out. But the thought of Eunji being with someone else, laughing with someone else, punching someone else...he didn't know when he started getting possessive but he didn't hesitate to admit he was.

"No she's not," he managed a twitchy smirk, raising a challenging eyebrow, "Eunji doesn't like you."

"What did you say?"

"Cool it!" Woohyun quickly barged in between them when Kikwang's fist shot up in the blink of an eye. He looked between the two boys, watching for a flinch. If Daehyun threw a punch, he'd be in deep trouble. Not only was Kikwang on a special solo trainee contract but he was also the son of the Lee family. 

"Woohyun, I'm sorry but get out," the main vocalist jerked his chin, and his hyung hesitantly let go of Kikwang. "Kikwang-ssi, I think you know my feelings towards her...so back off."

"Back off?" Kikwang laughed incredulously. "You think I care about your feelings?"

"You care about Eunji's?"

"What does that even have to do with-"

"Do you know the reason she hates you? The reason why she didn't talk to you?"

"..." Kikwang's fist clenched and unclenched as his jaw tightened, and Daehyun knew he hit a nerve.

Truthfully Kikwang knew deep down that the explanation she'd given him last dinner party wasn't the whole truth.

"Because you broke her heart and you don't even know it."

Daehyun summarized the night Eunji caught him and Jiyeon in action and fled to a park where he met her outside school for the first time.

"And that's why," he concluded, "you should leave us alone."

"So you're an 'us'," Kikwang murmured, not meeting his eyes. He uncrumpled a piece of paper from his backpack - Daehyun caught the word "composition" - and recrumpled it before returning it to its place.
Woohyun, Yongguk, and Hoya, who'd been ready to jump in at the sign of a fight, relaxed.

"Sorry I'm late - is...is everything okay?" Eunji appeared at that moment, racing up the stairs to see her two closest friends in a staredown.

Daehyun returned to his seat with a nod as they called Troublemaker out to the stage.

It wasn't that he hated Kikwang or anything. No, he'd even hate himself if he, Jung Daehyun, was the reason Eunji cried.

 


The Lee Estate, Seoul

"So," a paper floated to its place in a neat pile on the top left corner of the cherry desk, "get on with it, I don't have all day."

The teenage boy swallowed slowly and spoke, "Let's call it off. The marriage, I'm not doing it."

A ballpoint pen was set down perfectly parallel to the papers.

"So after all that time you spent 'thinking', your final descision is...no?"

"No," he nodded.

"No," Lee Byung Hun locked his fingers together in front of him on the desk. "And why not?"

His son shrugged, "She doesn't wanna marry me."

"Did you miss the part where I told you her opinion doesn't matter?"

"No, sir."

The executive's face had become rigid. It had always been rigid, ever since a year ago when the accident happened. Kikwang knew something was wrong, something more than a simple car crash had happened to Eunji's parents.

"Son, we have little time until she turns 18 and is out of our grasp."

"Well, what can we do?" Kikwang shot back, "Why do you want the marriage so much? Is she that perfect of a daughter-in-law? Aren't there about a million other girls?"

"There are..." Mr. Lee's frown deepened, "things we cannot tell you. I won't cancel it, so bring her to the next dinner. If you'll excuse me."

The boy was left alone in the office room as his father exited past him, and the door clicked into place.

Actually, Eunji hates my guts because of childish reasons your businessman self won't understand, dad, he imagined himself explaining as he walked around the room. It's my fault.

How stupid of him. All along he thought the composition was something else. Now he realized she was trying to say she was over him.

Kikwang stopped at a photo frame on his father's bookshelf among all the law textbooks and business paperwork. He carefully undid the frame and removed the picture.

The Jungs and the Lees stood side by side, oldest in the back, youngest in the front. Eunji was making herself comfortable next to him, hooking her arm in his as he held his favorite soccer ball.

Soccer. He still thought about it everyday, what would happen had he won his last game and gotten scouted for a scholarship.


Would Eunji still be next to him, arms around his?

He flipped over the photo after seeing bold red marker on the backside.

[JUNG YOON JAE AND JUNG JUN HEE, CHEST WOUNDS]

 



WhoOaAhH wait what does this mean?! The Jungs died in a car accident!!!1!1! You'll just have to wait and seeee.

But I think this was where my original story plot started like I didn't plan for there to be 14 Daeji-ish chapters oops;; the original plot bunny starts now >:)

Anyways I'm so so so sorry for letting this story die for a while!

[I took the poll off, thanks for voting!!]

Please leave a comment! Have a nice week!