Jeju

I Dream

Previously...

"Do you know the reason she hates you? The reason why she didn't talk to you?"

"Son, we have little time until she turns 18 and is out of our grasp."

 


MBC Music Champion!, onstage

Ribbons, glitter, and balloons were released from the upper area of the stage as B.A.P and Troublemaker bowed for the last time until next promotions. All the artists onstage pretended to be close and clapped as they stood there until the camera's lights dimmed and the PD waved at them to go.


"My cheeks hurt so much," a female idol patted her face.

"You were smiling the whole time unnie," another piped up, "next time just avoid the cameras and you won't have to react as much. I saw that one unnie pick her nose right before the camera swept over her!"

"Speaking of nose, should I go in to fill my nose again? The surgeon said I had to wait a year but..."

"Ew just get it done! It's so droopy!"

Eunji was lost among all the girls backstage until a hand gripped the back of her shirt collar tightly and fished her out of the crowd.

Daehyun was waiting behind an old speaker set backstage. "Good morning!"

"Excuse me, creepy stalker ahjussi," she yawned, swatting his head away. "It's only about 3:30 in the morning, I need to get some sleep for school..."

"Oh right, I forgot today's Sunday."

"Technically Monday."

"Technically I don't care."

He followed her out into the cool dark morning streets slowly getting noisy with departing idols.

"Oh yeah, did you say something weird to Kikwang the other day? He's been avoiding me at all costs."

He remember the conversation he had not too long ago. "...it's probably just the sleep catching up to him..."

 


Seoul Performing Arts Academy, room 3A

"For your efforts you all get to go on a nice relaxing field trip," Lee Joon passed out a checklist before class ended. "Pack up, we're leaving tomorrow."

"Tomorrow? What about our jobs?" Hyorin raised a hand.

"You guys aren't supposed to have...oh right, this is the advanced class. We did our best to plan around your schedules. None of you have promotions right now, right?"

Promotions already stopped for every group and subunit. Only Ilhoon and Kikwang, who returned to being a "solo trainee", weren't concerned with their schedules.

Lee Joon clapped his hands together as the bell rang, "Well, tell your managers just in case!"

 


Sound Entertainment, dance practice room

"Is that so? We never got a call," Sanghyun hyung pursed his lips as he looked to Hyunwoo and the sarcastic hyung after practice.

"Park CEO planned a collaboration album," Hyunwoo excitedly read off his smartphone's calendar, "and after that there'll be a company concert for the end of the year, around Gayo Daejun time."

"I guess they could have a break for one weekend," Sanghyun said hesitantly.

"Let 'em go," sarcastic-hyung waved a hand. "The public's also wondering what exactly it is they're learning."

The students exhaled as the managers gave them the ok to go on the MT. 

"Hyorin unnie are you coming with us this time?" Eunji grinned at her leader, winking at Ailee to tug on her arm as well. "You skipped out on Hongdae last time!"

"That..." realizing she couldn't refuse the pleading dongsaengs, Hyorin sighed, "fine, I'll go."

The two girls cheered.

"Please," Jiyeon made a face, "if they think they can make me go on a dirty field trip...camping in the wilderness..."

"Skipping?" IU asked her. Over the course of visiting Troublemaker promotions, Jiyeon and IU had become closer than the other Aura members.

"You can't skip actually," the oldest Yongguk informed from his place cross-legged on the dance floor. He spun his cap on his finger as he continued, "it's counted as missing the school day if you skip. I had to go last year."

"Which is why we better see good media coverage about all of you on the trip!" Hyunwoo nodded, "If the press catch up to you, smile! Don't do anything that looks remotely attitude-y!"

"The press is tagging along?" Jiyeon's expression scrunched further.

"It's the press," IU nodded, speaking from experience, "they're allowed even where they aren't allowed."

"That doesn't make sense..." Ailee frowned in confusion.

 


Jeju International Airport, Jeju Island

"Fifty-two, fifty-three..." Jaejoong's eyes followed as the last student leaped out of the plane, and he made a huge checkmark across the whole attendance list. "Fifty-four, all accounted for! No one skipped!"

"They better not," Jong Kook muttered under his breath. 

"You've been moody lately," Ji Hyo elbowed the teacher as they made their way into the waiting area.

"Yah, this trip is just for you! You get to be bossy to your heart's desire!" Jae Suk joined in as he retrieved his luggage.

"Jeju-do!!" Yoseob cried up ahead, punching the air excitedly as he leaped past the airport's glass double doors.

"Yang Yoseob, get your luggage!" Suzy shouted from the baggage claim area.

"Arasseo!!"

"Jeju-do!" Daehyun inhaled the ocean air, accompanied with just the right amount of sun.

Woohyun kept trying to get s to do a victory dance with him as some fans showed up to capture their arrival. "Junhong! Myungsoo! Nam Woohyun's party time~!"

"Hyung!" Myungsoo turned away in embarrasment as shook his arms awkwardly, cracking Junhong up.

"Wow, they think they're so famous," some regular students passed by. "They're so fake!"

"Those aren't our classmates, reporter-ssi!"

"Aigoo..." Woohyun rubbed his head unsurely, "the regular class still doesn't like us."

"Ignore them," Myungsoo got busy on his camera the instant he stepped foot off the plane.

"Easy for you to say! You're the good-looking one, no one bothers you."

"No one bothers Junhong or Daehyun either."

"Junhong's the lovable maknae! And Daehyun's—not even here right now!"

Elsewhere near the entrance of the airport, Daehyun flicked Eunji in the forehead, hard. "Haha! I told you I'd win!"

"Yah! Shouldn't you be nicer to me?"

"Wae?"

"Because I'm your girlfriend."

"Yes you are," he beamed, holding the exit door open for her. He had scrambled to get the spot next to her on the plane but it was taken by Ailee, so he resolved to make up for it by sticking to her the rest of the trip. Not that he wasn't planning on doing that already.

"Students, students!" Jong Kook-teacher bellowed, clapping his hands together twice when the kids gathered on the sidewalk outside the airport. "Are we here to play?"

The seniors cheered and whooped.

"Think again!" Jong Kook's firm shake of the head stunned them into silence. "This isn't a regular field trip! This is work!"

The kids were all stunned into silence.

"With that, we've divided you all into teams." There were groans and protests as Hyuna read off her list of groups. "No complaining! Work doubles if I hear another whimper!"

"I'm not complaining!" Hayi cheered as she came over to join Eunji in the red team.

"Hayi! You're here too?"

"Un!" Hayi nodded and hooked her arm in her unnie's, "Who are our other teammates?"

Eunji looked at the faces in her team: Kikwang, Myungsoo, Doojoon, Hayi, and Hara.

"Kikwang, my man!" Doojoon clapped his friend on the back, "Glad it's you."

Daehyun and Ilhoon were being left out by Suzy and her friends, Jiyeon sulked while Woohyun lingered around another team, and Ailee and Hyorin were cheering up an ignored Junhong while their own group walked up ahead.

"At least our group isn't like the others," Hara agreed.

 


Cabin area of the beachside camp, Jeju Island

"Open up!" There was a loud pounding on the door of one of the girls' cabins.

"Wanna bet on who it is?" Eunji muttered, and Hayi giggled at the pair as she watched her unnie punch Daehyun as soon as she opened the door.

"Ow! How can you stay in when the weather's this great?" he took her hand and yanked her outside, "Let's go to the beach before dinner!"

"We're in Jeju! There's no way I'm staying in the cabin!" Woohyun snickered, waving to the maknae. "Hayi, come on!"

Even down at the beach there was a commotion. Two people were hurling insults at each other, and a small crowd of spectators had gathered around. It wasn't anything new.

"You don't own this place!" Suzy stepped right up to Jiyeon's face, "Ever since you became famous—"

"Oh not the idol thing again!" Aura's visual rolled her eyes. "Idols this, idols that, you're all obsessed with us!"

"It's Jiyeon again," Hayi frowned as they came closer. "Honestly, wherever there's a fight, she's nearby!"

"Jiyeon, cool it," Hara and Doojoon had already reached the crowd, trying to resolve things calmly.

"Stop," IU held an arm out in front of Jiyeon as she tried to break away from the two of them.

The crowd attracted a few young Jeju teens, who knew took out their phones to snap pictures and text friends. Some paparazzi was also there, watching through their cameras.

"Fix your expressions. Turn away," IU advised, and the idols listened to her, walking back towards the dining hall as the alerted teachers hurried down to the shore to scold the regular kids.

Once the mess at the shore was cleared, everyone was escorted to the dining hall sitting separated in their teams.

"Dinner time!" Jong Kook exclaimed from his place on one of the front tables, holding a megaphone. He spoke into it as the cheers got loud, "Just kidding. You'll have to work for that."

"Waaaae!"

"Teams red through yellow follow Hyunseung, Jonghoon, and Jaejoong down to the shore. The others will come with us to the woods."

The teams obeyed; girls whispered of how lucky they were to be with the "eye candy" teachers.

"After untangling your nets please board your boat!" Jonghoon directed, "Yellow team here please!"

Red team followed Jaejoong-teacher onto a small boat while the other teams boarded a bigger ship together. He spoke along the ride out to the ocean, demonstrating how to use a fish net. "When we stop, throw your net over the side of the boat like so. We'll be out here until after dark, so the more fish you catch, the more we can eat!"

"You mean you didn't make dinner for us?" Doojoon's eyes widened.

"What kind of teachers do you think we are? Culinary teachers?" Jaejoong shook his head. 

 


The orange/yellow team boat, Jeju Island

"We're fishing with poles!" Jonghoon and Hyunseung-teacher passed out ordinary wooden poles to each of the students.

"Why didn't we get a net?" Jiyeon snatched a pole when it was offered to her.

"We didn't have enough," Hyunseung explained. "So since we're on the bigger boat, we get the poles while the small boat gets the nets."

"Cheap," the girl let her pole fall to the deck floor. At her uncooperative attitude, Jonghoon picked it up and followed her away from the other students.

"Can't you something at least? Not just sit here?" he tossed the pole at her with a withering glare no student ever caught. "You're not the only one eating dinner tonight."

"So what?" she snapped, but Jonghoon already left. After a few minutes of debating in her mind, she picked up the pole and went to find a place to throw it.

"Ow!" a piece of her hair was pulled backwards, and she reached back to untangle a fishing hook from her hair. "Do you wanna die?!"

"Sorry!" Jung Daehyun called an apology over his shoulder and rethrew his line appropriately. Around him, Hyorin, Ailee, and Zelo were messing around with each other.

Hyorin noticed her watching them for a while. "Do you need something?"

"Me? Yeah...teach me how to throw that thing again."

"You mean the fishing line?" Woohyun and Ilhoon joined them.

"Who doesn't know how to throw a-" Ilhoon started but was cut off by Hyorin.

"Don't be a jerk, Ilhoon," the leader smiled at Jiyeon and waved her over. "It's easy! Come here!"

The others watched curiously as Hyorin moved Jiyeon's pole backwards and instructed her to throw.


"Yah, what happened to her? Why is she asking us for help?" Woohyun said.

"No idea," Zelo chimed in, surprised.
 


The red team boat, Jeju Island

"Reel in your nets now, I'll be coming around to help!" Jaejoong stood. "Please be careful when hauling your nets over!"

Eunji yawned, pulling on her net. It seemed to have gained several tons. "Whoa!"

"Are you okay?" Myungsoo who'd been sitting next to her helped her off the wet deck floor. "Wow, yours is heavy."

"Kim-teacher, over here!!" she shouted as she pulled the net halfway up. However, one of the ropes pulled backwards into the ocean, yanking her off-balance and over the side of the boat.

"Careful!" a hand gripped her lifejacket tightly, almost suffocating her as she was steadied on the deck again.

"Ah," she said as she pulled her haul over slowly, "Kikwang. Yah, perfect timing! We need to talk!"

"About what?" he shifted his eyes away from her.

"Don't tell me you haven't been trying to avoid talking to me! See, you're doing it right now!"

"That...let's talk some other time," he hurried to hand his net over to the teacher, leaving Eunji's jaw wide open.

"Doojoon, Hara, have you noticed Kikwang being weird lately?" she turned to his friends, who shook their heads after some thought.

"That guy..." she narrowed her eyes.

 



and thus concludes the chapter! btw B.A.P and Infinite had their comeback, next up is B2ST! Hehe excited?

I'll still try my best to update here too! Stay tuned for more of Jeju Island boot camp!