Part Two

Bom's Bed Time Story

“Ah, I know where to start! It started in high school…” Minzy started as Bom attentively listened and made notes. “In high school I was the captain of the dance team. I don’t mean to brag or anything, but I was pretty hot stuff I must add,” Minzy nodded.

Bom nodded her head saying, “You still are, hot momma!”

Minzy smiled at her daughter and continues saying, “Well yes I was the hot momma at school. It was me and…Billy. Billy was the team captain of the basketball team. Everyone thought that we belonged together, because we were the all-stars in the school. Billy and I dated all throughout high school. We were treated and thought of as the power couple. I felt like I was on top of the world, living the teenage dream. I was one of the most popular girls in high school and I had the most popular guy as my boyfriend."Minzy looked off into space saying, “He was so good to me! He always made me feel like I was a princess! He would me to class while carrying my books and when we reached my classes he would give me a kiss on the cheek! When it was time for lunch he would carry my lunch tray to our own lunch table and brag about how lucky he was to have the most beautiful girl as his girlfriend!” Minzy then looked back at Bom saying, “But…”

“But what,” Bom asked. “But what mommy!”

“But things changed when we became seniors. When we came back from our summer break Billy seemed different,” Minzy said.

“How mom, how did he sound different,” Bom asked.

Minzy shrugged her shoulders saying, “I can’t really describe it, but I knew there was something different about him. But I brushed it off and didn’t pay much attention to those weird feelings.” Minzy then looked at her daughter saying, “Home coming was coming up and everyone knew that me and Billy would become the king and queen. As homecoming started creeping up, Billy started to change, he become indifferent and cold towards me. I told my best friend from the dance team about it and she suggested that it was because he was getting nervous. I agreed with her and used that as his excuse for him treating me so. But then he got worse during the week of homecoming. I asked him what was wrong and he would blow me off. I remember during that week I asked him if we were going to homecoming together and he yelled at me. He told me that of course we would who else would he ask and stormed off.”

“What was wrong with him,” Bom asked.

“Well homecoming came and when we got there he told me he had to go to the restroom. He left and I stayed in the school gym talking to various friends. He took a long time and I started to get worried. The principle went to the microphone and started to announce royalty. I looked around the gym to see if he came in, but there was no sign of him. So I walked to the restrooms to see if he was okay,” Minzy stopped and didn’t want to continue.

Bom lightly nudged Minzy saying, “And…”

Minzy sighed saying, “And…I found him. He was making out with my best friend from the dance team. I stood there shocked and didn’t say word. They didn’t notice me there and he pulled away from her saying that he loved her and wanted to be with her. Blah blah…all that lovey dovey nonsense and said that he couldn’t be with her because everyone liked me! In other words, our relationship was only for show. When he said those words I walked away. They heard my shoes and Billy came after me. He tried to explain, but I kept pushing him away. He held my arm to make me stay and apologized that I had to hear it that way.” Minzy took a deep breath saying, “He then explained that he and my best friend had been secretly dating for a while. When he said that, I slapped him across the face. We heard people gasp and then noticed we had the entire school see what had happened. My so called best friend tried to explain and guess what I did.”

“What did you do,” Bom said with wide eyes.

“I slapped her across her face too and said that she was the worst best friend anyone could ever have. I then stormed out the school and drove off,” Minzy said shaking her head.

“Whoa! What happened to them,” Bom asked.

“Well sweetie, everyone shunned them. His basketball team and our dance team lost respect for the both of them. Everyone then found out that my ex best friend had become pregnant from Billy. They both had to drop out of school! My ex best friend felt too ashamed to come to school with a pregnant belly and Billy had to work to support her. I was so hurt when I found out that she was pregnant. To know that your boyfriend of three years was cheating on you with your supposed best friend and then your best friend is pregnant by him. That experience took a long time to get over,” Minzy said frowning.

Bom scribbled onto her notebook and said, “Well then Billy DEFINITELY can’t be my daddy! Unless…unless I have a half sister or brother you haven’t told me about!”

Minzy laughed saying, “Well you just have to wait and see!”

 

Author's Notes: I couldn't help but laugh at how dramatic I write sometimes, haha. By the way I at making up names as well, so bare with me on that.