Final-I Love You, Kim Myungsoo

Stumbled On You

I'm sitting on a bench in my new college campus. My books are piled in my lap and my eyes are closed, just soaking up the sun. How long has it been? I wonder, since that day. I attend Seoul University now. My grades were always good, but this wasn't exactly my ideal first choice. I wonder if I had stayed in America, if I could have gone to Julliard. I smile to myself, nah, who needs Julliard. If I had never come back I would have never met him. 

A light spring breeze grazes my face and dances through the green-leaved trees. Summer is well on its way. I'm not sure how much I could say I've changed. My legs are a little longer, I look a little older. After Myungsoo went to Japan, it seemed it was all over. We pulled through the first few months, managing a call or two each week, I'd send him a text every now and then. But, like all good things, it didn't last. We called each other fewer and fewer times until we didn't call at all. Everytime I opened the mailbox I expected something, a package, a letter, but nothing ever came. Just like this, it seems it all came to an end. 

I didn't forget, though. I still see him on TV, and i wonder if behind that casual fake smile of his if he's tired, or if he's lonely, or if he misses me like I miss him. Sungjong looks like he's doing well, so do the others. I can't say Myungsoo looks like he's doing badly, but you can never tell with him. 

I open my eyes and see the vast open sky. Are you out there too? I ask no one, are you looking at the same sky?

"Are you spacing out again?" 

I look up, shocked by the sudden use of English. My best friend Kat, greets me with a smile. After graduating Woollim, Kat decided out of the blue she wanted to come abroad as an exchange student. Her dream is to become a veterinarian, so I'm not sure why she chose this university, but she did. Her Korean has improved, but she still prefers English. 

"Hey," I reply in English, standing up. Kat is dressed in slimming jeans and a fashionable lacey top. Her long, almost shampoo-model perfect red hair burns like fire in the sunlight. "You should really try to speak in Korean," I tell her, and start to walk to our next class. 

"I don't need to speak with everyone," she protests, "I came for you!"

"What if there's a really, I mean really cute guy one day who wants to talk to you?"

Kat looks thoughtful a minute, bites her lip, then release it with a 'pop'. "I know!" she squeals, "We'll communicate through," She runs a hand down her body and does a body wave, "body language!"

I shake my head and laugh. 

Kat and I attend our classes, where she takes notes feverishly, and I just sit and listen. The professor drones on and on, but my thoughts begin to wander. Memories flash before my eyes, a kiss in the dark, skipping classes, sunshine and music. Everything I see is associated with him. My eyes fall on a book.

"What are you reading?" Myungsoo leaned over and tried to look at my book, taking a chunky bite out of a pure red apple. 

"Nothing!" I cheered and shoved him off.

I miss him. 

After class Kat tells me to wait a minute in the lecture hall. I agree, and sit on a desk while I wait for her return. I check my watch after what seems like forever, how long is she going to take? She probably forgot about me. With a sigh I stand up and head back towards our dorm. I reach our room, and get my keys out of my purse to open the door. The locks click and I turn the knob. A shadowed figure stands in front of our window, all the lights are out. 

"Hello?" I ask, trying to lean to see the person's face without having to approach them. I step inside and flip the light on. 

The figure turns around. 

clack. 

My books hit the floor, scattering, pages bending and breaking. "M-m..." I can't even get the words out. I promised to wait, and I did, what have I got to hide? But honestly, after all this time, I stopped expecting him to return. I stopped waiting. As if he would know I did, I can't say a word. 

"Long time no see." Myungsoo smiles and my heart skips a beat. Not even that, it stops beating all together. He walks towards me and stops just inches away. His hand slips into mine and I can't believe this is real, I must be dreaming. 

"H-how are you..." I stutter.

"Here?" he asks. I nod. "Kat let me in." he says. So that's why she didn't show up, she had to sneak him in, I think, a smile spreading across my lips. "I missed you." Myungsoo leans in, bending down to reach my height. His lips graze mine, and I throw my arms around him and press my lips into his. For a solid two minutes we don't break apart, getting our fill of each other is the most important thing right now. We've been starved for so long, waiting, wondering, missing each other. When at last we part he presses his forehead into mine and I stare into his brown eyes. No one has eyes like that. He was worth the wait. 

"Are you here to stay this time?" I ask, nervousness pounding in my chest. 

"I am."

I have to remind myself to breathe. Is this really happening? 

"One more thing..." Myungsoo pulls a little black box out of his pocket and hands it to me. My heart pounds in my chest, and I slowly open it.

Inside is a little slip of paper, like the onesthat come out of fortune cookies. It says "Marry Me?"

"I was thinking we could get the rings together?" Myungsoo smiles shyly. His real smile. His smile that I love. 

"You have to answer me you know...that's kind of the point of 'popping the question'." He says. I engulf him in a huge hug. 

"I love you." I whisper.

"I love you." He whispers back.

-----

THE END!

So that was one heck of a ride. I really did expect this to be longer but I guess I'm just not commited! To all my beloved readers I thank you for coming this far with me and reading all my stories even when I didn't update them in FOREVER. 

Please comment and subscribe and check out my other stories! I LOVE YOU!

tumblr_m9qeqaqStV1rs97fco1_500.gif

 

tumblr_mkqesvkIq91rjtfmgo1_250.gif

tumblr_mkmat5Q4ae1rjtfmgo1_500.gifI love you!

tumblr_ltcaczx41F1qg1j9fo1_500.gif