Chapter 3

With All My Heart

 

When the bell had rung signaling the end of the school day, Hoya began packing up all of of his belongings into his backpack, occasionally taking sideway glances at Dongwoo who was doing the same. Dongwoo took his notebook and placed it inside his bag, along with the assignment they were given that Dongwoo hadn't touched at all during the lesson, and Hoya grimaced slightly at the way the paper crumpled and tore as it was stuffed carelessly inside the bag.

"Hey, Dongwoo-sshi," Hoya called and Dongwoo looked up from zipping his backpack. "You're heading home right?"

"Yeah, why?"

"Well, we've got to work on that project."

"Oh, right, right," Dongwoo waved his hand in a sort of manner that Hoya perceived as a 'yeah, whatever' and reopened his backpack to take out his notebook and a pencil. Dongwoo flipped to an empty page and scribbled something down before ripping it out on a strip of paper. "Here's my address," he informs and hands Hoya the paper. "Meet me in two hours."

Hoya furrows his eyebrows. "Can't I just, er, go with you to your house right now or something? Because we should really get started and-"

"I'll be busy," Dongwoo interjects flatly and places his things back in his bag, zipping it up and slinging it over his shoulder. "Two hours, got it?"

Dongwoo then makes his way out of the classroom with Hoya staring blankly after him.

"Hey, Sangchul and I will be heading to the apartment soon to work on the project. Are you going to Dongwoo's or..." Hoya feels an arm around his shoulder. "Uh, Howon-ah you're ruining the paper," he hears again and he's jolted out of his daze as he looks down at the piece of paper in his hand, now competely crushed in his fist.

"Something wrong?" Hoya recognizes the voice now as Woohyun's and turns his head to face him, only to find the other raising an eyebrow at him. Hoya groans and carefully tries to straighten the paper back.

"Dongwoo just gives me his address, tells me to come in two hours, and leaves. What the hell is that?"

"Did he at least give a reason?"

"Says he's busy," Hoya grumbles and continues to stare at the writing of some numbers and a street name barely legible with Dongwoo's handwriting.

"Then he's probably actually busy. Seriously, you're getting way too worked up over this."

Hoya sighs and runs a hand through his hair. "I just want to get this over with," he mumbles.

"Uh, Woohyun-sshi," they hear another voice, turning around to find Sangchul awkwardly standing behind them. "Um, when can we, uh, go?"

"Oh, sorry about that," Woohyun flashes a smile. "We can go right now if you're ready. And if you don't mind, Hoya will be hanging out with us for the next two hours while he's waiting for his partner." 

Sangchul smiles politely and nods but Hoya shakes his head. "But I don't want to intrude or anything so it's really okay if I don't—"

"Come on," Woohyun tugs on the younger's arm, dragging Hoya out of the classroom with Sangchul following behind.

"But really Hyun, I feel like I'll be a bother,Hoya continues to ramble as they exit the school gates. "And it's a big project so it wouldn't be a good idea if I sta"

"Howon," Woohyun digs a finger against the other's forehead. "Shut up please."

Hoya blinks and silences for a few seconds before breaking into laughter. "Sorry," he apologizes with a grin still on his face.

"And really, why are you even refusing?" Woohyun rolls his eyes. "Where the else are you going to go for the next two hours? Home? We live in the same apartment, babo."

~ ♦ ~

"Sorry if it's a mess," Woohyun says once they're all at the entrance to the apartment. "Howon doesn't really clean after himself well."

"I do!" Hoya defends and punches Woohyun's arm. "You're the one who leaves his dirty clothes all over the floor!"

Woohyun rubs at the sore spot on his arm and pouts. "I was just kidding..." he whines softly.

Hoya huffs and rolls his eyes as they all enter the small apartment, but eventually mutters a small "sorry" and rubs the spot on Woohyun's arm comfortingly.

Sangchul places a hand over his mouth to hide the small chuckle that escapes his lips.

"What?" Woohyun asks.

"Just... the way you two argue." Sangchul laughs a bit more before lowering his hand. "And just... you two. You're like a married couple."

Woohyun grins widely while Hoya's face flushes red and he rushes over to the living room, taking a seat as the other two follow and take out some books and papers out of their bag.

"Er, you know we're dating?" Hoya asks after a minute and Sangchul nods his head in response with a friendly smile.

"Yeah, Woohyun talks about you a lot. He's told me a lot of things about you."

Hoya raises an eyebrow. "Like what?"

"Just basics." Sangchul shrugs like it's not a big deal as he flips through his notes. "Like how you have a passion for dance, your love for hip-hop and the color purple, and your nickname."

"Nickname?" Hoya stares at Woohyun with a death glare, but he's only met with the side of his face as Woohyun refuses to meet his eyes. "What nickame?" Hoya then notices that little twitch in the corner of Woohyun's lips that means he's trying to keep himself from smiling.

"Yeah," Sangchul answers and his grin grows bigger. "Don't you know? Hobaby?"

"Oh my god." Hoya buries his face in his hands and he's pretty sure his face has turned tomato red. "Woohyun, you didn't."

"I did. Even told him I came up with it myself." Woohyun announces proudly and Hoya feels like punching him square in the face. "It's cute, right, Hobaby?"

Hoya punches his arm again instead.

 

Hoya and Sangchul become better acquainted with each other over the next two hours, chatting about various things while him and Woohyun work on their project. Coincidentally, Hoya finds that Sangchul is actually a good friend of Sungjong's, so Hoya takes this as a golden opportunity to dish out any of his secrets that he could possibly use to his advantage to get Sungyeol to do things for him in exchange for Sungjong's secrets.

After two hours are up, he grabs his things and waves the two goodbye, and Hoya's quite satisfied with the amount of things he had found out about Sungyeol's little crush (especially one about how Sungjong dances to girl group songs, and Hoya remembers to definitely use that one first). Before he could leave though, Woohyun runs over a 'do you have this, do you have that, remember to call me if something's up' lecture like an overprotective mother and Hoya answers to each that yes he has his textbook, yes he has his phone, yes he has the key to the apartment, and shoos Woohyun away so they could continue their assignment.

He exits the apartment and fishes the slip of paper out of his pocket. He recognizes the street name and finds that it's an okay distance, and decides he'll just walk there instead. As he gets nearer to the street, Hoya's imagining some grand family mansion complete with three, maybe five sports cars and a fountain at the front with a maid watering their plants and a butler at the doorstep.

What he doesn't expect to see is a small, one-story house, plain-looking and totally what Hoya wasn't imagining, but that's exactly what he sees in front of him when he reaches the address. His first thought is am I even at the right place? because surely, the son of top restaurant owners wouldn't be living in some average house. He makes his way to the doorstep and makes sure that yes, he's at the correct street, and yes, he's at house number 610 as he reads the address scrawled on the slip of paper about ten times before stuffing it back in his pocket with a sigh.

He hesitates a bit, finger hovering over the doorbell for a good thirty seconds before he finally pushes the damn thing and hears the ringing from inside the house. He doesn't realize he's holding his breath until he releases a relieved big puff of air when the door opens.

"Oh, you're here," Dongwoo says flatly when he sees him at the door and motions for him to come inside.

"Yeah, just like you asked," he replies simply and steps into the house, looking around at the interior, plain and simple, and Hoya's starting to question if Dongwoo really does come from a rich family.

He turns back around, turning his attention to the other, and suddenly notices that Dongwoo's shirt is inside-out, his zipper is down, his hair a bit disheveled, and there are dark patches on the side of his neck that seriously look like hickies and Hoya's positive he didn't see those two hours ago. Hoya's teeth grind together at the thought that the possible fact that the reason Dongwoo put him off for two hours was to some girl (or guy). 'I'll be busy', my .

"Beer?" Dongwoo offers and Hoya's face scrunches up.

"You're kidding, right?"

"I'll take that as a 'maybe later'."

Hoya scoffs. "We've got to get working. Seriously."

"Fine, fine," Dongwoo raises his hands in defense. "Then just head to my room. Through that hall, first door on the right. I'll just get us some cans of soda and I'll meet you there."

Hoya tenses a bit, because he knows Dongwoo's known to be a playboy and he won't exactly feel safe alone in a room with him.

"I know what you're thinking." Dongwoo says and Hoya's snapped out of his thoughts.

"What?"

"Afraid of being alone with me in the room. You think I'll force you into or something, am I right?"

Hoya stays silent, unknowing of what to say.

"Hm... figures. Everyone thinks that." Dongwoo clicks his tongue and smirks. "Don't worry. I don't it need it right now anyway."

Suddenly words flow back into Hoya's brain and a smirk grows on his face. "Yeah, I can tell."

"W-What?" Dongwoo asks, taken aback by his sudden comeback.

Hoya's smirk grows wider. "Fix your shirt and zip up your fly, will you? And you might want to cover up your neck for the rest of the week."

He catches a glimpse of Dongwoo's face as it flushes red before Hoya heads into the hallway, and the last thing he hears before entering the room is the sound of cloth shifting against skin and a zipper being pulled. 

 

The first thing that hits Hoya when he enters Dongwoo's room is the smell; at first there's a too-strong scent of a flowery-scented air freshener, but after a minute it mixes in with the smell of and Hoya's definitely not hesitant to go to the window and open it to air the room out. He decides that even if the bed looks somewhat clean, he thinks it'll be a better idea to just sit on the chair situated at Dongwoo's desk.

The tension in the room becomes painfully awkward as soon as Dongwoo enters with two cans of soda in hand, shirt fixed and pants zipper pulled up. Hoya took out his things without a word and Dongwoo sits on the edge of his bed, the only things heard being the sounds of Hoya's textbooks hitting the desk and cans of soda being placed on the table.

But in all honesty, Hoya doesn't regret saying what he said earlier because he needed to show that he wouldn't put up Dongwoo.

"Um, so," Hoya starts after a few minutes, clearing his thoat. "For the project, we'll have to make a big presentation filled with information on..." Hoya trails off once he looks up at Dongwoo. His elbow sits atop his knee and his chin rests on the palm of his hand, eyes staring intently at the screen of his phone.

"Seriously?" Hoya groans frustratingly and snatches the phone away.

"Hey, what the hell!" Dongwoo grabs for the phone but Hoya holds it out of reach.

"We really need to work on this! And I don't care if you like it or not because it really not going to help if-" Hoya suddenly remembers big, red F's, angry and written in so hard that the ink bleeds through to the backside of each paper. Dongwoo's papers. 

He sighs, deep and loud, throwing Dongwoo back his phone. "You know what, whatever." He decides that fighting with Dongwoo really isn't going to help anything, and the fact that Dongwoo wouldn't cooperate well plus his lack of knowledge wouldn't help one bit either. He's on a two-week schedule and he's stressed enough as it is, so for the next three hours Hoya's stuck working on the project by himself.

 


a/n: so basically about dongwoo so far is that he's a pretentious, playboy-ish jerk orz. it's pretty much going to be more yadong from here (but of course there's still going to be wooya fluff xD). 'til next update~! ^^