Chapter 2

With All My Heart

 

"Yah, Hoya." Woohyun waves a hand in front of the other's face, causing Hoya to jump slightly in his seat.

"Hm?"

"Uh, the lunch bell rang a minute ago."

The younger raised an eyebrow and looked around the room, seeing the class already emptied of the other students.

Except for one.

Hoya rolled his eyes at the still-sleeping Dongwoo in the desk beside him.

"You were spacing out a lot today," Woohyun mentions, placing Hoya's notebooks inside his backpack. "What's up?"

Hoya ran his fingers through his hair. "How the hell am I going to work with this guy?" he asked frustratingly, pointing a finger at Dongwoo.

Woohyun smiled, chuckling lightly, and ruffled the other's hair. "It's going to be fine, Howon-ah."

"Easy for you to say," Hoya retorted, slinging his backpack over his shoulder. "You got paired up with Sangchul."

"Oh come on, he can't be that bad. It's only for two weeks anyway."

"Two weeks of pure he—"

"Yah!"

The two turn towards the direction of the voice, finding their friend Sungyeol at the doorway as the sound of his loud voice echoed throughout the room and Hoya wonders how Dongwoo is still fast asleep. "Oh, hey Yeol, what's up?" Woohyun greets, waving his hand.

"I've been looking for you two. Let's go eat lunch."

"Okay. Oh, but uh, hold on a sec," Hoya sighs and makes his way to Dongwoo's desk.

"Dongwoo-sshi," he tapped against the desk, waiting for a few seconds until Hoya hears Dongwoo snore slightly. Hoya huffed, and this time he balled his hand into a fist, pounding against the desk a few times. "Yah, Jang Dongwoo." His second attempt hadn't worked at all either, and Hoya was starting to lose patience.

"Here, let me try." Sungyeol offered and made his way to the desk. Placing both of his hands on Dongwoo's shoulders, he began to shake him (violently, Hoya might add), and the other two stood in surprise to see Dongwoo wake up casually.

The other's eyes open lazily, blinking a few times and Dongwoo lifts his head from the desk, wiping the drool from the corner of his lips. He chuckles a bit, muttering a "how embarrassing" before leaning back in his chair and turning his attention to the three in front of him.

"What?" he asks flatly, raising an eyebrow.

"We've got a project to do," Hoya replies matter-of-factly. "It's due in two weeks. And Mr. Han partnered both of us up for the project."

"Mm, I see," Dongwoo nods his head. "And?"

Hoya almost scoffs at the guy, but holds it in by biting his tongue. "And I was just notifying you, since you were asleep the whole time. You're welcome."

"Yeah, whatever."

Hoya's jaw tightens, and he's about ready to flip out on this guy but Woohyun's hand finds its way to Hoya's sleeve, gripping the fabric tightly, a silent warning to calm down, Howon-ah.

"Anyways," Hoya starts again breathily. "Let's work on the project tomorrow after school. The sooner the better." And the sooner we get finished the less time I'd have to spend with you more than necessary.

Without giving time for Dongwoo to respond, Hoya makes his way towards the door with Sungyeol and Woohyun trailing behind. They talk to each other in the halls as they head towards the lunchroom, most of the chatter coming from Sungyeol going on about his day and this one time where Sungjong had to dress up as a girl as a dare and hyung, I think I'm questioning my uality because

Hoya found it really useful that he had gotten better at tuning other's voices out when he wanted to.

 

The three sit at their usual table in the cafeteria, dropping their bags on the table as Woohyun opens his own, pulling out a container of food.

"Howonnie, I made us lunch," he states cheerfully, smiling as he opens the lid and reveals a small meal of bulgogi. Hoya blushes (for the second time today) and grins happily, mumbling a small "thank you Hyun" with a shy smile still on his face as he chews his food.

Sungyeol scowls slightly, staring as Woohyun attempts to feed Hoya but only gets his hand swatted away and Hoya's face turns a deeper pink. "Tell me again why I sit with you guys."

"Because we're your only friends," Woohyun smirks, still trying to feed Hoya but only gets rejected again and Hoya whines a cute little "but Hyun it's sort of embarrassing..."

"No! I have other friends too!"

"Yeah, but Sungjong is an underclassman so we're the only people you get to sit with. So technically we're your only friends."

"But t-that's not— Ugh, shut up!" Sungyeol complains and stands up from the table. "I'm going to buy some food..." he mutters and heads towards the lunch line. Hoya and Woohyun laugh, watching as Sungyeol drags his feet in line.

The couple continue eating their lunch together, talking and laughing, and Woohyun does his aegyo, and eventually Hoya gives in to his boyfriend's greasy cuteness that finally accepts Woohyun feeding him. But Hoya's smile suddenly turns sour when he hears that loud, irritating cackling from a few tables over. "I swear that guy annoys me so ing much," he mumbles as Dongwoo erupts into loud laughter again.

"What do you have against him anyway?" Woohyun asks, Sungyeol returning to the table with his tray of food.

"Just, everything about him. He's loud, he's annoying, cocky, rude, stupid... Would you like me to go on?"

Woohyun scoffs and shakes his head. "But you barely know him."

"Well I know him enough to know he's all of those things." Hoya glances over to Dongwoo's table again and finds a group of girls flirting with him. "How the hell does everybody know him anyway?"

"Rich family," Sungyeol answers, mouth stuffed with rice. "His parents own top restaurant chains throughout Korea."

"Just because he's rich?"

"Well, you know, now that you mention, he's also got that 'bad boy' vibe practically radiating off hi—"

"That's not what I mean," Hoya cuts him off sternly. "I mean just because he's rich, he's suddenly so well known and popular."

"Well that's how it works sometimes," Sungyeol picks at the food on his tray. "But people only know you and want you for your money."

"You've got a point." Hoya sets his chopsticks down, container now empty of food. He steals one more glance at Dongwoo's table only to find that he's visibly making out with one of the girls from earlier, using way more tongue than necessary, and Hoya feels like he's going to be throwing up bulgogi any second now.

~ ♦ ~

Woohyun's rubbing soothing circles on Hoya's bare chest, pad of his thumb pressed firmly against the skin as Woohyun hums a little song, and Hoya lets out a relaxed breath. He opens his eyes to the dark room, only lit slightly by the moon from their window.

"You alright?" he hears Woohyun whisper. Hoya smiles a bit and brings his hand to cover Woohyun's on his chest and Woohyun stops rubbing. He turns it a bit so he can lace their fingers together. 

"I'm fine," he says softly. "Just wondering how the next two weeks are going to work out."

Woohyun clicks his tongue in disapproval. "Why are you so bothered by it?" He pouts, "I don't like seeing you stressed."

Hoya turns his head and sees the faint jut of Woohyun's lower lips against the reflection of light. He chuckles and reaches over to pinch his cheek. "Aigo, so cute!"

Woohyun pulls away and rubs at the spot. "Ah, you treat me like a little kid. I'm still your hyung!"

"Only by a month!" Hoya defends and starts chuckling again. Woohyun soon joins in his laughter and suddenly, to Hoya, everything feels better. He feels grateful that he has Woohyun next to him, in their bed like this, even though Hoya's only wearing his boxers and Woohyun's wearing sweatpants. How comfortable he feels with him and how every little worry melts away.

Hoya lets out another calm sigh and closes his eyes. "Thank you, Woohyun-ah."

It's only silence for a few seconds before Woohyun speaks up. "For what?"

"For... everything." He opens his eyes and turns to his side so he can face Woohyun, their fingers still intertwined. "For... for helping me. For bringing me in when my parents kicked me out. For taking care of me. For always being here. With me. You make me feel better."

"How?" Woohyun's blushing, and he's suddenly thankful the room is so dark.

"I don't know, just..." he gives Woohyun's hand a light squeeze. "Just... you. Being you. Being caring. And loving... Ah, I sound so cheesy."

"No, I, I like cheesy," he laughs. "Come on, you're talking to Nam Woohyun here, king of everything that is cheesy and romantic."

Hoya laughs too. "Yeah, I guess so." He looks up at Woohyun, and he leans forward so he can kiss him. He misses a bit, angle off due to the darkness of the room, and kisses the corner of his lips instead. Woohyun tilts his head so their lips can connect fully, then they're kissing, and suddenly Hoya feels so much meaning.

"I love you Woohyun."

"I love you too, Howon."

~ ♦ ~

The next morning Hoya plops down in his seat, noticing Dongwoo writing in his notebook. "Finally doing your work?" Hoya asks with a small smirk.

"As if," Dongwoo scoffs, not looking up from his paper. Hoya shakes his head and instead tends to his own business, pulling out last night's completed homework. He runs over his answers one last time before setting it down with a satisfied smile. He rests his chin on his palm and stares blankly at his pencil, waiting for their teacher to arrive. He turns to Woohyun only to find him speaking with Sangchul about their project.

Hoya glances over at Dongwoo and wonders if he should discuss their preparations as well, but decides that he should just talk to him after class when he sees Dongwoo focused on his writing. He hears him humming a bit, nodding his head to a rhythm before quickly dipping his head back into his notebook to to write a few more things.

When Mr. Han arrives, they immediately begin the lesson, Hoya concentrated on taking detailed notes. After a while, Mr. Han transitions into discussing the project, Hoya listening intently and suddenly he feels all stressed again due to the fact that he'll have to work with Dongwoo on the assignment in just a couple of hours.

He soon gets distracted and he's losing his train of thought, hearing a faint sound of music from beside him. He turns his head, and of course it's coming from Dongwoo, Hoya noticing one of his earbuds in his ear. He rolls his eyes, but suddenly, he becomes curious about the kind of music Dongwoo's possibly in to, so he leans a little bit to his side and focuses on the music (and he swears he'll laugh out loud with no regrets if he's listening to a girl group song).

Instead, Hoya hears a little bit of what sounds like rap, but the song ends and another one comes on a few seconds later, and he hears a faint beat of hip hop.

Hoya smirks and decides to continue taking down notes. At least he's got good taste.

 


a/n: I love writing Wooya you guise. Why do I find this fic so much easier to write than my other stories? =_= There's totally going to be more Yadong next chapter by the way; I didn't plan on this much Wooya fluff, omg. And I don't know why exactly I wrote that Wooya scene in the middle, omg. It feels totally irrelevant but wOOYA FEELS OKAY.