Chapter 1

With All My Heart

 

After a few days, Hoya didn't feel so bad about his assumptions of Dongwoo as he originally did, because he soon had found that his assumptions were true. Every day in class, Dongwoo wouldn't pay attention at all during lessons and refuse to do any of the work that was given.

Hoya clenched his jaw one day seeing Dongwoo scrolling through his phone hidden in his lap instead of listening to the lesson. He rolled his eyes. Unbelievable.

He looked up at Mr. Han, and as always, his back was turned as he wrote more problems on the board. When he would turn around to look at the class (which was only once in a while and Hoya became a little irritated at the fact that Dongwoo was getting away so easily with this), Dongwoo would quickly tuck his phone back in his pocket, pick up his pencil, and doodle something along the side of his paper before pulling out his phone again when Mr. Han turned back around.

 

One morning Hoya actually decided to finally talk to Dongwoo when he couldn't take it anymore and he felt like he needed to actually tell the guy that he should just get to work. When the class was allowed time to work freely, Hoya started.

"Dongwoo-sshi."

He waited for a while, but the other just acted as if he didn't hear. Hoya bit the inside of his cheek to keep from screaming at the guy to just stop being such a lazy and do the ing work but somehow, miraculously, held that in.

"Dongwoo-sshi," he started again, a little louder this time and Dongwoo turned his head.

"What," Dongwoo replied blankly.

"You're going to fail, you know that right?"

"Well duh, I'm not stupid."

Hoya almost broke into laughter. I beg to differ. He bit back cracking a smile as Dongwoo shrugged. "I just don't want to do it."

"So you want to fail?"

"Whatever."

The nerve of this guy, Hoya thought as he clenched his teeth and continued his work. After a while, he turned his head to look at Woohyun, and he smiled seeing the elder as he worked out the problems, his eyebrows knitted together and the tip of his pencil poking against his jutted lower lip.

Hoya thought about completely different the two were, but it made sense; the person he loved most and the person he disliked the most.

Within those few days, he had found that Dongwoo was loud (the roaring cackling from five tables over during lunch pretty much gave it away), a playboy (Hoya had encountered way too many instances for his liking in which Dongwoo was practically the other's face, girls and guys alike), and wasn't exactly the sharpest crayon in the box (the constant F's in big red marker Hoya would see from the corner of his eye).

Woohyun was completely different. He was studious, quite, and always relaxed. He was the type to do his work diligently and study, always working hard and getting good grades, and in his free time would sit comfortably on the couch and flip through pages of his novel.

But aside from that, Woohyun had a greasy, aegyo-filled side to him that he showed a lot. At times he'd send little flying kisses through the air, throw invisible hearts, and make cheesy little comments about how wonderful Hoya was to him. Hoya didn't mind the greasiness, in fact he actually found it pretty cute and soon he'd caught on and do aegyo with him.

Hoya was studious as well, intelligent and hard-working, but at times Hoya liked to let loose once in a while. He liked to go out with his friends to a karaoke bar or head to a club to let loose on the dance floor. Woohyun didn't mind, he trusted Hoya, but he just didn't want any part of it. Clubbing apparently wasn't his thing, so he'd just send Hoya away with a kiss, a "hope you have fun", and later adding in a "but not too much fun".

And of course Hoya knew right from wrong. After all, the only thing he really came for is to dance his heart out and just let loose. He knew his limits, downing one or two shots of a weak drink, and if people were becoming too touchy, he'd brush them off and tell them that he already has a boyfriend, because he knows that someone is waiting for him back home.

 

There was a time where Hoya had tried to convince Woohyun to come to the club with him, whining to Woohyun about what a boring square he was and why he never wanted to have fun. Woohyun only chuckled in response, repeating the same line Hoya's heard every time that clubbing just wasn't his thing as he turned his attention back to the tv.

After more whining from Hoya and a couple kisses later, Woohyun finally agreed. Hoya had changed into a long sleeve dress shirt with tight, black pants, and turned to show the elder his clothes. Woohyun grimaced slightly.

"What?" Hoya had asked, noticing the sour expression on his face.

"Purple? Again? Really?" Woohyun pointed to the deep purple dress shirt Hoya wore with a raised eyebrow.

"...And?"

Woohyun scoffed. "You wear purple all the damn time."

"So? I like purple. You know that."

"Yeah, well, I like red but you don't see me wearing it 24/7."

Hoya pouted and looked down at his shirt, fiddling with the hem in between his fingers and he suddenly felt a little self-conscious. "Um, do you want me to change then?" he asked quietly.

Woohyun softened, holding Hoya's face in his palms and tilting his head up so he could meet the younger's eyes. "Aigo, my Howonnie, no, it's okay. It's just..." Woohyun's cheeks flushed a soft shade of pink. "I just didn't want you wearing it because you truthfully look amazing in purple, and I'm just afraid people will be getting too touchy at the club."

Hoya stayed silent for a while before a little smirk crept along the side of his lips. "You're so greasy," he scoffed, pushing the other away and checking himself in the mirror with his cheeks flushed red and a small smile on his face. Woohyun chuckled and made his way to the closet. "I'm just saying, you know. I don't want to be the one who's throwing a punch at some guy's face if I see him groping your ."

 

And yet it wasn't even twenty minutes into the club when Hoya got lost in the sea of drunken dancers on the dance floor while Woohyun was by himself at the bar. After a while, Hoya had become worried, pushing his way until he found Woohyun still at the bar, but his eyes widened at the scene in front of him. Woohyun was struggling against the grip of a man who looked younger than both of them, with charcoal hair and all black clothing. The man's lips were nearing Woohyun's neck and the look in Woohyun's eyes were just of pure fear. 

In a matter of seconds, Hoya had the guy thrown to the ground, throwing merciless punches at his face as Woohyun was trying his best to pull Hoya away and yelling at him to stop. But Hoya was raged, angry at the guy for trying to pick up his boyfriend, and angry at himself. He should've known that it was Woohyun's first time for this kind of situation. He should've known that Woohyun was too innocent to know what to do. He should've known not to leave him.

He let his frustration out with each punch, ignoring the pleading from Woohyun to just stop and the hollering of the crowd that's turned up around them. It's not until Hoya's knuckles are stained red that he's suddenly pulled off and thrown out of the club, with Woohyun following quickly behind.

Hoya's panting, calming himself down and he suddenly notices that Woohyun's sniffling and his eyes are teary. Hoya takes his face into his palms, pressing his lips against his, and mumbles "I'm sorry" over and over again, trying to calm Woohyun down as well because he knows that he must've been scared out of his mind and Hoya hates himself right now for bringing Woohyun into all of this.

And Woohyun vowed to never go to a club ever again.

~ ♦ ~

Hoya wakes up, looking at the clock which read a time that was way too early for his liking. He falls back onto his pillow with a big sigh. As much as he'd like to, he'd be content with two more hours of sleep but his mind somehow won't permit that because now he's wide awake and staring around the dimly-litted room from the sun that's barely rising at this time. He would have to get up in two hours anyway to get ready for school, and he groaned thinking of the lack of sleep he had and the fact that lack of sleep plus having to see Dongwoo later on equals a moody, irritated Hoya.

He lies on his side and finds another warm body with on the bed. Bringing a finger up to other's jawline, he began lightly tracing a line to his chin, up to his lips and he stops for a while, just feeling the soft lips against his skin, and he smiles before bringing his finger up to this tip of the other's nose.

Woohyun. It's always Woohyun who Hoya wakes up to everyday and he really couldn't think of a better way to start his morning. Hoya sees Woohyun's eyes open lazily, a soft smile on his lips as he wakes up slightly. Woohyun lifts his head a bit to look at the time and lifts an eyebrow at Hoya.

"Why are you up so early?" he asks, dropping his head back on the pillow, and places his arm around Hoya's waist as he pulls him in closer to his chest.

"I don't know. I really want to sleep but I can't." Hoya sighs and lets himself be buried into the warmth of Woohyun's chest, grabbing lightly at the thin, white t-shirt he has on. They stay like that for the next two hours, Hoya in the comfort of Woohyun's arms as he listens to Woohyun's breathing become slower and he soon falls asleep. Hoya smiles at how cute he is, and he thinks that time has gone by way too fast when the annoying blaring of their alarm wakes him up.

 

Hoya slumps into his chair, taking out his notebooks and placing them neatly on his desk. He looks to Woohyun and finds that he's done the same, and Woohyun's catches his gaze, grinning and making a little heart with his hands.

Hoya blushes like a little schoolgirl, shifting his eyes to his desk and pretending to fix the arrangement of his papers. From the corner of his eye, he can see Dongwoo doodling on his paper, chin rested against the palm of his hand and mouth slightly open in concentration. Hoya turns his attention away and instead chats with Woohyun and a few of his friends in the meantime before Mr. Han suddenly calls their attention.

"Good morning everyone. Before we begin today's lesson, I've decided to let you all do a project pertaining to the things we've learned so far. But before I get into detail, first of all, I've also decided that it will be beneficial if you are all partnered up for this assignment."

 

And the rest seems pretty obvious.

Yes, unfortunately, Hoya was partnered up with Dongwoo. 

Hoya frowned, groaning quietly and looked over to Dongwoo, who he found was fast asleep. Hoya rolled his eyes, watching as Dongwoo slept with his head resting on his arms on the top of his desk, drool spilling out from the corner of his lips.

"You've got to be ing kidding me." 

 


a/n: I WASN'T KIDDING ABOUT THE WOOYA FLUFF OTL. And yes, I'm making Woohyun cute and innocent and Wooya just totally in love with each other, askldhgjksdfhgs; And it seems like there's more Wooya in this chapter than Dongwoo, omg. But don't worry, Dongwoo will be revealed more later on. So, 'til next update! I love you all~ ^^