Study Group

Rocky Road

AH! Sorry for such a long time since the last update! This chapter is a little bit longer! Thank you everyone for your comments and subscriptions I appriciate them all!! I hope you enjoy the chapter~

 

 

 

 

"Wait, I don't get this section. Bae help me." Daesung tapped her pencil against the page of her notebook, waiting for her small friend to tear her eyes away from Jiyongs thin hands long enough to check Daesung's work. 

"Oh okay. W-What part are you at again?" Daesung crawled to the edge of Bae's bed, where she had been working, to show her. It had been Seunghyun's idea for the four of them to get together and study. After their first group movie, they had all been seeing more and more of each other lately. The occasional movie night had become getting dinner after school, and going to the mall on weekends. 

Daesung had even begun to find a kindred spirit of sorts in Seunghyun, though she wasn't sure if friend was the word she would use. After all, it probably wasn't normal to tease your friends as much as Daesung teased Seunghyun. 

Bae grabbed the book from her hands as Daesung swept her eyes over the two boys, Seunghyun's head bobbing as he silently rapped along to the music coming from his headphones, and Jiyong biting his nails over a math worksheet. She narrowed her eyes at Seunghyun. He was smart, Daesung knew, unlike herself who had to spend hours studying. He was just lazy, which along with a slew of other annoying personality traits, drove her crazy. 

She stretched out a stockinged leg along Bae's bed to sharply kick the older boy's shoulder where it rested against the comforter. He turned around, big eyes round with surprise. 

"Aren't your the one who wanted to do this study thing in the first place? Where's your homework?" Bae sighed from the floor next to her, half used to Seunghyun and Daesung's back and forth banter by this point. "Oh…I'm done, I didn't have much, I just wanted to hang out." Seunghyun said, batted his eyes owlishly as if it had been obvious from the start. The other three teens in the room just leveled him with a stare. 

Bae sighed, far too heavy for an 17 year old. "Seunghyun…..If you're not busy, why am I helping Daesung. You're better in reading comp than i am anyway." She dropped the book on his lap before scooting back to Jiyong, who looked ready to tear his worksheet to shreds. Seunghyun stared blankly at Daesungs textbook for a few seconds before he felt an insistent tug at the back of his hood. "You heard the boss. Get up here."

 Daesung tried to keep her face as straight as possible but something about the way Seunghyun's ears flared red as he clambered onto the bed made her want to either smile or roll her eyes. He fixed himself under the window, adams apple bobbing as Daesung slid in next to him, fiddling with her pen as Seunghyun struggled to find what page he was supposed to be looking at.

 "It's page 468. You just had it." She could hear faint bass thumps from the headphones still hanging around the older boys neck. It was only when Seunghyun started talking did she realize she had been staring at his jawline. "Ah. You've got some of your adverbial stuff switched up here. It's an easy fix, you can just add a few more words and…..um…hey Daesung?" The brown haired girl quickly glanced down at the book just as Seunghyun raised his eyes, pinning her with a stare. 

"Yeah? What's up?" Daesung could see him swallow again, obviously slowly trying to piece together in his head what he wanted to say. Just as he seemed ready to open his mouth, Jiyong finally burst. 

"I can't Bae! I can't do it at all! I just totally give up." He exasperatedly shoved the papers and math book across the table, letting his soft, pretty forehead slam down hard on the wood of the low table both he and Bae where sitting at. Seunghyun let out a quiet snerk at the way Bae quickly pulled up his shoulders checking his face for injuries, and Daesung was tempted to match it with  scoff of her own. "Now now Jiyongie, I think you just need a little break." She looked around for a distraction before her eyes settled on the glass of water Seunghyun had asked for when they first got there. "I was gonna go make some lemonade! I think you should come with me." 

Daesung felt Seunghyun stiffen next to her as Bae ushered a defeated looking Jiyong out of the room. It wasn't like this was the first time they'd been together alone since they first met just a few months previous, but Daesung had the sinking suspicion that Seunghyun still couldn't wipe the impression their first explosive first meeting had given him from his mind. She wanted to hope that they had moved past that, or more specifically, that Seunghyun wasn't afraid of her anymore. 

Daesung was so wrapped up in her own thoughts it took the older boy touching her arm to snap her out of it, her eyes on him as he pulled his hand away like it had been burned.

 "S-Sorry, you didn't seem like you where… Anyway, so… I was saying." He cleared his throat a few times, eyes wandering all over the room, trying to find anything to concentrate on. He finally settled a stare at Daesung's stockinged feet as he started to speak. "I know… you've probably forgotten all about it by now. I mean I'm sort of glad. Well actually I'm really glad because being friends with you, and Bae too, has been awesome." 

Daesung tightened a hand on the sheets next to her as she watched Seunghyun bumble over his words. "I'm not trying to apologize because I really don't think I deserve to be forgiven but. Um." Seunghyun blinked hard, steeling himself as he forced himself to make eye contact and Daesung swallowed softly. She never really had gotten over his eyes. 

"I'm saying, forget anything I ever said or did that was stupid. You're just really pretty. Like really really….pretty." His face was as red as Daesung had ever seen it and her mind was whirring as she tried to find some way to play him off. 

All it would take was an elbow to the ribs, a 'Hey, knock it off, I'm over that.' Anything, she screamed to herself, anything to make him stop staring at her with those eyes. But Daesung found herself unable to speak, lips parted and cheeks beginning to redden. 

Their eyes where locked, and Daesung couldn't pull herself away when there was a sudden, solid thump from the hallway, and Seunghyun jolted so hard, his skull conked loudly against Bae's window sill. 

 There was a brief moment of silence s Seunghyun clutched his head and swore, until Daesung couldn't help the laughter that bubbled up ii her any longer. She laughed at Seunghyun, at his startled idiot face, and at herself for being so totally easy. It felt easy when she let her head fall against his shoulder and only laughed harder when she felt his shoulders relax at her touch. 

It wasn't until Bae and Jiyong came back in, Jiyong looking much more refreshed than before, that Daesung was able to quiet her giggles. She looked over the two as Jiyong settled back to his math sheet and Bae to helping him, and a small catlike grin formed on her lips as she tuned pressing her hand to Seunghyun's hoodie covered ear. 

"Is it me…or was Jiyong NOT wearing the same shade of lipgloss as Bae when they left?" Her voice was a whisper only he could hear, and she watched Seunghyun's eyes widen. Suddenly his own low, goofy giggles began, and before either knew it, they where practically doubled over each other on the bed in fits of laughter.

 Bae shot Jiyong a questioning look, but he could only shrug back in confusion.