First Meeting

Rocky Road

 

Ah~ And also, theres a lil hint of GDYB in this too (just a little) And Bae is Daesung's also classmate/close friend at their private girls highschool.

Okay read on!

 

 

 

When Bae first introduced her best childhood friend to Daesung, Daesung's first reaction had been to hide the way her fingernails bit the palms of her hand.

 Not because of Jiyong or anything, he was sweet, with a pretty but sincere face. And Dae had to smile secretly at the way he smiled at her small, hard-bodied classmate. No, the reason her small round nails where digging crescents into her palms was the way Jiyong's friend was looking her up and down. 

Daesung rearranged her bookbag on her shoulders, brushing her uniform skirt out and fought the twitching in her jaw as the dark eyes of the large boy behind Jiyong swept up her shapely legs again. She tugged helplessly at Bae's hand, but she seemed caught up in whatever joke Jiyong had just told as they made their way to the restaurant to notice. Eventually, Daesung found herself stuck next to the large boy, walking in pairs of two.. 

Daesung looked up to see the boy staring (in a way he surely thought was inconspicuous) at her s, and she had to fight not to slam his face into the concrete sidewalk. 

"So….. what did you say your name was again?" Daesung made sure her smile was soft and friendly, a perfect match to her sweet voice but when the larger boy flushed she felt her gut flop sickly. 

"Oh. Um…it's Seunghyun…" He started fiddling with the cords of his headphones, suddenly looking everywhere but Daesung's body, and her scoff at the action was no doubt misheard as a gentle giggle. "Mmm." The silence was thick and Daesung prayed they would just get to the restaurant already, or at least Bae would look back and notice her best friend's plight. When Seunghyun cleared his throat to speak, Daesung could barely hide the roll of her eyes. 

"Your name was Daesung right? I-Isn't that usually a dude name?" Daesung snapped her head to stare up at him through small eyes and she caught the way he flinched, still not able to meet her stare. "My parents wanted a boy. I don't mind it much. Bae said you name was Tempo. What's up with giving yourself an american name?"

 Seunghyun finally looked into her eyes, his own long lashed ones (seriously, was he wearing makeup?) fluttering in surprise at the sudden sharp words. "Uh, no it's not like-" He was back to looking at his scuffed white sneakers and Daesung could only roll her eyes again, briefly assessing the happy couple in front of them with a frown. 

"It- um. It's my rap name. I'm a rapper." Daesung only nodded in acknowledgement at his words mumbling a quick "Oh cool." as they finally made it to the barbecue place, and she was able to slide into a seat next to Bae again. 

It was a reasonably uneventful dinner, with Daesung calmly and sweetly chattering with Bae and Jiyong, and trying to ignore Seunghyun's sharp eyes on her face. And after an hour she was almost okay with it, as one of Seunghyun's body gags had them all in stitches, Daesung trying in vain to cover her to large smile. She almost figured the crooked smile on Seunghyun's chubby face was handsome. Until he opened his mouth.

 "Haha, Dae I had kinda heard you where a butterface, but your smile is pretty cute." The whole group laughed, although Bae's eyes where now wide and darting between her fellow female and the oldest boy. Daesung made sure she laughed the loudest, so used to people making fun of her looks, it was almost second nature. 

But as Seunghyun's eyes sparkled and cheeks dimpled, she felt something snap inside her chest and couldn't help the way her laugh just got louder and louder. 

Maybe it was because she had been whistled at earlier that day on the way to school, or because of how Seunghyun had looked at her legs, or just years of pent up rage from having a body that bloomed too early, but she didn't stop laughing once as she poured her full cup of soda over Seunghyun's shocked and uncommonly handsome head. 

Needless to say no one else was laughing now. Bae watched with terrified eyes as Daesung grabbed her bag, flipping her long pigtails as she went,  and stalked out before quickly running to follow, apologies pouring out of . 

But even as Daesung took off, she could still feel those dark eyes watching her leave.

 

 

Wow not so smooth a start~ We'll see how top tries to fix all this next chapter~