SPECIAL: Movie

Rocky Road

This is mainly a Todae fic, but Jiyong and Bae have a little something going on too, I'm sure you've noticed.~ So this is a little chapter for them! It's during the movie from last chapter.

 

 

 

The movie had been playing for a good half hour, but Jiyong had barely the faintest idea of what was going on in it. 

He spun the ring on his index finger again and again as he snuck another covert glance at the small girl beside him. Bae was watching the screen with interest, her hands wrapped around a soda. Jiyong gulped as he looked back at his hands, thinking about her eyes, ringed with makeup she had only started wearing a few years ago.  Something he would have never seen back when they where still roughhousing in the grass of Jiyong's back yard. 

But a lot of things had changed since back then, and he had to breath out of his nose as thoughts of Bae's last track meet and her strong legs in shorts rushed into his mind. 

'Not the issue at hand here Jiyong' he internally berated himself as he shifted back in his seat to uselessly stretch his arm before chickening out and tucking it besides his body AGAIN. It should't be so intimidating just slipping his arm around Bae's (undoubtably soft) shoulders, and letting his hand clutch her defined little arm. He'd done this dozens of times, he told himself, with dozens of girls and it was never a problem. 

Except, and yeah he had kind of told himself this plenty of times before too, Bae wasn't just another one of his girls. 

He was spinning his ring again before he even realized it, watching the car chase on scene with a blank face as sudden small warm fingers where on his, stilling his hands. Jiyong could have sworn his heart had stopped as he looked down into Bae's concerned (and oh so cutely narrowed) eyes. 

"Do you not like the movie?" she whispered, two of her fingers gently tightening around his. Jiyong shook his head vigorously, ready to respond when loud hiss of 'SHHHHHHH' from behind them shut his mouth. Bae watched him for a few more seconds before nodding slightly and turning back to the movie, finally taking her hand off of his (though Jiyong shuddered at the way her fingertips brushed over his knuckles.) 

He was being an idiot he knew, and he gave his arm one final stretch, before this time letting it fall loosely over the curve of Bae's shoulders. She stiffened for a second, but before Jiyong could even begin to worry, she settled, nuzzling the back of her head softly into his bicep. Jiyong looked down to see a gentle smile on her face and, felt his heart skip a beat. 

Yeah. He was an idiot alright.

 

 

 

 

A little bit shorter than the others, but still cute I hope. Don't worry, I'm sure todae will be able to have cute moments like this soon too!!