Friday Night

Rocky Road

Oops~ Sorry It's been a little while since i updated! We get to see if Daesung will forgive Seunghyun's crappyness ahaha. Hope you enjoy!

 

 

 

 

"I should't have worn braids, I don't know what I was thinking." Daesung rolled her eyes again as her best friend played with the braids Dae had done for her just 20 minutes earlier. "If you don't stop fiddling with them Bae, you're gonna mess them up." 

The smaller girl dropped the hair in her hand like it was on fire. "Besides, I thought this wasn't a date?" Daesung said, smirking at how Bae's eyebrows knitted as she watched up the street vacantly. "It's NOT a date Daesung. I just….I just want to look nice!" Bae muttered, glanced over at her friend as they waited in front of the movie theatre. 

"And anyway, if this isn't a date, why are you so dressed up?"

 Daesung paused, and looked down at her own outfit. Comfortable flats, a floral dress, her wavy hair spilling down over her pastel sweater. She wasn't THAT dressed up…..was she? She patted down her dress and, yeah, maybe she kinda wished she had worn tights that day.

 She was about to turn to Bae with a retort but the smaller girl had walked forward a few steps and was waving excitedly. Jiyong headed the group walking up the street towards them and he seemed just as excited to see Bae, half jogging to her only to stop a few steps short and shuffle his feet. 

"Hi guys. I'm really glad you could come." Jiyong was addressing the both of them, but he had barely given Daesung a glance, making her smirk knowingly. The rest of the small group had caught up now, and Daesung traded polite hellos with a girl she recognized from her biology class, and her boyfriend. But she couldn't help stealing a few glances at the tall, chubby boy behind the couple. 

He was practically buried in his hood, both hands shoved intently in his pockets. Daesung tried to quell the churning starts of anger in her gut at the sight of his piercing eyes as he finally peeked up from where he had been staring at her shoes.

 "Hi Seunghyun." Daesung was trying her hardest to keep her voice high and light so as not to scare Bae, who's hand she could feel on her elbow. Seunghyun looked like he was trapped in headlights, obviously not expecting Daesung to so much as glance at him, let alone try to greet him. He flapped his jaw desperately for a few moments, obviously trying to decide what to say first before just returning his gaze to the floor (not so much as glancing at her exposed knees, Daesung noted with a curious eyebrow raise) and letting out a breathy "Hi." 

Good enough for her, Daesung thought as she turned back to Bae, happy to have gotten greeting Seunghyun out of the way.  But Jiyong was staring hard at his friend, eyes narrowed at Seunghyun, who shuffled behind them as they finally made their way into the movie theater to buy their tickets. 

Daesung felt strangely off. She had to admit, she wasn't used to the guys who bothered her not fighting back, and the desperate look in the large boys eyes made her stomach twist more than she would like to think about. But then Jiyong was at her side with Bae, asking what she wanted, and the other couple where happily passing their soda back and forth. 

Daesung didn't even notice Seunghyun had gone up and gotten food until biology class girls's date pointed him out. "Dude did you seriously need to get a large? You gonna eat all of that?"

 Daesung's eyes widened a bit as she turned to watch Seunghyun's reaction. It felt like deja vu, the way the large boy's hands clenched just a little bit tighter in the bag he was holding. The top's of Seunghyun's round cheeks shaded with red as he nonchalantly laughed, and Daesung gritted her teeth at the sound. It was a laugh she herself had done many times at her own expense.

 Oh.

 Alarms where going of in her head as she stepped forward and shoved her hand in Seunghyun's bag of popcorn, and her conscience screamed 'don't you do it' as she stuffed the snack in her eyes going quickly from Seunghyun's large startled ones, to the boy behind her. "He got a large cause he's sharing it with me. Duh." 

There was a startled silence from everyone as Daesung chewed before the boy who had spoken frowned. "O-Oh. Yeah. I didn't mean…" It was Bae who jumped  out, quickly dragging the stunned couple away from Daesung. 

"Hey, the theatre is open now, let's all go try to get seats together!" Jiyong followed, watching Bae with an appreciative smile and it took Daesung pulling on his sleeve until Seunghyun started to walk. 

"Why did yo-" 

"Hey, if i'm gonna share your popcorn you better go put more butter on it, cause this is way too bland." Daesung interrupted, staring down at the popcorn left in her hand, too embarrassed by her own actions to look up. "I- I didn't deserve that." Seunghyn's deep voice was louder than Daesung had heard it before, and she allowed herself a glance at him. The tearful shine in his uncommonly big eyes was the last thing she expected. 

"I'm such a- I'm sorry. I'm really, really-" He was bowing his head and Daesung could feel her cheeks heating up. The hair on the back of her head tingled as she wrenched the bag from his hands and strode off to the butter dispenser with it. And although she wasn't looking back, she could feel Seunghyun tailing behind her. 

"L-Look just shut it okay. I'm done thinking about that. Let's just…. go watch the movie."  She wasn't technically forgiving him, she rationalized as he gave her a lopsided smile that brought out the dimples in his chubby cheeks before they caught up with their small group. 

And when their hands accidentally brushed going for the last of the popcorn, and Seunghyun choked, quickly pulling his hand away, face dark red even in the pale light of the movie, Daesung figured with a sigh, that there where probably worse people to have to share popcorn with.

 

 

 

From a soda on the head to a handful of popcorn! I might have a tiny smaller EXTRA chapter for you guys later tonight or tomm~ I hope you'll look forward!