Chapter 2

Broken Strings

so, the second chapter is up...

thank you so much for the people that have subscribed in this story..

sorry for not being able to thank you one by one, but i do really appreciate it, believe me... ^^

hope it'll get a good respond just like my other fics...

and please do comments if you have a time...

***

A soft crack was heard when the door of Sungyeol’s room was opened. Although he closed his eyes, he was wide awake. His bed dipped slightly when the person who entered his room took a seat next to him.

“Hyung,” Sungjong whispered lowly late of that night, “Do you still awake?”

“Hm?” Sungyeol hummed in reply, indicated that he was listening. Sungjong moved around for a bit and settled laying next to Sungyeol. There’s silence for a moment, before Sungjong broke it.

“I want to go to the beach house,” Sungjong said.

“Beach house? Why so sudden?” Sungyeol asked. He turned his body to face Sungjong, brows raised questioningly.

“It would be better for us to change the atmosphere, hyung,” Sungjong answered, looking up at the ceiling.

Sungyeol sighed, it must be because of him. It’s been a while since Sungyeol left the house. Usually, he spent his day locked on his room. He observed Sungjong’s face. He looked tired, Sungyeol noticed.

“Okay,” Sungyeol said shortly as he turned to face the ceiling.

“Huh?” Sungjong couldn’t suppress his surprise, “You agree?”

Sungyeol closed his eyes again then nodded, “Maybe it’d do us good. Get fresh air, out of this city.”

Sungjong smile grew wider, “Then let’s go tommorow.”

Sungyeol could practically heard the happiness in his brother’s voice, “ ‘Kay. Now go to sleep, Sungjong. It’s pretty late.”

His brother got up instantly, “Good night, hyung.” He heard him greeted before left his room.

“Night,” Sungyeol said as he pulled the blanket up to cover his body completely. Wishing the darkness would brought him into dreamless sleep.

***

The last time they visited this beach house was a year ago. When everything was still alright. The felt that he got was the complete opposite than that time.

He heard Sungjong laughed happily as he looked around the house, checking the house’s condition. It’s clean and perfect, the housekeeper was doing really great job.

Sungyeol brought his luggage to his room carefully. He found that nothing’s changed on his room. He put all his thing on their place, took his time on doing that.

He has opened the window wide, let the breez blew inside. The white curtain that swayed side to side because of the wind gave him this calm feeling.

“Hyung!” Sungyeol heard Sungjong called from outside. He left the room and approached the kitchen, where his brother’s voice was coming.

“What?”

“Let’s swim,” Sungjong said. He has already changed into a short and t-shirt, while the towel hanged on his neck.

“I don’t feel like swimming, Sungjong,” Sungyeol answered. Honestly he didn’t have confidence to open his shirt, he was way too skinny, and it’d make his brother worry again.

“Hyung..” Sungjong whined, then sighed in defeat, “Fine, just accompany me to the beach, will you?”

Sungyeol smiled then nodded, “Wait here, I’ll change my clothes first.”

It didn’t take long for Sungyeol to replace his jeans with short. Then both of him and Sungjong headed to the beach. What he liked about this place was that it wasn’t too crowded. There just few people here and there. So this place was the right choice if he wanted some quiet place to relax.

His brother instantly threw his shirt into the sand and run to the water. Sungyeol could see how he happily playing in the water. He dropped his body to the sand, enjoyed the warm sun that fell on his skin. For the first time in  these months, he felt genuinely happy.

It’s been hours and Sungjong still didn’t come out of the water. Sungyeol sighed, his brother always loved beach that sometimes he could spend a day full there.

Sungyeol stood up and decided to take a walk to the cliff near there. It wasn’t too high, but he could see a wonderful view of the sea from there.

As always, the view was left him breathless once he arrived there. The sea was looked like a really beautiful painting. He make himself comfortable and relaxed his mind.

Being alone like that, he couldn’t help when his mind was drifting back to the memory that he rather forgot. The memory of that person, about the time that they spent together.

Sungyeol met him in the university. He was one year below of him. At first, he never really knew about the younger’s presence. But on one sunny day, the younger man suddenly approached him, then confessed to him. It left him dumbfounded since he didn’t recognize that young boy at all.

He thought it was a joke. But the younger man never give up. He always followed Sungyeol that at last Sungyeol was used to his presence. Because of the constant confessions, finally Sungyeol accepted his feeling. He was attracted by the younger’s stubornness.

But because of certain thing that happened, they broke up. Sungyeol never realized how deep he fell for the younger until they were separated. And now, seeing how broken he was without his ex-lover, got him realized how the younger has taken a really big part on his life.

He buried his face between his knees, the pain was coming back. He shouldn’t remember about that person. He should forget him. But, every part of his existence was aching for him. He would give anything to stop this pain.

The tears that he thought has spent, rolling down slowly, leaving wet traces on his face. He touched it, laughed bitterly to find that he was still able to produce this tears.

He cried his heart out that it hard to breath. Clenching his fist tightly, he wished the pain would subdued. He choked by his own sobs when the feeling was overwhelming his senses.

With a lot of difficullties, he brought himself up. Walked few steps forward, he was standing dangerously in the edge of the cliff.

Looked downward, the sea was calling him. He never realized that this part of sea had a bigger waves. It rolled furiously as it collided with the rock of the cliff.

Sungyeol looked at it carefully, entranced by the whitecap that covered the sea. He wondered how it felt to just jumped into the sea. Maybe the pain would finally stopped. Maybe he would finally be free. He took a step forward.

One part of his mind screamed at him to go back. To stop endangering himself. But the other part was asking him to continue. That he’d felt better afterward.

The first drop water that fell from the sky broke him off of his inner battle. It’s raining. A second ago it was a bright sunny day, but the next second it’s raining hard. In instant, he was soaked wet. The shiver run down his spine. It’s freaking cold.

But he was feeling better. Yeah, he was freezing, but he felt better. The cold rain felt so refreshing. It washed down his gloomy feeling. He looked upward, enjoyed every drop of the rain that fell on his face.

After a while, he made his way back to the house. It took him minutes to arrive in front of his door. He knocked it, trembling involuntary.

The door was opened abruptly before his face. His brother stood behind it, clearly has been crying.

“Hyung!” Sungjong pulled him into a hug, “I thought... I thought something bad happen to you.”

His brother was sobbing hard as he tightened his hug on Sungyeol.

“I’m okay, Sungjong – ah,” Sungyeol tried to calm him down, “See? Nothing’s happened to me.”

Sungjong pulled back slightly, glared at Sungyeol accusingly, “Why did you just left like that, hyung? Why didn’t you tell me that you left?”

“I’m sorry, I just felt like taking a walk, I didn’t think that you’ll be worry,”

“Of course I am. I thought about every possibilities that happened to you, hyung. And nothing of them was good.”

“I’m sorry,” Sungyeol whispered lowly.

“Just.. just don’t do that again, hyung.”

Sungyeol nodded in  guilty, “i’m sorry.”