Chapter 5

Broken Strings

sorry for the late update ^^

this is the new chapter...

comments n subs r loved...

n thax for all people that've subscribed n commented on this story (:

i really appreciate that ^^

~witchagurl~

***

Sungjong haven’t let out any word since the second they closed the door. He brought his brother back to his room. Then put him to lay on his bed and tucked him in the warm blanket.

He go to the kitchen and brought the medicine and a glass of water. After checking Sungyeol’s temperature with the thermometer, he handed the medicine and the water without a word. Felt so grateful that Sungyeol swallowed the medicine quickly.

Sungjong took a seat on the carpeted floor next to the bed. He leaned on the bed then pulled his knees up, tucked his chin between them.

The feeling that he felt was mixing up. Anger, sadness, worry, all because of his brother. If he met the man that has broken his brother, he would definitely killed that man without a doubt.

“Sungjong – ah?” he heard his brother called his name hesitantedly.

“Hm?”

“Talk to me, please,” he could heard the plea on his brother’s voice.

“What should I say, hyung? Tell me,” Sungjong answered in a cold voice.

“Anything, but please, don’t ignore me like this,” Sungyeol pleaded.

Sungjong could heard the rustled from behind of him. A second later, Sungyeol’s hand was on his hair, just touched it gently.

“I was being honest when I said I’m tired earlier, hyung,” Sungjong closed his eyes, enjoyed the comfortable weight on his head.

“I’m sorry,” Sungyeol whispered.

“Why did you keep doing this, hyung. Why did you keep hurting yourself like this? You know that it won’t change anything, right? That hurting yourself won’t bring him back,” Sungjong asked.

He opened his eyes when he felt the hand was removed from his head. He turned around to face his brother.

His brother was staring on the ceiling. He could see the pain that was written all over Sungyeol’s face.

“I don’t want it either, Sungjong – ah,” Sungyeol started, “I really want to stop hurting myself and the people around me.” There was silence for a full minute before Sungyeol continued, “But I can’t.”

“Wae, hyung? Why can’t you?”

Sungyeol closed his eyes when a tear made its way down his face, “Because I’m too broken,” Sungyeol answered shortly.

“Hyung...”

“Sungjong – ah, I’m afraid,” Sungyeol opened his eyes and turned to face his brother, “I’m afraid of what I’ve became, Sungjong. I start to feel nothing. The emptiness that I felt everyday is eating me slowly.”

Sungjong’s heart clenched, he grabbed his brother’s hand and give it a squeeze.

“I feel cold for every second I’m awake, Sungjong. That I start to forget how to put a real smile, when the numbness is the only thing that I feel,” Sungyeol said slowly, “I’m really afraid.”

Sungjong get up and pulled Sungyeol into a tight embrace, he never realized the pain that his hyung felt was this bad. He never thought that his brother would be like this.

“Hyung, please, you’ve promised that everything would be okay,” Sungjong choked on his words, “Please.”

“I’m trying, Sungjong – ah, I’m trying to change, to make everything better, believe me,” Sungyeol said.

“Then, don’t give up, hyung. You’ll be okay, I’m always here for you,” Sungjong tightened his embrace.

***

They spent the rest of the day just laying in the bed. Once a while Sungjong brought a tea for his brother. Sungyeol refused to eat despite all Sungjong’s persuasion.

Most of the time, Sungyeol was sleeping. Being hugged by his dongsaeng put him on dreamless sleep.

Sungjong caressed Sungyeol’s hair absentmindedly, observed his pale face. He was worried so much now that Sungyeol was really thin. He could feel all the bones that potruded through his skin.

“Hyung,” Sungjong whispered lowly, “What should I do? I can’t let this keep happening to you. I’m afraid if I took my eyes off you even for second, you’ll disappear.”

He sighed and pulled Sungyeol closer. Suddenly, he lifted his head. He could hear faint knocks from the front door. Carefully, he took his arms off Sungyeol. Soundlessly, Sungjong left the room. He all the lamps along his way, it was getting dark outside.

He raised his brows in surprise when he found the same young men from this morning. The ones that brought Sungyeol back and also the owner of the cafe that they visited yesterday.

“Hey,” the greasy waiter, he recognized, greeted him with a wide smile, while the other guy  - hamster looking guy – nodded slightly.

“Hy,” sungjong greeted back with a bow, “What are you doing here?” he couldn’t help but asked to the point.

The greasy waiter sent a glance to the hamster guy, asked him silently to answer Sungjong’s question.

“Well,” the hamster guy started, “We come to visit Sungyeol.”

Sungjong cocked his brows in confusion, “Sungyeol – hyung?”

“Yeah,” the greasy waiter asnwered, “My name is Nam Woohyun anyway, and this cute guy here is Kim Sunggyu.”

“Yah!” Sunggyu slapped Woohyun’s arm and glared at him.

“But you are really cute,” Woohyun whined.

Sungjong chuckled, made both of them focused on him again.

“Oh, sorry for being rude, come in then,” Sungjong said. He led his guests to the living room and invited them to sit on the couch.

Sunggyu put some lunch box in the table, “We brought some food for both of you,” he explained.

Sungjong couldn’t suppress his curiousity, “Thank you, that’s really kind of you, but you don’t have to bother yourself like that.”

“Nah, it’s okay,” Woohyun shrugged, “Where’s is Sungyeol anyway?”

“He is sleeping,” Sungjong answered.

“Is he getting better?” Sunggyu asked.

Sungjong smiled sadly, “Not really. He didn’t eat, so I couldn’t give him medicine.”

“Why didn’t he eat?” Woohyun raised his brows, “He is sick, he shouldn’t skip eat. We brought porridge too. Maybe you can give him that.”

Sungjong shook his head, “It’s not like that. He can’t eat.”

Both Sunggyu and Woohyun looked so confused.

“Can I ask you something?” Sungjong broke the awkward silence. The others nodded, “Why did you come here? Why did you brought us foods. We barely know each other.”

There’s a silence for a while.

“We’re interested at your brother,” Woohyun said bluntly.

“You.. what?!?” Sungjong’s jaw dropped.

“We’re interested at Sungyeol,” Woohyun repeated.

“We?”

“Yeah, me and Sunggyu.”

“It’s..” Sungjong looked so lost, “It’s surprising.” He tried to calm his mind before asked, “Why him?”

“We don’t know honestly,” Sunggyu answered, “He just caught our eyes the second he entered our cafe.”

“Wait,” Sungjong cut, “Aren’t you couple?”

“Yeah, we are,” Sunggyu confirmed.

“Then, why my brother?” Sungjong asked them, but then stood up abruptly, “You better leave now,” he raised his voice slightly.

The older men caught off guard by the sudden change of the younger’s attitude.

“Leave now!” Sungjong snapped. He pulled both Sunggyu and Woohyun by the arms to the front door.

“Wait!” Woohyun put his hand to hold the door that was being closed by Sungjong, “We just want to know Sungyeol better. We both like him.”

“Just leave, please,” Sungjong’s voice changed into plea, “My brother don’t need people like you in his life. People that just want to play his heart.”

“We don’t have intention to play on him,” Sunggyu said, “Please believe in us.”

“I can’t, he’s too broken now, I can’t let any of you make him worse, just go!” Sungjong pushed the door closed with all his might, left the other two standing dumbfounded outside the door.

Woohyun knocked the door continuosly. After few minutes without answer, Sunggyu placed his hand on Woohyun’s shoulder, “Let’s go.”

Woohyun looked at him sadly.

“We’ll come back later, I promised,” Sunggyu said, made the younger nodded in defeat.