Chapter 3

Broken Strings

thx for the people that have subscribed and commented.....

^^

***

That night, his brother never left Sungyeol alone at all. He kept his eyes on Sungyeol, visibly observed his every movements.

Sungyeol sighed, he couldn’t blame his brother. It’s his own fault for just leaving like that. He wondered what Sungjong’d feel if he really jumped of the cliff back then. He might be really hurt.

“Hyung, how about we get dinner outside? I don’t feel like cooking,” Sungjong suggested.

“Okay,” Sungyeol nodded in agreement, “Let’s go.”

There were some new cafes that have opened near the beach. Sungjong picked one small cafe that looked so comfortable from outside.

The bell rang when they entered the cafe. For second, Sungyeol closed his eyes and enjoyed the warmth inside the cafe.

“Welcome,” a voice greeted them, “For how many people?”

Stood before him, was a handsome man with captivating smile.

“Two,” Sungjong answered.

“This way, please,” that handsome waiter brought them to the empty table in the back section of the cafe.

“Thanks,” Sungjong smiled gratefully. The waiter gave them the menu.

“Hyung, what do you want to eat?” Sungjong asked, eyes scanned the menu in his hand.

“Just get anything that you want, Sungjong – ah,” Sungyeol answered. In the end Sungjong chose the dinner for both of them.

Sungyeol looked around the cafe, it was really comfortable and clean. His gaze fell on one side of the cafe, where a lot of photos were glued to the wall. He stood up and approached the wall.

“Hyung, where are you going?” Sungjong asked. But he didn’t answer.

Pinned to the wall, each photos showed different people. But most of them had the same expression. Wide and bright smiles were plastered on their face.

Sungyeol wondered when did the last time he make such an expression. Smiled so widely that the happiness was clearly shown on his face.

“Interesting, isn’t it?” a voice was startling him. He turned his face and found the handsome waiter was standing next to him.

“Yeah,” Sungyeol’s eyes back to the photos, scanned it one by one.

“People always fond to keep their happy memories. Lots of them use photograph to do that. It’s started by this couple over there,” he pointed to the picture of an old couple in the highest row, “They asked our permission to put the photo in this wall since it’s the last day they spent in Korea before they went abroad. And they wanted to leave some good memories here.”

Sungyeol looked at the picture of that old couples, he could clearly see the love that the couple showed. With the way both of them smiled widely toward the camera, while their hand entwined tightly.

“After that, a lot of visitors of this cafe asked us the same thing. That’s why we provide this wall for people who wanted to leave their photograph here.”

“Woohyun!” a call made the waiter turned around.

“Well, my duty is calling,” he chuckled, “You can put your photograph too, if you wanted.”

He left Sungyeol and approached a really cute guy with small eyes, like a hamster. Sungyeol couldn’t help but smiled, since the hamster guy scolded Woohyun. He could see that Woohyun tried to argue and whine, but the hamster guy smacked the back of his head instead. Made it hard for him to hold his chuckle.

He walked back to his table, where Sungjong smiled widely.

“What?” he raised his brows to Sungjong.

“Nothing,” Sungjong shook his head. Sungyeol just shrugged it off. Knowing how weird his brother could be.

Sungjong was really happy, for the first time in the long time, he could see a real smile on Sungyeol’s face when the later looked at the waiter and some other guy few minutes ago.

Their dinner has arrived. Just by looking at it, the nausea was rising rapidly on his throat.

“Enjoy your dinner,” Woohyun said with a wink. Made Sungjong laughed by his greasiness. While Sungyeol just nodded politely at Woohyun that retreated back to his place.

He watched his brother took a big bite and smiled instantly.

“It’s really good, hyung,” Sungjong said with mouth full.

Sungyeol reached out slowly, and took a small bite. The food was really delicious. But it didn’t help reduced any nausea that he felt.

“Hyung,” Sungjong called, “Are you okay?”

“Yeah, don’t worry,” Sungyeol shrugged him off, tried to focus on his food.

He took another small bite, but it’s wrong choice. The bile was rising uncontrollably and  he wanted to throw up.

“Bathroom,” Sungyeol just managed that one word, before made a run, literally, toward the sign of the bathroom.

He entered the only cubicle on the restroom and opened the toilet lids. He was really grateful that he made it on time. He coughed several times, once he finished emptied his stomach. His throat was hurt as he inhaled few shaky breaths.

He flushed the toilet and wiped his mouth with the back of his hand. He nearly jumped in surprise when he found the hamster guy that he saw before was standing on the doorway, looked at him worriedly.

“Are you okay,” that hamster guy asked, looked at his movement carefully. Sungyeol nodded as he made his way toward the wastafel. the faucet, he collected a handful of water to rinse his mouth. He repeated that action several times until the disgusting taste has gone.

“Is something wrong  with the food,” the hamster guy asked, “I’m really sorry if it’s the case.”

Sungyeol smiled weakly, “No, it’s not the food. I’m not feeling well, that’s all.”

“Are you sure?” the hamster guy looked unconvinced.

“Yeah,” Sungyeol nodded reassuringly.

“Hyung? You okay?”

“I’m fine, Sungjong – ah, sorry for making you worry.”

“Do you want to go home now?”

“But your dinner?”

“It’s okay, I’m full anyway. Just let me pay the bill first, okay?” Sungjong left him alone with the hamster guy. He was feeling slightly dizzy.

“Hey, you okay there?” the hamster guy caught him when he stumbled slightly.

Sungyeol nodded weakly.

“You looked so pale, you need to take a rest once you arrive in your house, arasso?” the hamster guy tried to steady him upward, “come on, walk slowly.”

He brought Sungyeol to Sungjong that has just finished the bill. Carefully, he  released Sungyeol, that swayed to the side slightly, but managed to stay upright.

“Thank you,” Sungjong said to the hamster guy. He grabbed a hold on Sungyeol, guided him gently.

Both of them made their way oustide, didn’t aware by the looks that were given by certain people.

***

“Drink this, hyung,” Sungjong handed him some medicines.

“I don’t want to,” sugyeol said, turned his his back toward his brother.

Sungjong sighed, but tried to persuade him again, “Hyung, you got a fever. You need to drink this medicine.”

“It’d getting better in no time, Sungjong – ah, no need to take the medicine.”

“Hyung, just drink it. For me. Do  you want to put me in the difficulties if you were sick?”

That’s it. Sungjong knew which button to press to make his hyung did as he was told to.

“Fine,” Sungyeol straigtened up, he took the medicine and the glass of water, swallowed it in one big gulp.

Sungjong smiled, then pushed Sungyeol gently to lay on his bed. He pulled the cover up under Sungyeol’s chin, “Sleep well, hyung. Goodnight.”

He planted soft kiss on Sungyeol’s forehead.

“Goodnight,” Sungyeol said softly, closed his eyes once Sungjong turned off the lamp.