Food Can Change a Man

What's So Fun About Halloween?

 

"Woohoo! Food! It's here it's here it's here~! Finally oh my goodness I thought I was going to starve to death. Can you please hurry up Kyungsoo? You too Lay. I want my food. Oh I can just smell it from here. I can't wait for this! I feel like I've been waiting forever! It's coming! Soon I shall be able to taste the wond-"

"Alright! We get it, you're hungry. Now could you please shut your mouth before it falls off?" Xiumin cried out, trying to desperately block the constant talking from his ears. The elder was only ignored of course, for the dancing machine had no intention of stopping and continued to blab on about food.

"KIM JONGIN!!! If you don't shut up right now, you will get NOTHING from me for the rest of the night!" The umma finally snapped, shutting the boy up instantly. The entire room seemed to tense up too. Baekhyun stopped beating his head on the table and Chanyeol froze in his seat. Seems like no one wants to lose their dinner today... Can't blame them. The aroma in the air would make your mouth water just from a little sniff. It smelled absolutely delicious and everyone was antsy. Even I, the supposedly 'calm' one, was drumming my knuckles on the table. "Okay guys! It's all done~" Kyungsoo chirped, a complete 180 from before.

Cheers and cries of joy were heard as Kyungsoo and Lay brought the trays of food to the table. Kai looked like he was about to hyperventilat- oh wait, he actually is. As the two moms approached us, I could feel my nose go numb from the sheer smell. The second the first place was set on the table, Kai ravished it like there was no tomorrow. Kyungsoo jumped back at the sudden attack but quickly recovered. Lay chuckled from the side and set the rest of the plates down. "Slow down Kai. You're gonna choke." He warned, patting Kai on the back when he did indeed,  choke on the food. Kyungsoo placed a plate in front of me, and I swear heaven's light was shining on it.

In front of me, was the most delicious looking plate of kimchi spaghetti I've ever laid my eyes on. It wasn't just like any regular kimchi spaghetti, oh no. The sauce was a blood red and sprinkled with many types of cheeses. The noodles were a light yellow but glossed over with the perfect amount of oil. And the best part of it was; Tiny shreds of bacon were scattered throughout the plate. Yep, bacon. That just made this dish so much better. No wonder Kai's inhaling eating it so quickly.

Speaking of which, the mentioned maknae had just finished his plate and was now begging the moms for seconds. It followed with 'nos' and puppy eyes and constant whimpering and 'I'll-be-your-slaves' before Kyungsoo and Lay went back to make more. I scoffed when Kai started doing little pirouettes in celebration. Show-off. Instead choosing to eat the paradise in front of me, I grabbed a fork and gave it a bite.

Holy crap.

This is good.

"Holy mother of all- Kyungsoo, Lay, you really outdid yourself." I halted, continuing to gobble up more of the amazing dish... quite unattractively. But I didn't care. "Unff... I swear to God I will marry the both of you right now if it means I get to eat this."

Cries of shock erupted from the maknaes while the Baekyeol couple were too busy scarfing down to notice. Kyungsoo and Lay just laughed and joked about the legalness of my statement. Kai shot me a glare and snarled. "Back off leader. They're mine." Usually, I would scoff and say something along the lines of 'they're-all-yours' and 'take-thems'. But tonight was another story.

"No way! Who says? You can't just call dibs on someone. Let alone two different, very respectable people." I argued, surprising everyone around me and even myself. Chanyeol stopped eating for a second to look at me, but he quickly resumed in his active consumption. Baekhyun only raised an eyebrow, continuing to pick out the bacon pieces on his plate and tossing them on Chanyeol's. 'It doesn't feel right, it's like I'm eating myself. And besides, bacon is fattening and I don't want to gain weight' he states. Junmyeon just stared at me, probably shocked that his co-leader said such a thing.

"I do! Besides, you already have Tao! If it gets you to leave us alone, then you can have Suho too! You three can marry each other and have wonderful, mixed Korean-Chinese babies and grow old together with your children being whatever the heck they want. As long as you stay away from my wives!" Kai hissed, running towards the cooking moms and standing by them defensively. Tao looked up from his plate, his face starting to turn red. Junmyeon choked on his water and began sputtering nonsense.

I felt my face burn from embarrassment. Stupid maknae. Standing up, I headed towards him with anger and humiliation dancing in my eyes. "Kai... Why you little..." I growled, fists clenching. I wasn't truly that angry at him, just needed a way to vent out my frustration mixed with embarrassment. He backed away, beads of sweat starting to form.

"H-Hey... I was just kidding haha... We can share rig- AH!!" He didn't continue, choosing instead to sprint out of the room. I followed him out, pretending to be angry at him. Gotta get my revenge right?

Seeing the faint silhouette of him in the distance, I jogged in the direction. It seems like he's heading to his and Kyungsoo's room. How typical. I heard him slam the door to the room loudly before I reached it. How subtle of him, he didn't even bother to lock it. Rolling my eyes, I slowly opened the door and peered inside. "Kai... Come on out... I know you're in there. Might as well give up and take your punishment like a man." I whispered, the sudden darkness urging me to do so. Turning on the light, I was met with half a messy room. With one half covered in dirty laundry and filth, and the other looking spotless. Hard to tell which side is whose. The dancing machine was nowhere to be found though. I checked the bathroom, closet, and even under the bed. "Kid must've slipped away when I wasn't looking."

Pivoting, I turn off the lights and closed the door. Guess he must be in the kitchen then, there's no way he's gonna miss out on KyungLay's cooking just because he's scared of me. Smiling a bit, I headed back towards the kitchen. When I opened the door, I expected to see certain things. Kai inhaling his food like usual, Chanyeol and Baekhyun acting like they're in some stupid drama and being all lovey-dovey. Tao politely eating while he regularly pats Kai on the back when he accidentally chokes on his food. Which would be a lot. Kyungsoo admiring his work while sporadically hitting Kai upside the head when the said maknae gets slobber all over the table. Xiumin with his cheeks looking like a baozi as he tries to eat in his costume. And Junmyeon and Lay being stupidly shy with each other, with timid glances and bashful passing of foods from one plate to another.

What I was not expecting was for the room to be deserted. Broken plates were scattered around the floor. The table was flipped over sideways and spots of crimson red were splattered all over the walls. Shocked, I stumbled backwards and hit the kitchen door. What on earth happened in here? Did they get into a fight or something? Mayb- My thoughts were cut off by an earsplitting screech.