Some Costumes are Good... Some Are Not

What's So Fun About Halloween?

 

“Kris…Wake up…” I grunted and pulled the sheets over my head, not wanting to be disturbed of my sleep. The person only seemed to become more determined and shook me violently. “Get up!!” I shot up and rubbed my eyes, still groggy from my nap. Turns out it was Junmyeon who awoke me. He had his hands on his hips and looked at me accusingly.
 
“Ugh…What do you want?” I croaked, my voice laced with sleep. His glare only persisted as he dragged me out of bed and threw a bag at me. I barely managed to catch it before it hit my face. “What’s this?” I asked, peering inside the plastic to find a robe and a crown.
 
“It’s your costume silly! I didn’t think you had one so I had Sehun buy you one from the store. The party is about to start!” He chirped excitedly, pushing me towards the bathroom. “Now hurry up and change! Everyone else is dressed already and I have yet to change into costume.” I was about to protest but he only slammed the door in my face. Why do people keep doing that? Aish…
 
Although I wasn’t all too thrilled with the idea of a Halloween party, I was curious as to what everyone would dress up as. I looked inside the bag; it seemed to be a king’s costume. Well at least Sehun chose something that would suit me. Dumping the contents of the bag onto the sink table, I began to dress myself.
 
Once I was done, I took a glance at myself in the mirror. Admittedly, I looked pretty good. The robe was a daring red and stretched down to my knees. The crown was golden yellow, studded with realistic jewels and engravings. The outfit was quite comfortable and it was easy for me to move around too. Sehun sure knows how to pick ‘em.
 
I take one last look at myself before exiting out the bathroom. Just as I was about to shut the door, I suddenly felt a weight on top of me.
Collapsing at the abrupt force, I fell onto the wooden floor. The person on top of me pinned my arms down and looked me straight in the eye. “Don’t move. Resistance would be futile.” Judging by the facial structure and voice, I was almost certain it was a male. He was wearing a black suit complete with a mask that covered his face. It looked like a cross between a ninja and a burglar outfit. His eyes were the only thing I could see, and something about them seemed…familiar?
 
“I wasn’t planning to anyways. Now unhand me Tao, I know it’s you.” I replied, rolling my eyes when his sharp gaze drooped into one of disappointment. He let go of my arms and took off his mask, showing the pout that he now wore. Getting up, I dusted myself off and flicked him on the nose. “It’s not good to jump on people randomly like that.” I scolded, making him pout even more.
 
“I wanted to scare you gege…How could you keep so calm when someone suddenly attacks you?” He questioned, tilting his head to the side. I could feel a faint blush tint my cheeks from his action. This boy is too cute for his own good…
 
“I-I don’t know, I j-just don’t.” I stuttered, mentally cursing myself for being so nervous. He noticed my shakiness and put a hand to my forehead, which of course caused me to turn even redder.
 
“Are you okay gege? Your face is red and you’re stuttering. If you don’t feel well you don’t have to attend the party.” He said, his voice lacing with worry. I shook my head, giving a smile for assurance. Gently taking his hand, I pull him out of the room, making sure to turn off the lights. Wouldn’t want to waste any electricity…
 
“I’m fine. Now let’s go, I’m sure the others are waiting for us.” I said, pointing towards the living room. Tao nodded and skipped ahead in the direction of the noise. I was about to follow but then I halted when I heard a faint thumping sound. I turned around, expecting to see someone or even something. But I was only greeted with the still darkness and silence. Huh, that’s odd…Must’ve been my imagination then. All of those late nights we spend practicing are really getting to me.
 
Shaking my head, I turn back and started to follow Tao who was already way ahead of me. Once I finally caught up to him, he was already in the living room with everyone else. He was chatting animatedly with Baekhyun and Xiumin. Baekhyun was dressed as a vampire, with his hair slicked back and fake fangs attached. He even had pale skin and some eyeliner on to make himself more realistic. He greeted me with a simple wave before turning back to Xiumin; who was a…Rubik’s cube?
 
The baozi man had on a 3x3 Rubik’s cube puzzle costume that changed its colors every minute. It was so elaborate and it makes me wonder where he got it. And as much as I'd hate to admit it, it was a bit cool.
 
 
Okay kinda cool.
 
 
Alright, it was just plain awesome.
 
 
Not that he'll ever know.
 
 
Xiumin finally noticed me from the corner of his eye and smiled. I don’t know if it meant as a greeting or if he just thought I looked ridiculous...Probably the latter.
 
Then, Kai stumbled into the room from the kitchen with a massive bump on his head. I was surprised since he was just wearing a tank top and slacks. I thought Junmyeon said everyone was dressed... Kai stared at me dully - which I can only assume is a 'hello' - before belly flopping onto the couch, murmuring something about ‘stingy moms’ and ‘I just wanted a taste’. It was then that I noticed Chanyeol who was sitting on a chair , grinning creepily and thinking about God knows what. He also didn't have a costume on; just a pair of sweats. Either Junmyeon didn't mean 'everyone' when he said 'everyone'...Or he mistook Chanyeol's plain outfit for a serial killer in disguise...It's not hard.
 
Clearing my throat, I snapped him out of his trance and he tackled me into a bear hug. “Kris! You’re finally here! Good thing too ‘cause I can’t wait to show you my costume! I bought it just for you, so don’t go anywhere! I’ll be right back~!” And with that, he sped off towards who knows where and left me there with a throbbing earache. Why do I always have to deal with the loud ones?
 
“What did he just say?” Groaned Kai; aka the big lump sprawled out on the couch.
 
“I don’t know…I just heard a buzz.” I replied, plopping down beside the dancing machine. “Aren’t you gonna dress up? Out of all people I thought you’d be the first to.” He looked up from his ‘dear-lord-help-me’ slash ‘I-need-food’ position and shot me a glare.
 
“No. Too tired." Kai deapanned, burying his face into the couch cushion. I tried hard not to scoff. Is this the same guy who was gushing on about how awesome Halloween was just a few hours ago? I swear, these kids can be so bipolar.
 
"Yeah, whatever. Where's Junmyeon? He said he was going to change into his costume. And unless-" I stopped, gaping at the ridiculous sight in front of me. What in the name of all things holy...