Final Chapter

What's So Fun About Halloween?

 

It was a piercing sound, shrill and menacing. I thought my ears were going to start bleeding anytime soon. My heart quickened and slowly I could feel panic rising in my chest. Wait, calm down Kris. This must be some kind of prank by the others. Right... Reassuring myself, I took a few deep breaths and relaxed. See? There's nothing to be afrai- The lights suddenly went off, engulfing the entire room in pitch black and interrupting my train of thought. I flinched, the abrupt darkness making me feel small. Eyes widening, I could feel my heart drumming in my chest and my hands get clammy.

This is just a prank. Just a prank. "H-Haha guys... Nice t-try! But you're n-not gonna scare me that e-easily..." I stuttered, trying as hard as I could to sound confident. I can't let them know that I'm nervous. This isn't scary. Not at all. I was only met with silence, the pounding of my heart being the only way I knew time was passing. Any second now, Chanyeol will come out from somewhere and start pouting like he always does. Yeah...

Standing up, I struggle to make my way over to the light switch in the darkness. The broken shards on the ground were hard to avoid and I almost slipped on something. When I finally reached where the switch should be, I fumbled around to flip it. But instead of meeting with the rough texture of the wall or a light switch, my damp hands touched something else. Something soft yet cold. A bit curious, I felt around it. I could feel two holes... And a mouth...

Slowly pulling my hand back, I squinted to try and make out who or what was in front of me. Cold and steady puffs of air escaped from it and something about smelled... meaty? My eyes bulged, oh no. This can't be... No way. Hearing the 'thing' step towards me, I stagger backwards but tripped on air. My head hit the ceramic floor and I felt dizzyness hit me like a brick. The figure made it's way over to me and shuffled around. I couldn't see what it was doing but fear was creeping up in every inch of my body. I was shaking uncontrollably and I was sweating a Niagra Falls.

Then, the lights and blinded my vision for a minute. When I could finally open them again, I was met with the most hideous face in the world staring back at me. It's mouth was stretched into a dreadful grin, teeth bared and stained with blood. The thing has no nose, only two small holes where it should've been. And it's eyes were the worst; Hollow with maggots crawling out of the sockets. It had on a white dress, bloodstained and dirty. I screamed in terror, not caring if this was a joke or not. Scrambling away, I ignored the cuts on my hands and hysterically tried to escape. I ran out of the kitchen, still traumatized by that horrific sight.

I sprinted across the halls to the front door. I needed to get out of there. Slamming open the door, my heart drumming wildly against my chest. My hopes of escaping safely were quickly shattered as I faced a more horrific sight. I thought the last one was bad, but this. This just beats it by a landslide.

Facing me, was the creepiest doll in the world. The head was tilted 90 degrees to the left, and it's eyes were wide. It's skin was sickly pale and it had on the blood red kimono. Suddenly, it's mouth started clattering, making goosebumps appear on my arms. "Play with me Kris. Play with me." It said, sending chills down my spine. I wanted to leave but my feet were frozen from fear. I tried my best to move but they seemed glued to the floor. "You want to leave? No... Don't leave me. Don't leave me Kris. I can't let you do this..." It cried, voice turning shrill. The eyes started to pool up, not with tears, but blood. "I won't let you leave."

The doll started to approach me, it's head still tilted and eyes still tearing up blood. I felt fear in every part of my body, and my heart seemed to big for my chest. My hair was completely drenched and worse of all, I still couldn't move. The doll leaned in, and it was then that I lost it. The bloody eyes me in, the sickening grin plastered on it's face... I couldn't take it anymore.

I fainted.

 

~*~

 

When I woke up, the bright lights stunned me for a second before I realized what happened. Panic quickly rose in my chest as I searched around the room for the doll. I was in Chanyeol's room, with Junmyeon sitting on the floor. He noticed that I was awake, and cheerfully called everyone into the room. The other members rapidly shuffled into the now cramped bedroom and grinned at me. I was apalled, too surprised to form any coherent sentences. "Y-You guys... Wha-? I..."

Kai grinned from the corner and started laughing. "We got you leader! You were so scared that you fainted! Hahaha!" Laughter soon ensued from the others, snorts and guffaws mixed with giggles and snickers. There were a few guilty glances sent my way but I was too shocked to care. My jaw went slack and my eyes widened into saucers. So it was a prank... Oh my god.

"W-What?! Y-You mean... You guys... That was all a joke?!!" I screamed, the fear quickly being replaced with anger. Everyone stopped laughing and the room suddenly went quiet. "Well?! Isn't somebody going to say something?" I demanded, enraged now that I knew that I almost had a heart attack because of a little prank.

"Y-Yeah... W-We wanted to scare y-you, you k-know... For H-Halloween spirit..." Kai shakily voiced, hiding behind Kyungsoo when I shot him a menacing glare. "We didn't mean for it to go that far. We didn't think it'd upset you so much. I'm so- We're sorry..." He whimpered. I stood up, making everybody flinch. Making my way over to Kai, I ignored the frightened looks etched across everyone's features. "S-Sehun was the one who came up with it! Please don't hurt me!!" Kai cried, curling up into a ball when Kyungsoo abandoned him for the corner on the opposite side.

Crouching down, I patted the boy gently on the back. He stopped shaking and looked up at me with teary eyes. "It's... fine. Although I should be mad at you guys... Seeing how happy it made you guys, I guess I'll let it slide." The room went silent, but I could feel the tension ease away. Soon cheers of gratitude were heard and everyone was happy again. "But don't do it again okay? I almost had a !" I playfully warned, chuckling at the 'yes-sirs' that erupted from everybody. Kai got up and tackled me into a hug, chanting 'thank-you' over and over again. Tao and Luhan joined us in the hug, and pretty soon; it was one big group hug. "Gah! Get off me guys! As heartwarming as this is, I feel gross hugging eleven other guys in a cramped room. Let's go back outside."

They agreed, leaving the room and heading towards the kitchen. Everyone except Sehun and me had left already. "Hey, ya coming leader? Kyungsoo and Lay are making special Halloween themed cupcakes." He said, cocking his head since I hadn't moved from my spot. I nodded, following him out the door.

"Let me ask you something maknae. How did you plan all this?" I questioned, my chin and smirking. Sehun chuckled and raised an eyebrow.

"What? Am I in trouble?" He playfully asked.

"No no... I'm just curious." I defended, closing the door and of course, remembering to turn off the lights.

"Ah... Well, I was preparing for it for a while now. I'm well aware of your distaste for Halloween. So I decided to make this year a little different. I let the others in on my plan a week ago, and Chanyeol today, since... Well, you know how he can be with secrets." He paused and waited for me to follow him. I motioned for him to carry on before fixing my hair. He rolled his eyes but continued anyways. "So when you guys were eating, I snuck into the dorm with Luhan and Chen to signal Kai his instructions. Everyone played along and Kai got you out of the room like he was told to. Lay followed you just in case anything went wrong but it all played out fine. Then, we quickly, but quietly, messed up the kitchen and left before you came back. Kai did go into his room by the way, he just climbed out the window." Ah... The window, of course. "Anyways, when you came back, me and Luhan dressed up and Chen was the one of cut the lights from the generator. I was the one with the maggot eyes and Luhan was the doll. Baekhyun called a makeup artist to help us look scary. And boy she did a fantastic job."

I 'ahhed', realization dawning on me. "You did a good job Sehun. Sure fooled me." I praised, making him blush a little.

"Well I just wanted Halloween to be fun for you. It's really a fun holiday, you just gotta look at it with a different perspective." He shyly said, rubbing the nape of his neck.

"It was fun, so thank you." I grinned, causing the boy to turn redder in the face. We were in the living room now, about to enter the kitchen. Before he opened the door, I pulled him back. "Sehun! Wait..." He looked at me curiously and I smiled. "You guys did clean up right?"

Sehun laughed, eyes crinkling into cresents as he nodded. "Haha, we did leader. Don't worry." Opening the door to the kitchen, he skipped ahead of me.

He sat next to Luhan and the two quickly started talking about next year's Halloween. Chen was shooting spitballs at a certain, red faced baozi as he tried to eat in peace. Baekhyun and Chanyeol were making kissy face at each other, choosing rather to eat each other faces than the cupcakes in front of them. Ew. Kai was of course, scarfing down on five cupcakes at once, gettting everything everywhere. Kyungsoo sat next to him, desperately trying to get the boy to slow down. Junmyeon and Lay were being freaking awkward, as usual. With Junmyeon sputtering like a fool when Lay wiped some cream off his nose. Tao was the only one who noticed me, smiling and patting the seat beside him.

I gladly joined, making myself comfortable on the leather chair. Everyone was still unaware of my presence, too busy with each other to care about anything else. I smiled warmly at the others before shaking my head. "What's on your mind gege?" Tao asked, hand resting on my thigh. It felt warm. I sighed and turned to face him. Shrugging, I answered wryly.

"Maybe Halloween isn't so bad after all."

 

~*~

 

OMG It's finally over ;A; Now I can sleep with ease xD DAW~ Aren't the couples adorable? :'D Kris has a little soft spot for the maknaes hehe~ Especially a certain panda... Sorry if the 'horror' part was boring >< Its my first time writing horror, or anything scary for that matter so please excuse my lack of talent ;A; But I'm satisfied with this, especially since there were alot of times when I had no idea how to continue xD Well anyways, I hoped you enjoyed reading ^^