Trust me

The place where I belong

 

Hyunae:

I wave to Dongsun as he runs back to the little restaurant. When I look around, I don’t see Kevin. This makes me panic, but soon enough I see him only a few paces away from me. He looks angry again, like before. He looked somewhere between tired, sad and angry, I thought he was maybe getting sick. But now, he’s clearly angry and frustrated. I catch up to him.

“Kevin, are you sure nothing is wrong?” I ask him. He shakes his head.

“Nothing’s wrong” he says. He doesn’t convince me, I know something is wrong. Did I do something wrong?

“Are you sure?” I ask.

“Yes, I’m sure!” he yells while he turns around abruptly: “What would be wrong?!”

I look at him surprised. I knew it, he is mad at me. I did something wrong, and now I only annoyed him more. I look down. He’s starting to hate me again.

“I’m sorry” I say. I don’t know what I did, but I don’t want him to hate me. He walks on and I follow him. I look at his empty hand. It’ felt so nice when we were holding hands. Now, he probably doesn’t want to hold hands anymore. I sigh. We keep walking for a while like this, saying nothing, until Kevin’s phone suddenly rings.

“Ah, hyung” I hear him say when he picks up the phone. I know by the way that he’s talking that it’s Soohyun on the other side of the line. They talk for a little while.

“Ok, hyung” he says and he ends the call. He turns around and looks at me.

“Our schedule moved, they’re starting earlier than planned. We should start heading in that direction” he says. I look at him, at his face, his eyes. He doesn’t seem angry anymore, that’s somehow a relief. Instead of angry, he looks sad and it worries me. He sighs and smiles at me. Even though I can see he’s trying really hard, I notice it’s not a real smile. He’s faking it.

“Let’s get going, ok?” he days. I nod and follow him while we walk towards the park.

 

 

Kevin:

“Kevin shii… Kevin shii…” I hear a woman say.

“Oi, phabo, listen when people call you” Soohyun says as he hit’s the back of my head. I literally get hit out of my line of thought.

“Ai, hyung, that hurt!” I yell and look at him. He points at the woman who’s standing behind me and who is trying to do my hair.

“Kevin shii, could you tilt your head please?” she asks me.

“Ah, yes, I’m sorry” I say and I do what she asked me.

“Did you guys fight again?” Soohyun asks me. He’s standing behind me, next to the lady who’s doing my hair, and looks at me in the mirror. I don’t answer and look away.

“So did you?” he asks again. Did we? I don’t know. I know I got really frustrated and angry, but I still don’t understand why. I hear Soohyun sigh. When I look at him, he’s lightly shaking his head and massaging temples.

“If you do something stupid again, I won’t be holding back like I did last time. And I hit harder than Chohee does!” he says and walks away. I look at my own reflection in the mirror. Soohyun hyung is right. I already messed up once. I already hurt and almost lost her once. I can’t allow something like that to happen again!

“You’re all done” the woman behind me says. I stand up and turn towards her.

“Thank you, keep up the good work” I say and I bow. She bows back. I start thinking where Hyunae could be, she has to be running around here somewhere. I run around looking for her but I can’t find her. I enter one of the rooms we’ll use for the shoot before we go outside to shoot the second part. It seems to be emty.

“If it isn’t the great Kevin Woo” someone says. I look around from where the sound come from and see Dongsun.

“Someone called in a delivery, I hope you don’t mind me looking around?” he says with a weird kind of his face. I want to kick him out, say he’s not welcome. Him being here annoys me, even more than I thought it would. Instead I shake my head.

“No, not at all, go ahead” I say. He nods and looks around. Suddenly, he walks in my direction. He doesn’t stop until he’s close, very close, uncomfortably close. He puts his face really close to mine and pinches his eyes together.

“So you are ‘the’ Kevin Woo?” he asks and takes a step back and fully inspects me.

“And you really think you could make it work between you and Hyunae?” he asks and keeps glaring at me.

“Excuse me?!” I ask him a little agitated.

“Well it’s clear enough you like her” he says and he crosses his arms.

“So the great Kevin Woo falls for a regular fan, that’s cute. But do you really believe you can give her what she needs. Or do you think being an idol is enough? You should know as well as I do that Hyunae isn’t that simple” he continues. This guy is really pissing me of again. Who does he think he is?

“Why are you being so rude to me? Aren’t you afraid Hyunae will hate you if she knew?” I bite back. I smirks.

“I know your kind, you wouldn’t tell. You know she thinks of me as an important friend and you would rather feel troubled yourself instead of making her feel bad” he says. He’s right, I absolutely hate to admit it but he’s right. I wouldn’t tell her about it ‘cause it would indeed just make her feel bad.

“It’s seems you have known her for a little while now. How long have you known her and you have still not made a move? Even though it’s quite obvious you like her…” he says and looks at me with that annoying judging look on his face.

“Well, it seems this is going to be an easy win. Enjoy your last moments together with hyunae cause I’ll be taking her” he says and takes a few steps back as if he is getting ready to leave.

“Kevin! Kevin!” I hear a familiar voice shout.

“Kevin! Where are you, they have to- oh there you are” Hyunae says and smiles when she sees me. Her smile changes into surprise when she notices Dongsun next to me.

“Eh, why are the two of you together?” she asks. I open my mouth to say something, but before I can even make a sound, Dongsun answer her.

“I came to ask Kevin if he would mind if I took you to diner this evening” he says and smiles to Hyunae: “He told me he didn’t mind.”

I look surprised at Dongsun as he walks over to Hyunae and takes her hand.

“Let’s have fun, kay?” he says and winks. That guy really makes me feel like I’m about to explode.

“Kevin, is it really ok?” she asks me. I really want to say that it isn’t ok, that I don’t want to give her to that jerk, but it would just hurt her and she’ll think I’m annoying.

“He thought you would like it, seeing how we haven’t seen each other in such a long time, he thought it would be nice if we could catch up a bit” he tells her.

“Kevin?” Hyunae says and looks at me. She looks at me with a certain kind of look in her eye that I don’t really know. I know I can’t refuse without making myself look like a jerk so I sigh and put on a fake smile.

“It’s ok, go and have fun” I say but I directly regret saying that. I hate the fact that I’m giving that Dongsun guy a chance to be alone with her.

“Ah, Kevin, they’re all done, their waiting for you for a last check before they’ll start” she says. I nod and smile, ready to follow Hyunae.

“Ah, Hyunae, can you stay for a bit, than we can go over what we’ll do this evening” Dongsun says, stopping Hyunae.

“Kevin is a big guy, isn’t he. He will find his way back on his own, won’t he” he says and glares at me. Hyunae looks at me and I nod. I hate to leave her with this guy but I guess I have to.

“And, how did it go?” Soohyun asks when I return. I say nothing, I just sit down and sigh.

“Don’t tell me you weren’t able to make up with her” he says.

“It’s not that” I say and I tell him what happened this morning and just now. He sighs and shakes his head.

“You sure know how to make a mess of it all. It’s not that you’ll lose her that easy, just don’t make the lady wait too long, kay? Even a sweet girl like Hyunae will get tired of waiting” he says before we all get called to gather and start with the shoot.

 

Hyunae:

“Are you crazy? It looks way too fancy!” I tell Dongsun, trying to stop him from entering a way to high class looking restaurant.

“It’ll be ok, just wait and see” he says and grins.

“Welcome back, Daisuke dono” the woman at the entrance says and she bows to him.

“Dono?” I ask him.

“Yep, this is one of the restaurants my stepfather owns” he says calmly while he guides me to a table in the back. He pulls back a chair to let me sit down in and signs a waiter.

“So, you like him?” Dongsun asks after the waiter brought us our drinks and left with our orders. His question almost makes me choke in my drink.

“Eh?” I ask, still kind of shocked from his sudden question.

“Well, you like him don’t you, Kevin” he repeats: “It’s quite obvious actually.”

It is? Him saying that makes me blush.

“Ha! I’m right” he says and I look away.

“Even though it’s been this long, I can still look right through you” he says proudly: “So, what does he think about you?”

I sigh and look at him.

“Don’t tell me you don’t know” he asks surprised.

“I don’t” I say.

“Hmm, that doesn’t sound too good. Well you know, you could also just forget him and move on to another guy” he says calmly. I quickly look op to him. Give up and move on?!

“Woah, swift reaction! I guess that’s a no” he says and laughs.

“Don’t worry, I just want to help you, nothing more” he says: “Trust me.”

 

AN: Hii guys, sorry for the wait, i was a bit busy so i didn't have much time to write TT TT but, i had time to think so writing the next few chapters shouldn't be too hard >:3 What about our mystery guy Dongsun? Is he going to snatch Hyunae away from Kevin? Does he really just want to help Hyunae with getting Kevin or does he have a hidden agenda? Muhahahahaa, you'll have to wait >:3 enjoy ^w^

Ps: thanks to all you guys who are reading this, subscribing and commenting ^w^ thankies <3