Chapter 4

I will try for your love

Hey guys, sorry for the late update :(

But you should know that I love you a lottttttt for supporting and reading :)

So I'll try my best to update as soon as I can :D

Uhm....So this chapter will be completely a Peniel's POV 

Hope you guys enjoy it :D


Words in italic are thought and thinking


 

 

Peniel's POV

 

 

I slam the car's door behind me and take a good look at the mansion in front of my eyes.

It was painted up with white which somehow makes it looks royal and luxurious. However, even though it is quite late at night, I couldn't really understand why there must be so much light shining from the mansion. It's like every single light inside the house is , in spite of the fact that there are not that many people actually living in it. I guess my dad really doesn't miss any chance to show off his wealth to all the passerby, being as arrogant as he is.

 

And it is said that I've got this exact feature from my dad.

But whatever. Those who says that clearly knows nothing about me.

 

 

As much as I hate my dad's cockiness, I must admit that he got some good taste in house-decorating. The white hue he chose to paint the house with not only makes the whole mansion look elegant, but also helps it stand out perfectly against the surrounding garden.

 

The garden...At least he knows better not to touch it while I'm gone

I give a sigh of relief as I examine the nice-looking garden closely.

 

This garden is the only place in the house that I truly love. It is filled with memories of my mother. Those happy days when my mom would take my hands and show me different kinds of flowers and trees. How to tell them apart. How to plant and take care of a certain kind.

 

I still remember how soft my mother's hands were. How they caressed mine with full of love. How they made me realize that I've always beem loved by her, and always will.

 

I still remember how sweet-smelling her hair was. I have never stopped wondering how she got that beautiful scent. I love and miss that fragrance so much, that I even silently made a promise to myself that I will marry whoever has that exact scent on her hair.

 

I still remember my mother's gentle voice. When she called my name to pull me into a tight hug. When she laughed at one of my silly, childish jokes. When she whispered into my ears her dying words before she passed away. Before she left me and dad forever.

 

.-.-.

 

"Young master, Master is..."

"Yeah I know. I'll be up in a minute". I immediately cut my butler off short, not wanting him to witness a droplet of tear running down my face

 

Why am I always being like this when you come to my mind, Mom? 

I really miss you.

 

.-.-.

 

"Hi, Peniel. Welcome home"

I look at the direction where the voice came from.

"Hey Katrina", I put on a half-hearted smile as I awkwardly let her pull me into her hug. Her hug is nowhere close to my mother's.

 

Katrina is my dad's later wife, therefore it makes her my stepmother. And just like any other typical stepmom - stepchild relationship, I had a rough start on getting used to her presence. I instantly built my wall up against her, thinking that she was trying to take my mom away from me.

I know that was incredibly childish, but sorry, I was 10 when my mom departed this world.

 

After my father's remarriage, my hatred of Katrina and my dad was building up intensely, and it reached to the point that I didn't even want to see their face. Therefore I begged my dad to let me have my education in Chicago, where my cousin Hyunsik was living. I thought I just needed to get away from all the chaos for a moment. However, while staying there, I have built a rather strong brotherly relationship with Hyunsik and didn't want to leave him, so "a moment" turns into 10 years.

 

As time flies, I became more mature and thoughtful (well, it's kind of embarrassing saying that myself). I now believe that there's nothin wrong that my dad got married again. He deserves to have his own happiness, after working so hard in order to raise me all by hmself. He deserves a person who will always stays by his side and supports him. 

And Katrina is hust the right one.

 

Also, I think that Katrina is actually quite a nice person. As a stepmother, she tries a lot to make up my loss. She has always asked how my day was whenever I get back home after school. Even when I've moved to the States, she would video-called me about once a week. Nonetheless, I'm still not completely open up to her. I don't know why, but I guess I just need more time to get used to this whole stepmom - stepchild relationship.

 

.-.-.

 

"Your father is waiting for you upstairs", Katrina pulls away from the awkward hug.

"Thanks". I say as I drag my luggage with me.

he must be mad that I made him waiting this long.

 

.-.-.

 

"Hey Dad" 

I pop my head in his office, just to see a frustrated face looking back at me, while his fingers continue to move swiftly on the keyboard.

"Have I not teach you about common courtesy? Knock before coming in"

"Sorry", I mumble. Guess the grumbly old man hasn't changed at all.

"I thought you would be more mature after spending some time abroad alone. Especially when you were with such a considerate kid like Hyunsik. And why the hell did you run away from my chauffeur at the airport? I was worried to death, you know?"

I startle a little since I haven't been yelled at by him for a while. But I quickly regain my composure.

"I needed to get some fresh air. And I'm not a child anymore, I can come home on my own and whenever I want", I say and at the same time taking a peek at my dad.

He is obviously not satisfied with my answer, but he decides to let it go by letting out a small sigh.

"Sorry that I made you worried"

"Just let it go. Get ready for bed, it's quite late now. And I have something to tell you tomorrow"

"Ok...Uhm...Nice to see you again, Dad"

 

.-.-.

 

"Ah...So comfy..."

I chuckle at my fail attempt at being cute after I flopped on my extremely comfortable bed.

"What am I even thinking? Being cute is definitely not your forte, Peniel-ah", I whisper to myself.

I couldn't remember how many times I've tried to be cute before, by showing off aegyo. But all that I got back were Hyunsik's terrified eyes and his desperate beg for me not to do my aegyo ever again.

 

"Aegyo...That doe-eyed Sungjae boy would be perfect for those cute movements and actions"

Wait...What the hell am I thinking???

 

I could feel my cheeks heat up as the name of Sungjae was brought up. 

 

Damn it, what's wrong with you lately, Peniel?!!

I let out a groan as I climb into bed, try to make my imagination stop working and doze off.


I'm feeling like I bored you guys with my draggy story....

Sorry a lot :((

Please comment :) it's a really huge encouragement for me :)

Hugs and Kisses <3