Winter

4 Seasons

"Temperature of Korea is expected to drop to negative 16 degrees and snow will arrive, hitting the streets hard right before Christmas! Be safe everyone and try not to travel so much! This has been-" I switched off the television before the broadcaster finished. I sighed. I could not go on my trip that I have been planning for months. Snow was going to arrive. My getaway, all gone, unless I brave the snow. 

 

/the next day/

"Welcome to Starship Lodge. How may I help- OH MY GOODNESS!" The receptionist looked up to see a messed up me. I crashed into a tree when my car skidded, just 1km away from the lodge. I managed to crawl out of my car and tumble my way to the lodge entrance. Upon reaching the entrance of the lodge, I had used up all my energy, and I passed out. 

 

/a few hours later/

I sense that someone was staring at me, I slowly open my eyes to find a beautlful fair-skinned lady staring at my wound, which happen to be a broken nose. I sniffed and cringed, it had hurt real bad. 

"Are you okay? You had a broken nose, but I fixed it for you." The lady's voice was melodious, with a slight sweet tinge to it. I tried to touch my nose with my left hand but I could not lift it up. I turned my head to realise that my left hand is in a bandage. I had no choice but to ask her, what happened to me, since I could not remember any single thing. 

She then told me about how she found me passed out at the lodge's reception entrance. She then carried me to a room with the assistance of 2 male workers and then treated me. She was apparently a licensed doctor. How smart is she...  

I thanked her as much as I could, within the boundaries of my bed. She gave a shy smile and looked away. That was cute... she resembles Dasom... huh... She was leaving the room already but I have yet to find out her name. But my eyes were drooping and before I knew it, I was sedated into another round of sleeping. 

/the next day/

"Good morning! Time to take your medicine my dear." The same girl appeared with a tray of medicine and my breakfast. I struggled to get up then she helped me to prop the pillow properly so that I could have my meal. I then remembered that I do not know her name, and so I asked. She told me her name was a secret, then laughed. How adorable... I could not really use my left hand so I had to rely a little on her help to feed myself but all was well. My nose was healing fast and soon I will be able to get out of the room and get some fresh air. 

Two weeks quickly passed and my nose completely healed, and my hand could have some motion, I decided to go out to enjoy, but the beautiful lady was reluctant, so I dragged her along. We went to the non-skiing area where we laid down in snow and made snow-angels. I finally felt the burden released from the stress in the city, the sudden realization that I am not in Seoul but in a wonderful calm ski lodge makes it so much better. I let out a sigh of relief and looked at the lady, she was staring back at me. At that moment, I felt that our eyes were communicating. I moved closer to her, while standing up and helping her to stand. We got closer as I held her waist, and I leaned in for this small little kiss that made me believe that yes, she's the one. I had forgotten about Autumn, it was Winter and I have found her. 

I held her hands with my right hand, and we walked back together, joking around. But she still would not tell me her name, so I decided to name her Winter.