I

Alphabet Love

I is for ignorant

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Seohyun curiously watched as the teacher wrote on the board their agenda for the day. She smiled when she saw that it was on sine, cosine, and tangent. It was a hackneyed subject for her, so a break from the usual difficult Trigonometry subjects was a relief.  It was hard being one of the few sophomores in an otherwise all junior class. Looking at the clock, she realized that class would start shortly, and promptly began looking through her bag for the previous night's homework. Seohyun found it quickly (since her binder was so organized), then sat up straight and studied the board.  

Right before the bell rang, Luhan and a few other boys entered the classroom.  Shouldering his backpack, the Chinese boy walked straight to his seat in front of Seohyun with a perfectly blank face. Seohyun sighed with guilt for the millionth time. She wanted to reach out to him some way, but had no idea how to do that.

When the class got settled, the teacher, Mr. Choi, requested for everyone to take out their homework and pass it forward. He then started to hand out papers for the day's lesson.  Luhan turned around and took Seohyun's wordlessly and without a second glance.  A few moments later, he repeated the process but instead handed her a handful of papers to hand back.

It took a little time, but eventually Seohyun realized that Luhan had been rummaging through his bag for quite some time.  Interested, she watched as he scrambled and tore through his bag in a panic. Finally, he turned to the boy next to him, and asked uncomfortably, "Hey, um, Jonghyun?"  The boy turned towards Luhan. "Sorry, uh, I forgot my pencil case in my locker."  Jonghyun looked at him amusedly. "You do that a lot, don't you?" He observed, and shook with laughter. "Yeah, it's kind of a habit of mine." Luhan muttered. Shaking his head, the dinosaur boy started to open his pencil case.  Seohyun, realizing her opportunity, tapped on Luhan's shoulder. He jumped slightly, then grudgingly looked at Seohyun. "Here." She offered the pencil she was holding.  It was the pencil she had given to Kyuhyun as well.  

Unable to refuse, Luhan took it from her, and thanked her awkwardly. Jonghyun watched the scene quietly, and slowly zipped up his pencil case. When Luhan turned back around, he gave him a funny look (which Luhan ignored).

Immediately after the ring of the bell that signaled the end of the period, Luhan placed the pencil on her desk and hurried to leave the classroom. However, before he walked out of hearing range, Seohyun called out his name. Luhan stopped in his tracks. In all honesty, he did expect this. Torn, the boy bit his lip and stood, deliberating on what he should do. Seohyun stood up and walked over to him. "I'm really sorry, Luhan. I hope we can be friends." After a bit of confusion, a blissful smile stole over his face, and he nodded. Unsure of how to proceed in this type of situation, Seohyun asked tentatively, "Luhan, do you want to eat with me and my friends?" The smile widened, and he nodded once more.

After retrieving a plate of food, she lead him to the table she usually sat at, where Yoona and Yuri were already present.  When they saw the two walking together, Yoona's eyebrows nearly shot off her face, and Yuri gawked openly. Without a word, Seohyun set her plate down, and started to eat. Finally getting over their initial shock (but the questioning looks still lingered), Yuri greeted pointedly, "Hey Luhan." He gave her a small wave, then looked down at his plate nervously. "What brings you here?" Yuri asked, refusing to give in. Luhan looked back up, and informed her innocently, "Seohyun, um, asked me to eat with you guys."  The prodding looks turned towards Seohyun, who insisted on pretending that nothing was amiss. Yoona jabbed her with her elbow. "Oh, yeah."  Seohyun agreed.

The meal was filled with awkwardness. Luhan ate quietly, as did Seohyun, while Yoona and Yuri kept badgering him questions. The two were so loud, that their table received attention from someone a few tables away. 

"Kyu, look." Jessica pointed, and Kyuhyun, who sat opposite of her followed the direction of her finger.  Once he realized what his girlfriend was indicating, Kyuhyun watched with disbelief. "What the hell?"  He muttered. While pursing his lips, Kyuhyun tore his eyes away from the scene, and started attacking his food viciously.  Jessica scoffed, and they finished their meal in silence.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next day, Kyuhyun searched for Seohyun during recess. Once he spotted her outside perched on a stone bench, he called out,"Seo!"

Hearing her name, Seohyun looked up from her textbook and found herself face to face with the boy who made her heart race.  "Oh, hey Kyu." She said, as nonchalantly as she could manage. "Hey." He said brusquely. His eyes narrowed darkly.  Afraid of this scary Kyuhyun, Seohyun gulped.

"Why were you eating lunch with Luhan yesterday?" Seohyun's fear instantly turned into confusion. "I-I just felt bad for rejecting him. Plus I remember what you said about him before." She confessed. Kyuhyun muttered something.

"Stop doing that."  Seohyun pouted.

"What?"

"Stop muttering things to yourself so I can't hear it!" Seohyun exclaimed. While it did bother her a bit, she mostly said that so she could let out her frustration with Kyuhyun in general.

"Sorry!" He said, smiling guiltily. But then, he continued with the previous topic, saying, "I thought you said you didn't like him."  

"I don't." Seohyun said, sincerely.

"Well he thinks otherwise. I heard him talking to a bunch of his friends about you afterschool yesterday. He said he thinks he has a chance with you.  He's convinced that he can get you to like him."  Kyuhyun asserted, as he gauged her reaction.  Seohyun took in this information with surprise. Then, without commenting on it, she questioned him, "Why do you care Kyu? I thought you wanted me to go out with him."  

Flustered, Kyuhyun refused to respond. Eventually, he took a huge breath and looked at Seohyun seriously. Quietly, he started, "Look, Seohyun... I-" But just as he was about to finish his statement, the blaring sound of the bell cut him off. After it quieted into a mere echo, Kyuhyun looked dazed. All of a sudden, he regained his senses, and abruptly said, "I have to go." 

Seohyun watched as his fleeing figure disappeared into a nearby building.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I realize that I have a lot of one-to-one confrontations with Seohyun.  It just happens a lot, sorry! And what is this??? What do you think Kyuhyun was going to say before he was cut off? Hmmm....

Oh, and just to let you know, I am not completely off my hiatus just yet; I'm still not done with my project (but I'm close!) :/

Anyway, thanks for reading, and I hope you liked the chapter ^^  Please comment and subscribe, and if you like this story, it would mean a lot if you guys upvoted! Thanks! See you in a week or two :)