viii

Two Months With Miss Aegyo

Night Markets and New Friends

img_a0111206aa1.jpgimg_a0111206aa1.jpg

 

Sunny opened the bathroom door fresh faced. When she walked out, she caught Joongki rushing to put on his shoes near the front door. "Yah, it's like 11 at night. Where would you be planning to go at this hour?"

Joongki ran up to her and put a finger over her lips, "Can you be quiet? JongKook hyung is sleeping and if he catches me then my night will be ruined. I'm not doing anything bad, I promise!"

Sunny lowered her voice so it was barely above a whisper, "But where are you going? What if something bad happens to you? I need to know where you are so I can drag you out since I'm not doing this project by myself!"

"Is the project the only thing you care about? I'm going to get some food from street vendors. Now can you let me leave?"

"Wait street vendors? Let me go too!"

"You already ruined my day by keeping every girl away from me and dragging me to every single store you wanted to go to instead of letting me do my own thing!" 

"I promise I won't ruin tonight for you. This would be a great thing for the assignment! And I may or may not be hungry." Joongki glared at her, "And if I'm allowed to go, I won't tell JongKook either!"

Joongki hesitated, "Fine. But you better not ruin it. I rather not be sad when I'm around food."

"Alright alright! Let me just put on some makeup and change my clothes."

"Are you kidding me? The longer you take, the more likely JongKook is going to wake up and catch us. If you thought his nagging was bad, just wait until he wakes up, grumpy and even more naggy as ever. Just change out out of your pajamas and we could go!"

"You're so aggravating!" Sunny grunted while going back to her room.

"If it makes you feel any better, I bet no one else will notice your lack of eyebrows!" 

"Shut up!"

img_a0111206aa1.jpgimg_a0111206aa1.jpg

 

Sunny gently closed her door five minutes later. Her pajamas were now replaced with an oversized sweater and black leggings and on her head was a beanie. She slipped on a pair of sneakers and tucked in her phone and camera in her backpack. "Let's go."

The two  quietly tip-toed their way out of the hotel room and locked the door behind them. Once they closed the door, they sighed a breath of relief then sprinted for the elevator. No time to waste when you're hungry, right? Joongki pressed the button and the two waited for the doors to open. They watched as the elevator slowly went up and finally arrived on the floor where they were waiting. Sunny and Joongki both smiled and was about to walk in until...

"What do you two think you're doing? No students should be out of their rooms by curfew!"

"Sir," Sunny began, "there is a reasonable explanation for why we are out passed curfew. Right Joongki?" Joongki nodded his head.

"And what would that be?" the man said as he crossed his arms.

"We were hungry," Joongki said simply with the shrug of his shoulders. Sunny punched him in the arm and gave him a look while Joongki just shrugged his shoulders at her too. 

"Well hungry or not, you should respect the rules. If you wanted to go on a date then you should have gone earlier. Just imagine how worried your partners must be to see you guys gone at this hour. Go back to your separate rooms now!"

"Me? Go on a date with this midgit? As if. We're each other partners and we wanted to go eat at the night market. It's simply for our project. I understand that we're breaking the rules but it's only for research and school. It wouldn't be good to prevent students from their learning now, right?" Joongki explained.

"I suppose not. Here, I'll help you guys out. If you continue to walk out like this then you will definitely get in trouble even if you have an explanation. However if you go out with a teacher or chaperone then they will let you pass without a doubt."

"Where are we going to find an adult who's okay with us leaving? Everyone is pretty strict." Sunny asked.

The man smiled and pointed to himself. "Right here! I'm a chaperone. My name is Ji Suk Jin. I'll go with you on two conditions though."

"And what is that?"

"One: you have to pay for my food tonight."

Sunny leaned into Joongki, "Is he really a better option than JongKook? He seems rather aggravating too." 

"Give it a moment," Joongki whispered to Sunny. "We'll think about your offer. But what is your other condition?"

"Ah you see," Suk Jin chuckled awkwardly, "there's this one kid..."

 

img_a0111206aa1.jpgimg_a0111206aa1.jpg

 

"Yah Lee Kwangsoo!" Ji Suk Jin loudly whispered as he opened the door to a hotel room. "Lee Kwangsoo. Kwangsoo-ah. Lee Kwangsoo. You irritating giraffe. Where are you?" Joongki and Sunny looked at each other awkwardly as they stepped inside the hotel room. Suk Jin continued to scream out the numerous names of this one person yet no reply came. The trio eventually found the man laying in bed reading a book and sipping some tea. "Yes hyung?" he said with a smile. He grabbed his teacup and lifted it in the air as if he was doing cheers but the tea spilled a little in the process and landed on his shirt. "Aish!" he muttered as he put the cup down and clumsily got out of bed.

"I don't understand why you always try to do this. It just doesn't work out." Suk Jin said disappointed.

Kwangsoo paused, "I'm trying out a new image for myself." He looked down at his shoes out of embarrassment then noticed two more pairs of shoes behind Suk Jin. Kwangsoo slowly looked up and gasped, "Y-yah! Hyung, do you realize who's behind you?" He pushed Suk Jin aside, "Nice to meet you! I'm Lee Kwangsoo. Hyung, did you know that you have the most popular kid and the aeygyo queen behind you? And they're in my room? My room. Song Joongki and Lee Sunny are in MY room."

Joongki and Sunny looked at the tall man awkwardly. "So your second condition is to bring another chaperone with us? I thought you were going to bring another student." Joongki noted.

"Actually," Kwangsoo said, "I am a student. Same age too. I've actually been in some classes with the both of you for years now."

"You have?" Sunny asked in disbelief. You would think you would notice someone that's basically six feet tall and in your classes. Kwangsoo nodded his head.

"You see, Kwangsoo here isn't really good with friends. Something about being socially awkward and betrayal? I don't know. But my second condition is to bring him with us. It would be a good opprotunity to make friends now, wouldn't it Kwangsoo-ah?" Suk Jin explained.

"We'll pass. Deals off." Joongki said while walking out the door.

"Shouldn't the both of us decided whether or not the deal is off instead of one person deciding everything by himself?" Sunny glowered at Joongki.

"Ah yes but you see, it was my plan to go to the night markets to just have an enjoyable time after the day was ruined then I was nice enough to let you tag along. But having a random old man and a socially awkward giraffe who we have to pay for alongside you ruins the fun I was planning to have tonight. I'll just sneak out tonight and get a cab. Give me one good reason why I should change my mind."

"I won't tell JongKook oppa and that means he wouldn't punish you."

"I have a nice car which is better than taking a dirty cab."

"I'll pay for all of us tonight. You, Sunny, and Suk Jin hyung don't have to spend a penny."

Joongki walked out the door in silence and left everyone in the room. The sound of a door opening and closing was heard and Joongki was gone. Three minutes passed and Joongki didn't return. "I guess we weren't convincing enough." Sunny said. "It was nice meeting you two and I'm sorry for his behavior. I should probably return to my room now before I get caught by someone else. Good night!"

"Good night! Nice meeting you!" the two males exclaimed. Sunny walked through the door but before she completely made it into the hallway, she bumped into something or rather someone. "Are you guys going or not?" Joongki inquired as leaned against the doorway.

"I thought you left," Sunny looked at him in shock.

"I did. I went back to the room to drop my wallet off. If this guy's paying for everything and there's no cab fee, there's no reason for me to bring my money. Now hurry, the night's going to pass and we have places to go tomorrow. So if we could just get this over with then that would be great."

They scrambled out of the hotel room and made their way towards the elevator for the second time.

"I'll drive. Give me the keys," Joongki said.

"It's my car. I'll drive." Suk Jin argued.

"At your age? Can you even see properly? Joongki fought back.

"Aish this kid! I'm not that old. And do you see these?" he pointed to his glasses. "I can see with these!"

"Hyung," Kwangsoo joined, "your glasses don't have lenses in them though." 

Suk Jin glared at Kwangsoo then tossed his keys at Joongki who barely caught it. "Whatever, just don't mess up my car."

They all arrived to the car and had Joongki in the driver's spot with Sunny next to him and Kwangsoo and Suk Jin in the back. And off to Dongdaemun they went for the night markets.

 

img_a0111206aa1.jpgimg_a0111206aa1.jpg

 

The lights were shining and steam was seen as they arrived at the night market. Numerous people were there, getting snacks to eat and just hanging out. Joongki, Kwangsoo, Sunny, and Suk Jin were immediately enamoured by the location and didn't hesitate to go up to the nearest vendor. They were welcomed by the aroma of twigim and tempura. All of their mouths watered instantly when they laid their eyes on the street food. Sunny grabbed the camera out of her backpack and crouched down to get a good angle of the food and the smiling woman behind it. 

"Let's get the twigim?" Kwangsoo asked, not taking his eyes away from the food. The other three nodded their head yes eagerly. "How much for the twigim?"

"4500 won," the woman grinned. 

"We'll take it!" They all stared as the woman grabbed some of the twigim and put them in a bag. They exchanged the money and food and left with a chorus of 'goodbye' and 'I hope your business does well!' 

"Wahhh it looks amazing!" Sunny exclaimed.

The three men nodded their heads in agreement as they stared around for more vendors.

"Let's just get more food for now and eat all of it at the end." Suk Jin suggested, "It will be more enjoyable altogether at the end."

"Is that really neccessary?" Joongki inquired. "We could just enjoy it now and still look for some more food. I don't see the use of your method."

"Yah, who's the one who's not busting you right now? Oh that's right, me. Now just don't question it. Consider it as one huge buffet or something."

The students sighed in annoyance at Suk Jin's useless idea. 

"I was so excited to eat now though!" Sunny pouted.

"The vendor gave us a lot. I bet it wouldn't be to big of a deal if you ate one just now," Kwangsoo said. He blocked Suk Jin with his body and awkwardly pulled one out of the bag. With shaky hands, he slowly started aiming the fried food towards Sunny's mouth, attempting to feed her. Sunny stood there awkwardly, not knowing what to feel.

"Yah, what are you so nervous about? It's not like she's breathtaking or anything!" Joongki exclaimed as he grabbed the twigim from Kwangsoo's hand and stuffed it in Sunny's mouth. Sunny glared at him in return and advanced her way forward. Kwangsoo looked at her then turned his head towards Joongki, who only gave him a shrug and walked forward too. Suk Jin patted Kwangsoo on the shoulder, "You tried." Then Suk Jin proceeded forward with a stacatto of laughs.

The four walked around, admiring the variety of food they walked by. Jokes were shared and more food was stuffed down Sunny's mouth thanks to Kwangsoo's awkwardness and Joongki's will to do anything he wanted. Despite the little bickering between everyone, it was undeniable that each person had fun. But it turned late and they all knew that they would have to get home soon. They purchased one last box of dumplings before gathering all of their food and heading towards the car.

img_a0111206aa1.jpgimg_a0111206aa1.jpg

Sunny and Joongki were walking side by side as Suk Jin and Kwangsoo trailed behind them. A couple of annoyed side glances and a backhand from Sunny would come every now and then between the duo. But as Suk Jin and Kwangsoo stared from afar, they could only smile at the odd little relationship the small girl and the arrogant guy had. As they all headed to the car, Joongki sat in the driver's seat and Sunny sat next to him naturally, leaving the two men in the back.

"You know, it would be better if the older man AND the owner of the car at least get a decent seat in the front," Suk Jin announced, failing to be nonchalant.

Kwangsoo immediately elbowed Suk Jin in the arm and gave a forced smile to Joongki and Sunny. "Just let them be," he whispered to Suk Jin. Spending time with them, he knew that he wouldn't have a chance with her but there was a possibility with his newfound friend.

The car ride began and there wasn't an awkward moment in sight. They all sang along to the radio with passion (and also some offkey and offbeat but no one cared), and spread jokes and bad puns, and talked about Kwangsoo's misfourtune with, well, just about everything. 

"Sunny-sshi, since we're all friends now, is it okay to drop formalities?" Kwangsoo asked.

"Yes! Go ahead and be comfortable," she answered.

"Really Sunny-ah?" Joongki said with a smirk.

"Except for you. Don't drop the formalities," she said to Joongki.

"Not going to stop me," he replied smugly.

Sunny only sighed in annoyance but had a smile on her face in the end. 

"Um, Suk Jin hyung, have you seen Sunny's 3 set of aegyo?"

Sunny hid her face in embarrassment. 

"I haven't. Let's see it!" Suk Jin cheered. The two guys in the back were shouting and encourging her.

"It might cause anger," she shyly said.

Kwangsoo and Suk Jin loudly expressed their opinions and encouraged her to do it. Giving up, Sunny shifted over to her left so she was facing Joongki and the other two could see her. Hesitantly, she did the first set with a chorus of cheers from the guys behind her. Joongki only rolled his eyes despite missing out of the first set. He stopped at the red light just as Sunny was doing her second set. He glanced over and quickly turned back, hiding the smile he couldn't contain. Then when the third set came, the three men nearly hit their heads of the roof of the car out of excitement and happiness although Joongki hid his excitement on the down low. It was undeniable that she was cute. She lived up to her name as the Aegyo Queen. But that didn't change anything between the relationship Sunny and Joongki had... right?

When the men calmed down, Sunny once again hid her face in embarrassment. Suk Jin and Kwangsoo gave her a thumbs up and numerous comments about her cuteness. Joongki stayed quiet until...

"We're almost out of gas." 

"Oh I think there's a gas station around the corner! We could just stop there for now and take a small break," Suk Jin said.

Joongki nodded his head and pulled over to the station which was oddly opened at the late hour. "Kwangsoo you're paying!" the trio said it unison as they walked inside the gas station. Kwangsoo only sighed as he joined them to pay as the worker soon began to pump gas into the car. 

Suk Jin went to the bathroom as Sunny and Joongki were browsing the ice cream section. Something sweet after all of the savory food sounded delicious. The two glanced inside the glass compartment with their hands on the rim. The duo stood side by side with his right hand touching her left and their heads turning left and right, trying to see what's to eat next. Kwangsoo stood an aisle away from them browsing the sodas and energy drinks as he kept a close eye on them. 

"They're pretty cute together, don't you think?" Suk Jin asked, frightening the giraffe beside him. Kwangsoo stared at Suk Jin in shock before averting his eyes to what Suk Jin was looking at: Sunny and Joongki. Joongki had picked up an ice cream with Apanman on the label and pointed to it, telling Sunny, "Look it's you!" Sunny slapped his arm in anger as Joongki chuckled. But everyone could see the smile that Sunny had afterwards. She picked up another ice cream with Pepe Le Peu and pulled the same joke that he did to her. Joongki's amused face turned sour and straight. The two started taking out ice creams with goofy cartoon characters and continued with the little game they started. Suk Jin and Kwangsoo smiled from the aisle.

"I'll bet you 20 bucks that they'll end up dating soon," Suk Jin said.

"50 bucks that it'll be after we graduate," Kwangsoo bet, knowing how his classmate was.

"Deal," Suk Jin replied as they shook on it.

img_a0111206aa1.jpgimg_a0111206aa1.jpg

March 25-26

I ate from street vendors today with some unwelcomed guests. It's the first good night I had in a while. The cute dork and the two other nerds aren't too bad. I mean they could be better but their idiocity makes it fun to be around. Day 3 here we come.

-Song Joongki

 

 


This update is long overdue and I'm sorry for that!!! I hoped you guys enjoyed my awkward attempts of being funny and cliche (if it's even possible that this story could be anymore cliche). But here are two more of the RM members introduced! Hoped you guys liked it.

 

AND HERE'S ANOTHER SUNKI FANFIC THAT UPLOADS MORE THAN I DO IF YOU LIKE!!!! {xxxx}

it's rated m for language and some mature mentions but for the most part I love it and it's funny and not too inappropiate and check it out for your SunKi needs!! :D