iii

Two Months With Miss Aegyo

The Confrontation ~

img_a0111206aa1.jpgimg_a0111206aa1.jpg

Sunny's POV


"Now listen up class!" she shouted which made me pop my head up in surprise, "I am assigning a project for this quarter. You will need a partner, a camera, and some research. For two months, you and a partner will exploring the wonderful county of South Korea. You will need to take pictures and gather information about Korea, it's landmarks, food, and more. Really have fun with this project! Go to resturaunts, beaches, street vendors. At the end of the project, you and your partner will be responsible in making a project board about your experience. Starting next Monday, our class will be staying in a hotel and I, alongside other teachers and parents, will be watching you around town. We will not be attending school for the next two months but you will be given your homework and other work from your other teachers. Now I will be picking your partners tomorrow. Class dissmissed."

 

Two months just roaming around? How exciting! Out of all the class projects, this is probably my favorite one ever. Growing up, I didn't do much that made me explore Korea and I never had the chance to see everything everyone would talk about in person. Depressing? Just a little... However this is now my chance and I can't wait til next Monday! I kneeled down and began to pack my stuff slowly. I wonder who's going to be my partner though. Hopefully it's that new, cute guy...


"Lee Sungmin," I looked up and saw him staring straight at me with that adorable grin. "I never introduced myself in person. I'm Sungmin. Nice to meet you Sunny!"


"Nice to meet you too Sungmin! I guess we're classmates now!" I replied while struggling to pick up my belongings.


"Do you need help with that?" he inquired while pointing towards my stuff.


I smiled and nodded my head yes. He picked up my items without a problem and lent a hand to me. "Thank you" I replied.


"Of course! No problem. Anything to help!"


"Thank you!" I said in aegyo


"No problem!" he replied back in aegyo. He replied back in aegyo. He just replied back in aegyo and I found it the most attractive thing ever! If I'm the aegyo queen, can he be my king? We both laughed and made our way out the door and into our next class. THIS GUY IS SO PERFECT ASDFGHJKL!

Sungmin and I continued to converse as we walked through the halls. After talking to him for two minutes, I was able to find out that he plays guitar and sings, is in a band called Super Junior, and is perfect in every single way.

"Now enough about me, what about you? You are one of the most interesting girls I've ever seen." he said.

I covered my face and hoped he wouldn't notice me blushing. Although he thought I was interesting, I didn't have an interesting characteristic of mine that I can think of. I wasn't in a band or could play guitar. What could I have said? I stared into space trying to get a thought in my head, not realizing that Sungmin was staring at me, chuckling.

"I hear you're the Aegyo Queen at this school," he brought up.

"W-what?" I stuttered. That's right! I was the Aegyo Queen, I completely forgot. "Oh yeah, I am. But how do you know that?"

"The word goes around quickly. Also, after seeing your aegyo, I see they chose the right person for the position. Walking down the hallways, I hear a lot of people talking about the others and I think I'm catching on rather quick on who's who and how they're like. Not to mention, all the crowds. Like that one over there." Sungmin pointed towards the end of the hall where a pool of people were. "Let's go see what's happening."

And like that, Sungmin softly grabbed my hands and lead me to the scene. We pushed through numerous people and managed to get a decent spot so we could see the commotion. First the aegyo compliment and now holding hands, I think I'm going to pass out soon.

"It looks like a confession," Sungmin assumed.

I snapped out of my thoughts and looked through the space between the two people in front of me. "Oh no."

"What's wrong?"

"It's not a confession. It's a confrontation."

Sungmin looked confused for a moment but the two of us kept on watching.

"Yah Hara-sshi!" the guy loudly said.

"Yes babe?" Hara replied with a bright smile on her face.

"Please! You think you're special enough to call me that? Might as well just walk away now and save you the embarrassment."

"But Joongki oppa! We're in love. Just give me a chance!" Hara ran up to Joongki while wrapping her arms around his waist. Joongki remained normal with his hands in his pockets and a smirk on his face.

"You don't get it do you? Why would I ever be in love with you? A cute, innocent girl like you will NEVER be with me. I hate girls like you. You think that we're in love? I can barely handle breathing the same air as you! I'm not your boyfriend and I never will be. You understand?"

Hara let go and looked at Joongki. Her bright smile was replace with a quivering frown and her eyes were full of tears and pain. She nodded her head then stared at the ground. The crowd began laughing and teasing Hara while Joongki kept that annoying smirk on his face and rolled his eyes. Not being able to take any more, I released myself from Sungmin and pushed through the people in front of me until I was face to face with Joongki.

"What's your problem?" I shouted to him.

He looked at me as if I was a paitent in a nuthouse.

Realizing he wasn't going to reply anytime soon, I kept on talking. "Hara did not deserve any of that. No one never deserves anything like that!"

"Of course she did." Joongki calmly replied, "She spread false rumors about me and her. Anybody who does something like that deserves to get their facts straight, don't you think?"

"Even so, no one deserves to be publicly humiliated liked that. And you could have been softer about the whole thing."

"I don't think you even understand-"

"I understand perfectly, Song Joongki. You think that you're doing the right thing when you're not. People get hurt from things like this and you just walk around like you didn't ruin somebody's day. I hate people like you. And to be specific, I hate you. You're a self-centered jerk who only cares about your own reputation. I wished I stopped this sooner so you can get your own facts straight. Don't you think?" I turned around and approached Hara, making her leave the scene with Sungmin.

"Oh and before I leave," I added, "you deserve this." I lifted my hand and slapped him across the face, leaving a red mark on the cheek. Cooly, I walked away while the crowd just oo'ed and snickered while Joongki was red with fury, screaming "Yah!" nonstop as his friends held him back.

 

img_a0111206aa1.jpgimg_a0111206aa1.jpg

 

The Lee Household


"OPPAAAAA!! I NEED HELP!" I screamed in agony. 


"What?!" a guy ran in my room with a baseball bat and wide eyes. Ladies and gentleman, that dorkwad is my brother, Lee Donghae. "Are you okay? You're not hurt are you? What are you doing?"


I rolled my eyes as he began freaking out. "Oppa, I'm fine. I just needed help closing this luggage! I flattened it and sat on it but nothing would work! It won't zip up."


"Aigoo!" he lifted the baseball bat and put it behind his neck and made his way towards me. "That's it? I thought you were in danger! What are you even packing for? You're not running away are you?"


"No stupid! I'm not running away, I'm packing for the Seoul trip."


"That's not even until next week! Why are you packing so early?


"Because I'm excited! I can't wait until next Monday. It's going to be so fun! Now will you just help me?"


"Alright, alright!" He dropped the bat and made me sit on the luggage while he zipped it effortlessly. 


"Thank you oppa!"


"Yeah whatever." He sighed and walked out.


Donghae is one year older than me but he got held back for slacking too much last year. Therefore, he's in the same grade as me. He always hung out with the popular people and we usually just avoid each other at school. There's no reason but it just happens naturally. However, he's my caring older brother who's always by my side even if he bullied me and makes fun of my height...

 

img_a0111206aa1.jpgimg_a0111206aa1.jpg


"Yah Lee Sun Kyu! What is taking you so long this morning? I need to get ready for school too!" Donghae whined.


"Shut up and use another bathroom!"


"But my toothbrush is in there! Come on just open the door already!"


I quickly opened the door and threw his toothbrush at him. Before I could close it again, he blocked the way with his foot and smirked at me. "Why do you looked so dolled up? More makeup than usual and new clothes? You aren't dressing up for a boy, aren't you?"


"Psh no! Just hurry up and get ready!" I pushed him out as hard as I could and made him fall. I then closed the door and locked it before he could get up. I sighed and picked up my speed.


This morning was better than yesterday. My ex-boyfriend didn't go crazy again and try to pick me up for school. We used to walk everyday to school until I broke up with him. But he wouldn't let go and would try to walk with me and bother me sometimes. Luckily, my brother took me to school on his motorcycle. However, once we arrived, girls hurdled around us and nearly stomped on me. I barely made it out alive! Half of the girls left after a minute and my brother shooed the other half away. By the time I got out, I was out of breath and panting.


"Woah Sunny, you okay there? I can't have you dying on me here!"


"Gee Jessica, aren't you the nicest! Yes, I'm fine." I replied sarcasically.


Jessica Jung is one of my best friends. We've been through thick and thin and know everything about each other. She's like my sister!


Jessica giggled and gave me a water bottle. "Hey Fishy!" she waved to my brother with a bright smile on her face.


Donghae smiled like an idiot and waved back franctically. He ran towards us but awkwardly tripped on the way. Donghae has had a crush on Jessica since he laid eyes on her and always end up looking like a lovesick puppy when she's around. Nobody, not even Jessica, manages to notice since Donghae tries to keep up with a cool guy aura but some people can be very oblivious sometimes. 


"H-hey Jessica! You l-look nice t-today," he stuttered.


Jessica and I chuckled as Donghae started blushing and turned as red as a cherry. Although Donghae and I don't do much together at school, he does ANYTHING to be near Jessica which is why he walked with us this morning. The three of us walked down the pavement and towards the school.


"So we're going to see who our partners are today! I'm so excited!" Jessica exclaimed.


"I know! I can't wait for the trip is general!" I replied.


"Yeah, all we have left is today and tomorrow. Then it's the weekend and we go!" she said.


"Yeah, did you guys bring your permission slips?" I asked.


Jessica and Donghae nodded their heads and pulled out the half sheet of white paper. 


"I'm so excited! I can't wait to find out who my partner is!" I squealed, "I hope it's that new guy, Sungmin!"


"He's cute!" Jessica said.


"I'm cuter!" Donghae shouted angrily, earning some stares from passer-bys. He awkwardly glanced away.


"Anyways, I'm hoping I will be paired up with Joongki! He's so gorgeous!" Jessica said.


Donghae scoffed and began walking faster towards the building than Jessica and me.


"What was that about? Anyways, he doesn't go for cute girls so I'm gonna try to show him that other side of me and it would be perfect for the trip!" Jessica said while posing.


I jokingly pushed her aside, "Well let's see who we're going to be with!"


Jessica and I walked to social studies with 3 minutes left before the bell. "Sunny I'll talk to you later okay?" Jessica said while making her way towards other friends. I nodded and sat down, getting my materials out.

The teacher walked in and got the attention of everyone. 

 

"Alright students, as I had told you yesterday, we will be touring around South Korea with a partner for two months. You and your partner will create a presentation about everything you have experienced. We will meet at the front of the school on Monday morning at 7pm. And I will collect your permission slips near the end of class. Anyone who did not return a slip to me by tomorrow or before we board the bus will not join us and stay here with a sub. I will now introduce your partners." my teacher informed. 


"Ah Baek Yeon and Ailee,"


"Kim Hyorin and Yoon Bora,"


"Choi Sulli and Kim Taeyeon,"


"Park Chanyeol and Kwon Jiyong,"


"Kim Myungsoo and Nichkhun,"


"Yang Yoseob and Lee Junho,"


'Is it gender based for our partners?'


"Lee Seul-gi and Im Yoona,"


"Lee Donghae and Jessica,"


"Lee Sungmin and-"


'Please be me, please be me'


"Kim Hyuna,"


'Crap! who am I paired up with then?'

"Lee Sun Kyu-"


'And?'


"And Song Joongki. Those are all the partners for this period."


"WHAT! I CAN'T BE WITH HIM/HER!" Joongki and I screamed in unision. 

 



Ew ew ew ew ew ew ew ew ew ew ewwwww! 

This chapter is so awkward and I dislike it! I just really wanted to post an update for you guys who still stuck around with this story and I love youuu! I tried but my fanfic writing skills are very rusty since I almost gave up on it and was on a very long hiatus. But people were still commenting on this and it made me have inspiration to write this and I hope you didn't cringe at the awkwardness of this chapter. I had to make Joongki and Sunny dislike each other before the trip and the way I started off the fanfic, the fight was quickly thought of at the top of my head and it turned our terrible.

 But... I hoped you enjoy and please subscribe and comment! :)

revised June 4, 2014