You and Her

One More Step (To Your World)



l.jpg 

 

 

 

 

 

"Are you ready?"  your mother asked as she popped her head inside your room.

"Ready!"  you respond and took one more glance on you mirror before grabbing your purse on top of the table and left the room.

"Where are we going?"  your ask.  Your mother told you to prepare because someone invited them out.

"You will find out later.  And for sure, you will be happy about it!" she answered with a mysterious grin on her face.   It's just

You just shrugged your shoulder and slid yourself inside the car.

The car stopped infront of a hotel. 

"Where finally here!" your mother chimed as you two moved out of the car.  "Let's hurry she might be waiting now."

A waiter approached you.  Your mother told him that you have a reservation and guided you inside the hotels restuauant and through your table.

"Ajumma! Over here!"  a familiar voice called.

"Your eyes widened upon the recognition.  "Unnie!"  you exclaimed in surprise.

"Hello, Chun Hei!"  she happily replied.

You  run to her and gave her a full hug.  "I missed you unnie!" you said as you squeezed her tighter.

"I missed you too, my favorite cousin!"

Your mom and dad was just laughing at the two of you. 

"Ma, why didn't you tell me that were going to meet Min Jee unnie?!" You  turned to her pouting.

"Dont blame me sweetie.  It's your cousin's idea."  she said in defense.

"Yeah.  I wanted to surprise you, you know!"

"Psshhhhh!" she hissed.  "Well congratulations you just did!"

Yes!  Kwang Min Jee is your cousin dear cousin.  You two were like sisters.  Your mother used to baby sit her when you weren't born yet and your parents treat her as their own child.  Her parents are often out of the country and often leave her to your parents care.  She's two years older than you.  But two years ago they moved permanently in Amerika, since her parents established a business there.

You still remember how you cried hard the day she left.  She was your unnie and a bestfriend.  She wanted to stay also, but her parents insisted that she should go with them.  Their reason?  There are lot of good schools in Amerika, plus the oppurtunity it can gave Min Jee in the future.

Plus, you heard from your parents, that your cousin is seeing someone they dont like, so they decided to keep her away from him.  Which is for you is a little absurd.  Oh, well even though she is your cousin and your parents truelly cares for her, still she is their daughter and they have no right to middle to what her parents want to do to her. 

But seeing her now, she seems okay.  *Seems like it wasn't a bad idea after all.* you thought.  Though you dont know, if that thing is ture or not. 

"Unnie, why didn't you tell me that your back in Korea and when did you arrived by the way?" you said pouting at her.

"Don't be mad."  she cupped your face and moved it left and right.  "I arrived 2 days ago.  And as for your second question...as I said I wanted to surprise you!"

"Min Jee-ah, where are you staying right now?"  Mr. Seo asked.

"I'm currently staying at a hotel ajussi!"

"Hotel?  Isn't it a little expensive for you?  Why dont you stay with us instead?"  your mom suggested.

"Yes unnie, just stay with us!"  you prayed.

"I would love to, but my stay in the hotel is just temporary.  My company is preparing an apartment for me near my work, so I might move in after a couple of days or so."

 

"Are you staying here for good, Min Jee?"  your father asked.

"I dont know ajussi.  It depends on what will happen in next few days." she shrugged.

"So, you mean, your only here for work unnie?"

"Well, both work and personal.  I actually wanted to return long ago, it's just that I cant find the perfect timing.  That's why I'm real greatfull when our company said that theywill be launching some new products here in Korea and that it will be me they are planning to send her to monitor everything."

"What personnal reason unnie?"  you asked.

"It's..."

"Wait!" you cutted her.  "Just tell me later."

"Later?"  she repeated, not catching what you mean.  Your parents stared at you too.

"Later!"  Don't tell me your not planing to sleep over tonight?"

"Oh!" she smiled.  "Sleep over, not a bad idea!  Sure let's do that!"

"Yes!" you rejoiced.

"Aigoo, these two!  Chun Hei-ah, Min Jee might have plan tonight, and she may want to rest also.  Why don't you just do it next time?"  your mother said.

"No, ajumma, it's okay!  I already had enough rest." she chimed.

Soon enough, the waiter came with your foods.

"Okay, okay!  Save everything later.  Let's eat first, I'm hungry."  your dad motioned.

"Sure!"  You and Min Jee chorused.

 

______________________________________________________________________________________________

 

"Seo Chun Hei!"  your mother shouted which made you stop when you are about to climb the stair towards your bedroom.  Behind you is your Min Jee unnie.

"Let your cousin rest okay, dont bother her too much!"

You rolled your eyes.  "Ma, were just going to talk a little and sleep."

"A little?  Make sure you do that!"  she warned.

"It's okay ajumma!  Chun Hei and I can talk all night if that's what she wants, we need to catch up things anyway."  Min Jee said.

"See Ma?  Unnie said it's okay."

"Alright!  But be better not to be late in your class tomorrow okay?"

"I understand Ma!" you grabbed Min Jee's arm and pulled her towards your room. "Let's go unnie!"  She followed you smiling at your cuteness.  You both entered your room and handed her your un used set of pajamas and a toothbrush.

After cleaning yourselves, you both layed down on the bed and prepared to sleep.

You smiled looking at the ceiling. 

"What are you smiling at?"  she asked you but then smiled as well.

"Ah, it's just I'm happy unnie, tonight seems like a deja vu!"

"Yeah!" she nodded.  "We used to sleep together before, just like this."

"Hmmm" you agreed.  "How was you when you were in Amerika?"  you shifted on your side and now is facing her.

"Well, at first I was not okay!  I had a hard time making friends since I can barely speak english.  Plus the environment is different when I was here in Korea.  In America, everything seems like a fast forward.  Everyone, seems like they're always in a rush, always in a hurry."

"But then, I manage to copped up.  And here I am."  she said smiling.

"Where you happy when you were there?"

"Happy?" she paused to think.  "I dont know.  I really can't say since, I was half heartedly willing to go there.  But I did enjoy!  But I guess, it's two different things so, I dont know."  she closed her eyes.

You stared at her.  "Unnie-ah, do you miss him?"

She turned to you suddenly.  "What do you mean?"

You hesitated first but then spoke up.  "I accidentally heard from my parents, why your parents wanted you to move to America.  Is it true?"

She sighed.  "Y...yeah."  her face covered by sadness.  "My parents doesn't like him, since he was younger than me and an orphan.  My dad saw eyes one time and secretly he hired someone to check his backgrounds, and unfortunately, what he found out didn't satisfy him so he confronted me one time at home.  Told me to stay away from him.  I asked him for his reason, but the reason's he gave me aren't rational enough.  But I said I would, but then I continued to see him behind their back which was later on discovered by my parents.  They threatened me.  They said they will hurt him if I dont follow this time.  And eventually was forced to go to America."   I left, without even telling him."  she smiled painfully.

"Do you have any plan to see him, unnie?" you sleepily.

"Yeah," she nodded.  "That's one of the reason why I came back.  To see him again."

"What's his name?"  you asked and closed your eyes.

"Han Seung Yun.  His name is Han Seung Yun!"

But you didn't hear it anymore.  You were already sleeping soundly to be able to do so.

Min Jee just smiled and arranged you comfortly on the bed and covered you with the sheet.

"My beautiful dongseang!  You've grown up fast." as she lightly brushed your check.  "Sleep well pretty!" she said and laid on the other side of the bed. 

Min Jee stared at the ceiling before closing her eyes.  "I really want to see you again Yun, and hopefully, It's not too late." she prayed. 

 

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

Ooooppppssss....

I feel like the drama is going to start soon!!!

Please enjoy reading and don't forget to comment!

PPPYYYOONNGG!!!!!