29

One More Step (To Your World)



 l.jpg

 

 

"hey, someone seems happy today!"  Jiyeon sings as she took the seat in front of you.  You are in the cafeteria having lunch.  You smiled back while chewing your foods.  "Did Baekhyun talked to you already?"

Your mood changed upon remembering Baekhyun.  "Nope!"  you sadly shook.

"No?  But why you seem so happy?"

"Best-ah, remember my Min Jee unnie?" you asked her.

"Min Jee?" she paused to think.  "Ah, Min Jee unnie, your cousin.  Of course!  How can I forget her.  The beautiful and kind cousin of yours!  Why?"

"She's back in town~" you chimed.

"No way!"

"Yes way!" you chuckled.  "She arrived days ago, and we had dinner with her last time."

"So how was her?"  Jiyeon ask as she start to eat her food.

""Well, still pretty."  you shook.  "No, I guess, georgeus would fit her."

"So your partner in crime is back huh, hopefully you wont forget that your bestfriend is still here."

You slapped her arm.  "Silly!  Why would you say stuffs like that?  Don't tell me your jealous of my cousin?"

She just looked away.  "Ow come on Jiyeonie!  I'm just excited to see her after two years you know!"

"Hehehe, I know!  Just joking!" she laughed.

"Pssshhh...Your really crazy!" you joked.

"Best-ah, Jiyeon nudge you.

"Hmmm?" you reply without looking at her.  "Have you told Yun about Baekhyun?"

You raised your head at her and sighed.  "No!"

"Why not?  He deserves to know, he's your boyfriend after all."

"Yeah, I know, but I dont know how and beside..I dont think it's important."  you shrug.  It's not that your thinking that Baekhyun is not important, of course he is, but you find it not necessary to tell Yun about  his feelings for you.  Or you just thought so.

"Of course, it is silly!  Just to show respect you know.  At least as a boyfriend, he deserves to know whats been happening to you and the fact that your bestfriend just confess to you is a big thing."

"Alright!"

"Have you heard anything about Baekhyun?"

"Nothing either!" she sighed.  "But I'll talk to him if I have a chance."

"Thanks best."

"No need, he's my bestfriend as well and I'm worried about him, too."  she smiled.

 

______________________________________________________________________________________________

 

"Baekhyun!  Byun Baekhyun!!!" 

Baekhyun turned aroun and saw Jiyeon who was jogging towards him.  He stopped to wait.  "Jiyeonie, why?"

"Can,I...*breath*...talk...*breath...to you?"  she said.  She was lucky enough to catch him in the gyms locker this time.  She had been eyeing him since his confession incident happened.

"Here."  Baekhyun handed her a bottled water to help her relax.  "Thanks."  she said.

"What do you want to talk about?"  he asked her.

"Let's go the cafe across the school first."

They walked out of the campus and crossed the street to the cafe acrossed the school.

"So, what is it?"  he asked after they seated.

She looked at him.  "What's happening to you lately.  You haven't call or text us lately."

He bowed his head, avoiding her gaze.  "Is it still about Chun Hei?"  he didn't answer.  "So I'm guessing that's a yes."  She paused for a while when their drinks came.  "Thank you." she said to the waiter.  "So, aren't you going to explain to me about what I heard last time?"

"What is there to explain Jiyeonie?" he looked outside.  "What you heard already explains everything.  I'm inlove with her!  That's the thruth!"

"I know!  But, do you have to forget your friendship because of that?"

"I have to, so I can forget her!"

"But can't you see that your hurting her with that?  You are her bestfriend, even before she had me.  So why on earth would you throw that away, just  because she can't love you the way you want her to?  You know, that's bul*s*it right?"

"But what do you expect me to do Jiyeon?" he hissed. "That's the only solution I can think of!"

"I've been secretely loving her for God knows how long, and now that she knows I...I can't promise not to...sh*t!" he stopped. "Its just so painful to know that the person you cared the most will never be yours."

"If I still stick with her, I might forget that she had a boyfriend and make her mine instead.  That's the least I would want to do either."

"So please Jiyeon, just let me.  It's for Chun Hei."

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

"Hey."  Jiyeon felt some was poking her check.  She turned around and saw Teo?  Right!  She forget that she is with Teo in her house.  She told her parents about her relationship with Teo, and luckily her parents didn't object.  They just gave her a reminder.  They were at the living room, watching a movie, but obviously her attention is on something else, though she's staring at the screen.  Teo noticed her, and poked her check.

"What?"  she turned to him after she felt his finger.

"Your not watching!" he hissed.

"Sorry, I was just thinking something!"

"What?" he asked.

"Nothing that you need to know!"

"But I demand to know!" he wiggled.

Jiyeon just rolled her eyes at his boyfriends childishness. *Why was I with him again?*

"What?  Still not going to tell me?"  he stopped and stared at her.  This time , he moved closer to her.

"Wh...what are you trying to do Shin Teo!!!"  she yelled as she moved her body backwards.

"I'm going to kiss you if you will not tell me!" he warned.

Jiyeon swallowed as she felt his hot breath on her face.  She turned her face away from him and "Fine!  I will tell you!"  she gave up.  *Da*m this girly-looking guy! Why does he have to do that?* she shouted inside her mind.

"Now, start!" he command.

She sighed.  "I'm thinking about Baekhyun and..."

"What?"  he cutted her.  "How could you think of other boy when you are with your boyfriend?"  and fake an angry face.

"Haist this pabo!  It's not what you think!" she said and slapped his shoulder.

"Im thinking about him and Chun Hei!" she uttered.  Teo looked at her confused.

"What about them?"

"Well, you see, Baekhyun confessed to Chun Hei, last time!"

"Co..confess?  As in...?"

"He told her, he's inlove with her!  And that he had been secretely loving her!"  *There she finally said it!* WEW!

"Sriously?"  Teo said in amazed.  She nodded.

"And now, Baekhyun is avoiding Chun Hei because of that!  Well, because he knows that Chun Hei is with Yun already, but my poor bestfriend," she sighed.  "She's really worried about him."

"I did try to talk to Baekhyun, asked him if he could...if possible not to avoid her, but it seems like his mind is closed when it comes to it."  she pouted.

*Baekhyun and Chun Hei and now Yun and Min Jee?* what's happening here, he thought.