Hurt...

The Princess' Ice Heart

She quickly went to her room to get dressed nice. Putting the suitcase against the wall, IU went to the huge closet of clothes to pick. At first, when she walked into the room, her eyes widened. Still not use to it, but she shook her head and quickly picked a pretty dress. She quickly put it on and brushed her hair. Looking in the tall mirror in the closet, she looked at it for a second. This wasn't what she was use to either. A knock at the door interrupted her thoughts. "Coming," she called then walked up to the doors. For some unknown reason, she expected it to be Wooyoung. And even more odd was that, she was smiling. Opening the door with the smile on her face, it quickly dissaeppeared seeing who it was. It was the butler. Though the smile quickly appeared back on her face.

"Are you ready for dinner, Gong Ju Mama?" he asked, bowing his head slightly then smiled to her. It was a soft and warm smile.

She nodded her head and smiled. "Yes I'm ready." Walking along with him down the hallway, she hummed to herself. A blank expression upon her face, as though she were day dreaming. He smiled and looked ahead until they finally reached the dining room. IU snapped out of her day dream and smiled gently at the King, walking to the seat beside him. That was until she met eyes with Wooyoung. A smile was on his face, just like before. A sincere smile. She blinked and put her attention back to the King and smiled. Hoping that he didn't notice. The butler pulled the seat out for her and she sat down.

"So happy to have you here, I thought you were going to forget about me," the King said, laughing happily and smiling wide at her. All she could do was smile brightly.

"Ani, I'm sorry for you waiting for me."

"It's alright. I"m just glad to have you here. Finally get to eat with you." It was more like he was speaking to himself when he spoke the last sentence.

Seeing Changmin sitting across from her, she smiles brightly at him. Unlike the way she did at Wooyoung. He smiled back at her while Wooyoung looked straight ahead. IU smiled at Yoseob and Taeyang as well. Yoseob smiled back but Taeyang just looked at her, a wondering gaze. Fidgeting in her chair, she turned her attention back to her grandfather and smiled. The food was set on their plates. And there were a set of spoons and forks, and others beside plate. Not sure what was used for what, she looked at it for a bit. The King smiled and continued to eat. She picked whichever and began to eat. 

"You like the food? Is it good?" He asked, all of a sudden, many plates of different food appeared. Maids coming in with plates on carts. They set the plates on the table and then took the carts back. IU widened her eyes at the sight of the plates. "If not, you can always pick another plate. I wasn't sure what you liked to eat." He motioned to the plates of food. She wasn't sure what to say but smiled at her grandfather.

"This is good, it's alright," she nodded and smiled still. And then continued to eat, which made the King smile even more. Both Changmin and Wooyoung looked at her as she ate slowly. Changmin continued to eat but Wooyoung hardly did.

IU wanted to eat more, not liking to waste food, but her stomach was beginning to hurt. Though, she didn't say anything. Wooyoung ate a bit before looking at her. Seeing the expression on her face change slightly, he knew something was wrong. She coughed when her stomach began to hurt a bit more. Changmin looked up at her confused, not sure what was wrong with her.

"What's wrong?" The King asked. She was beginning to shake her head when Wooyoung stood up from his seat. Everyone looked at him surprised. He would always just sit and eat, not really talk much.

"She must be feeling sick," Wooyoung began, looking at the King. "Maybe she should rest."

The King just stared at him for a moment before turning to IU. "Yes, you should."

"But I wanted to finishing eating with you," she began but was cut off.

With a shake of his head, he smiled gently to her. "You can always eat with me. But you must rest. I don't want you to feel sick." His eyes became sad at the thought of her being sick. A gentle smile appeared on her face and she nodded.

"Alright, I'll rest. Thank you," she said softly with the smile on her face. 

"Walk her to her room Wooyoung," the king said, looking back to him. A happy smile back on his lips. The other boys looked at each other before Wooyoung. Waiting to see if he would agree or not.

Wooyoung looked to IU and then nodded, a blank expression on his face. Though it was soft. "Okay, I will." Changmin, Yoseob and Taeyang all looked surprised. He wasn't like before, and it was very odd to them. IU looked at him and then stood to her feet, holding her stomach slightly at the pain. "Come on," he said before grabbing ahold of her arm to bring her along with him gently.

They walked in silence until she spoke up. "Why are being so nice to me?" She looked to him, still unsure. He just continued to look forward.

Then finally he looked to her with a smile again on his face. "Because I was wrong about you. I'm sorry."

She didn't expect what he had just said to her. Looking at him still, she stopped walking. He stopped as well and turned to her, facing her. Then turned away again, clearing his throat. "You're not so bad either." Wooyoung continued to walk again and she puffed her cheeks out, which just made him smile more. A laugh escaped his lips, a gentle one. The smile from before when she thought it was him at the door came back. And she began to walk with him again, side by side. When they finally got to her room, he opened the door for her and closed the doors once they were both inside.

"What are you doing still in here?" she asked rushly. He chuckled and went to her bathroom, looking through the draws until he found what he wanted. Showing her the pain killers, he smiled at her and she sighed, laughing. He went to fill a glass of water for her and gave her one pill and the cup.

"Take it, you will feel better." He said, standing near to her. Her cheeks had gotten hot and she puffed her cheeks out again.

"Okay," she said, nodding her head. He smiled at her and then nodded as well, stepping back. Her eyes returned to him and blinked once.

"Alright, well rest good, Princess. Good night," he turned to leave but she stopped him.

"Just call me IU," she said, and he didn't expect that. A smile returned to his lips and he turned to her again. "Good night, IU." And with that, he left her room. Leaving her there looking at the doors, the smile on her face again. Taking the pill, she layed down and looked up at the ceiling, day dreaming..about him. She hit her head and shook her head, sighing. "No IU, No! Don't think about him." All of a sudden, memories from her happy moments slipped into her mind. The ones from her love..ex love. A tear slowly ran down her face and she covered face, beginning to cry. Not caring who was near and heard.

Wooyoung stood against the wall, trying to collect his thoughts until he heard her. It was her crying. He turned to the doors beside him and a pained expression came to his face as her crying got louder. What's hurting you so bad, IU?