He smiled...

The Princess' Ice Heart

It was actually quite more fun with both Changmin and Wooyoung. Her parents were smiling the entire time. It made her happy to see them smile like that. For a while she forgot about being a princess. What made her parents even more happy was that Changmin and Wooyoung both loved her cooking. To them, it was like they were the best cooks. Both of them couldn't help but smile at the way Jieun's parents got happy and cheered. Jieun laughed softly and watched them as she ate. They didn't notice how late it was starting to get. Until Wooyoung's phone started to vibrate in his pocket. He smiled as he reached into his pocket. The smile disappeared once he saw who was calling. Taeyang.

He cleared his throat and smiled once again, "Excuse me for a second." They looked at him and her parents smiled. Once he got outside to talk, he answered. "Hello?"

"Yah Wooyoung. Where are you?" Taeyang asked from the other end of the phone.

Wooyoung looked back to the door and then looked away. "I'm with Changmina and Jieun at her parents house. Why?" Although, he already knew why he was calling. Part of him didn't want to go back. It was fun and better with Jieun's parents. He took in a silent breath and looked down slightly.

Taeyang let out a sigh before saying, "You know the king's temper. All of you should come before dinner is set up."

He nodded and said, "Okay we're coming back. See you then." They hung up and stood there for a second before going inside. Changmin stared at him and knew what was going on. Wooyoung smiled once he got back to the table. "Thank you for the food. It was delicious." That made her mother smile. "I'm sorry, but we have to go."

Jieun looked at him a bit upset and felt as though her heart was hurting. He should know that I don't want to yet. Her parents gave a nod and smiled softly, standing up.

"Ne, the king will want you all back I'm sure," her father spoke and smiled gently. Jieun shook her head and Changmin stood up, looking at her sadly. Knowing that it was hurting her to have to leave.

"Ani, not yet," she began to say but Wooyoung cut her off. He went to her side and put his hand on her shoulder. She didn't expect that.

He smiled at her gently. "You can come back. For now, lets go," he said gently. After saying that, he grabbed her hand and helped her to stand up. Changmin couldn't believe what he just did. Though he turned his attention back to Jieun's parents.

Bowing, he smiled and said, "Thank you for the food. Hope to see you soon. It was fun." They smiled and bowed back. Jieun still looked sad and hugged them tightly. Wooyoung watched softly with sad eyes, but didn't show that he was. Changmin looked at Jieun then to Wooyoung, a bit confused at his action. Then looked away. 

Parting from the hug, her parents smiled gently. "You're always our daughter. Always," her mother said and her father kissed her on the forehead before nodding. She looked sad and then was about to start walking to the door. But Wooyoung caught her arm. Jieun looked at him confused and a bit upset.

"I'll drive you home," he said gently and then looked at Changmin. "I told them I would."

Changmin just gave a nod and then followed them out the door. Once they got to their cars, he watched them walk to Wooyoung's car.

She struggled to get her arm out of his grip. "Let go. You know I wanted to stay longer," she began to say, looking sad. Her eyes began to get watery. Once he noticed this, he looked her right in the eyes.

"I know, and I'm sorry," he said and she became still. They looked at each other and then she looked away. Wooyoung opened the door for her and she got in. Changmin got into his car and drove off so they wouldn't notice he was watching.

She looked out the window as Wooyoung began to drive. He took a glance at her and saw the sad look on her face. Looking away, he let out a sigh and looked at the road. Mianhae Jieun. I'll make it up to you.

They drove in silence then he the radio for her. When the music came on, she looked to him and then looked down at her lap. She fiddled with her fingers, making it seem as though she was trying to snap her fingers. He saw at the corner of his eyes. "We can go back tomorrow," he said, looking straight ahead. That made her lift her head up.

"Really?" she asked with a smile. He actually got her to smile. Realizing that she did, she looked away but a smile still came back to her face. A smile was beginning to appear to his face but he shook his head and then nodded.

"Ne we can," he said and that resulted in her doing a happy dance in her seat.

She looked to him with a smile. "Gomawo," she said, feeling happy. He gave a nod but in the inside he was happy for her.

After a few minutes they finally got back to the palace. As soon as they stepped inside, Yoseob came up to them and let out a sigh. "Ah! Finally you two are back. Changmin just showed up a couple minutes ago. Hurry and get ready for dinner," he said.

Jieun looked to Wooyoung then back to Yoseob. "We already ate though," she said, shaking her head. Yoseob widened his eyes and hit his head.

"Omo. He's going to get upset," he began to say, mostly to himself. But Wooyoung stopped him.

"We'll eat still," he said and Yoseob smiled at him.

"Alright, I'll see you both at dinner." With that, he went off and left Jieun there confused. He turned to her, and then he smiled at her. He's smiling... she thought, at first not knowing what to say.

"We don't have to eat alot, just a little so the king won't be upset. That okay?" he asked her with the smile on his face still. She gave a nod and stood there, just staring at him. He smiled at her and walked away. She looks cute.