You're A Princess

The Princess' Ice Heart

Others passed by a 'Bunny' at the corner of the street, handing out flyers. Though some would just throw the flyer away. The girl stomped her feet lightly and pouted, her face showing where the face of the bunny was suppose to go. Little kids ran up to her sometimes and waved hello. It made the 'bunny' smile. She would fan herself with theflyers. When it was time for her break, she made her way slowly inside the medium sized coffee shop. Some actually followed her inside, she looked so adorable.

(picture of her in bunny suit) http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_7V5lfkrDWxA/TRAwuJVzepI/AAAAAAAACm4/GqUUJHEjRDY/s1600/IU-in-bunny-suit.jpg

"Jieun, you almost gave them all out?" the manager asked, going to stand next to her table.

The girl wearing the bunny suit looked at the flyers in her hand, "Ne, there's only a few left now." Jieun showed him the flyers with a smile on her face. He gave a nod then went to the back. Jieun tried to sit correctly in the seat, but it was hard to in the bunny suit. Her close friend Hyun Joong that worked with her there came up to her and smiled, "What would you like to drink or eat, cute bunny?" It was Easter, so the manager bought it early. She was the first to say that she could wear it, he would pay her extra.

She laughed and sat still, thinking about it. "I want..." she began to say. "a jelly donut and chocolate milk."

"Okay, hold on for a second," Hyun Joong said and went to the counter, putting a jelly donut on a plate for her. Then made her chocolate milk before heading back to her. He set it down on the table in front of her then sat in the seat across from her. Jieun tried her best to figure out how to eat the jelly donut without getting the bunny suit dirty. She couldn't grab it with her hands. 

"aish!" she pouted then looked up when seeing him grab it for her, putting it in front of . The plate underneath it so the crumbs won't spill. At first, she didn't know what to do but she took a bite of the jelly donut. "So good!" she smiled brightly, making him laugh. Others were staring, but she didn't care. Hyun Joong was her best friend since they were little. Their mothers were close as well.

She took another bite out of it and he smiled, wiping her face before putting the plate down. "Thank you," she said, and picked up her chocolate milk gently, sipping it. A chocolate milk mustache was made on her face after she put the cup down.

Hyun Joong laughed and smiled at her, she blinked her eyes. "What is it?" He pointed her face and wiped her face with a napkin.

"Chocolate mustache," he answered, smiling. Jieun laughed at herself and smiled.

"One more bite and I have to go back out," she said and he lifted the jelly donut to . One last bite and she went outside, waving to him. He went back to the counter and waited for more costumers. She waited outside and handed out the rest of the flyers. After 30 minutes, she had run out of flyers to hand out. She went back inside, telling the manager.

"Okay, you can leave for the day. You must be exhausted. Just leave the bunny suit in the office," he said and pointed to his office before checking on food in the back. She went to the restroom and took off the bunny suit. As was told, she left in the office then went back to the counter.

"Call me when you're off, we can go eat or something," she said brightly, smiling. Holding the money that she made in her hand.

"Alright, I'll be done after another hour," he said, nodding and smiled back. "See you later." He waved to her as she walked out.

Jieun felt really happy that she made extra money. Most of the money she would give to her parents. The rent was due today and she knew they didn't have enough. Putting the money into her pink wallet, she walked down the sidewalk. A magazine she would always buy, a new one was released. It didn't cost that much either, so she smiled. Grabbing the magazine, she handed the money to the person. She looked at the cover of the magazine, and smiled. They are really handsome, she thought to herself. On the front were four handsome men, they were the next succesors for South Korea. Well one of them would be. Which meant they were like princes. They were each orphans, and chose by the king. Their names were Yoseob, Wooyoung, Changmin, and Taeyang. All of them were going to school still and in the same grade as her. Except Taeyang was a year ahead of the them. Since the old king died, something happened to the original king and queen, but she didn't know exactly what. The old king was the father of the original king. He put his close friend in charge of finding a new one. The original king and queen did not have any kids. They did, but she went missing.

She continued to stare at the magazine then smiled and went off to the apartment. It was not that nice, but she was happy. Once she got to the apartment, she gave her mom and dad most of her money. At first they didn't want to accept it from her, it was her money.

"Umma, Appa. It's my money, and I'm giving it to you," she said, putting the money in her mother's hand. They hugged her tightly. She knew they felt guilty but they meant everything to her. After they parted from the hug, they nodded and her father went down the pay for the rent. It felt nice to be back home with her parents. Her legs were hurting from standing all day. But she didn't show it, knowing it would make them feel worst. Her head laying on the table with her eyes closed, she wasn't asleep. Her mother sat on the seat beside her, brushing her hair. 

"So pretty," she said softly, making Jieun smile. They didn't notice alot of cheering coming from outside. Her mother stopped to go find her father. "He shouldn't take that long to pay for the rent."

Jieun sat there still with her head on the table. She could hear her mother talking to her father outside the door with someone else. Trying her best, she couldn't figure out who the voice belonged to. Her parents walked and closed the door gently. They went to stand beside her.

"Umma?" she asked, seeing the sad expressions on their face. "Appa? What's wrong?" They looked at each other before sitting down with her.

"You..You are not our daughter. You're a princess," her father spoke gently, saddness in his eyes. Though Jieun thought they were joking around with her. Because when she was little, she would always pretend that she was one. Most little girls would, not a big deal. She laughed and smiled at her father.

"Right, right. I'm a princess, my dream has come true," she said jokingly. But they didn't smile or laugh like they usually would. She smiled at them and waited for a reply.

Her mother shook her head, "We're not playing. You're that princess that went missing as a baby. You were stolen and the person dropped you off next to a bridge since they were too scared to hold onto you." Her mother spoke softly and her eyes sad. She looked at her and slowly began to realize that she was serious. Though, she tried to deny it in her mind. This can't be...it's a joke.

"They're here to pick you up," she said gently and held Jieun's hands. Her father looked as though he was going to cry but was trying not to. She went to look outside the window to find a bunch of palace security guards around a limousine. A butler was waiting at the end, smiling at her. That's when she knew that she couldn't deny it any longer.

"Umma," she cried and hugged her mother and father. They began to cry, including her father. "I don't want to go." She shook her head and they cried for awhile before letting the butler inside.

"Are you ready, Gong Ju mama?" he asked, bowing to her. Jieun got up and her eyes red from crying.

Right before she was about to say no, that she wasn't going. Her mother spoke up first and stood up. "She'll get ready now," she said gently. Pulling her along with her to the room. Her father went with them and they began to pack.

"Umma, appa. Why are you letting me go?" she asked, almost about to cry again. They looked at her sadly.

"Your grandfather has been looking for you, but since he died. His close friend, the king in his place, has been searching for you," she explained, getting more sad. Jieun hugged her mother and father tightly.

"I love you both," she said, her voice shaking. "I'll still come. I promise." Once they were done packing, she went downstairs with them and the security and the butler put her things in. She hugged her mother and father tightly once again, not wanting to let go. After they parted, they looked at each other sadly. Then watched her leave, the security guards on motorcycles behind and around the limousine. Jieun's mother and father hugged each other tightly before going inside, crying.

In the limousine, the butler was inside with her. He let her cry, and patted her back. "Umma, appa.." she cried. In her pocket, something began to vibrate. She cleared and got her cell phone out. It was Hyun Joong calling.

"Hello?" her voice shaking.

"IU, what's wrong?" he asked her gently, only close friends would call her IU.

"I'm.." she couldn't get the words out. Clearing , she rubbed her eyes and said, "I'm a princess. They made me leave my mom and dad."

"What? A princess?" he sounded shocked and she nodded her head, even though he couldn't see.

"Ne," she said, crying into the phone. He tried to get her to calm down. "If you need me to come, wherever you're going, I will. I'm here for you." he said, which got her to calm down. She sniffled and wiped her cheeks. 

"Thank you," she said gently. The limousine came to a stop and she wiped her eyes. The butler handed her his handkerchief, she smiled gently to him, wiping her cheeks. "I'll call you back, I'm here."

"Okay, call me when you can," he said softly. "Be strong, I know you can." And he was right, she wouldn't be weak. They hung up and she checked her eyes, they looked okay. The butler got out and left the door open for her. When she got out, she couldn't believe it. The palace in front of her eyes. It was so big, bigger than a mansion. It was beautiful. Jieun blinked her eyes a few times before nodding to the butler, following him inside. There were maids in lines bowing their heads to her. They were lined up on both sides of her. But something else caught her eyes when she walked in completely. The four princes were upstairs, watching her walk inside. One looked curious, another looked at her with a smile, one just looked blank, and the last looked at her coldly.

"Welcome princess," the one smiling said aloud and she smiled back. Princess... She wouldn't get use to the word.

"This way mama," the butler said and put his hand out to the direction, bowing at the same time. She simply gave a nod and smiled gently, walking with him down the hallway and then finally into a huge room. An office it looked like. With many books around. Jieun looked around curiously then looked to the person that went up to her. He looked at her with a smile and nodded. It was the king.

"You're here, we found you," he said cheerfully with a big warm smile. She didn't know what to say but just smile. "Princess Eun Mi."