Getting things straight

Re-Love

The next few days Sooyoung was always out of her mind. She was too deep and lost in so many thoughts that she missed classes although she was sitting in class. 

"What is the answer to this question Miss Kwon?" The teacher suddenly called her. 

But Sooyoung was too deep in her thoughts. She didn't hear him.

"Hey!" Dongwoo slightly pushed her.

"Hm?" She looked at him.

He pointed at their teacher and Sooyoung turned around and looked at him.

"Miss Kwon, if you want to sleep, you may leave the class now." The teacher was glaring at her.

"N-No... I'm sorry." Sooyoung bowed her head and looked at her sheets.

She felt everyone's glare and felt even worse. After the class was over she packed her bags quickly and left the classroom. She wanted to be alone now. As she quickly made her way through the crowed to the rooftop, she heard someone calling her name. But she didn't stop. Soon she reached the rooftop and threw her bag on the ground. Then she layed down next to it and looked at the sky. It was cloudy and the wind was blowing. Without realizing she fell asleep. When she opened here eyes she was all wet. It had rained upon her while she was sleeping. She rubbed her eyes and looked at her watch. It was 4PM already. Slowly she got up and walked downstairs to leave the school. As she was walking down she met Sunggyu on her way.

"Sooyoung?!" He asked her shocked after seeing her all wet.

"Hey." Sooyoung smiled slightly.

"Are you trying to get sick?!" Sunggyu asked worried.

"No need to worry, I'm fine." She said and continued walking.

"Wait! Let me take you home! I just need to clean the music room. Can you wait?" He asked her while holding her arm.

"Sure..." Sooyoung nodded and followed him into the music room. 

There was paper lying all around. Sooyoung and Sunggyu were picking up the sheets when she saw some lyrics written by Sunggyu.

"I kept walking when I stopped and looked around - then I met eyes with you.
I quickly turned my head and looked at my feet - then I slowly looked up."

"Is that your song?" Sooyoung asked him and he looked at the sheets.

"O-Oh... t-this?" He blushed and took the sheets away from Sooyoung.

"Can you play it on the piano?" Sooyoung asked him.

Sunggyu looked at the sheets first, still blushing and then looked up at her.

"Sure." He smiled slightly. 

Then he sat down in front of the piano and looked at Sooyoung.

"What is? Are you going to stand? Come sit next to me." He said as he offered her a little space next to him. 

Sooyoung smiled and sat down. Then Sunggyu took a deep breath and started to press the piano keys. He closed his eyes and his fingers were floating above the keys. The melody was so beautiful and soft. Sooyoung could feel the message of the song without even reading all the lyrics. Sunggyu turned around and looked at her and smiled. Sooyoung smiled back. After he was done she clapped happily. 

"It was amazing!" She said.

"Really?" He laughed as he blushed and rubbed his neck.

"Yes! Do you mind if I can see the rest of the lyrics?" She asked him.

"Here you go... I'll continue to tidy up." He smiled at her as he got up.

Sooyoung smiled and continued to read the lyrics.

"My eyes widen, my lips slowly part
My heart is ringing in my ears.

60 seconds is enough for this story,
You have entered my heart.
I don't doubt that you have taken me in this not-so-short time
That's the kind of person you are, a story that's enough for me
I don't need a reason.
You made my heart flutter and you made me find you - that's the first time.

Your voice gets choppy and the tears slowly rise and overflow
I hug you in my arms for a while and then slowly let you go.

My eyes go blank and my lips lost all words 
My heart stops at the sound of your sighs.

60 seconds is enough for this story 
You have disappeared from my life
I didn't hold onto you, I saw your heart in this not-so-short time
That's the kind of person you are, a story that's enough for me
You're message has been clearly told
You said you were hurting and I let you go - that last time

My two different stories
It was a hot story and a cold time with you
Both are memories that you gave to me
My two different stories
A different you in the same time
Memories of both day

60 seconds is enough for this story,
You have entered my heart.
I don't doubt that you have taken me in this not-so-short time
That's the kind of person you are, a story that's enough for me
You have disappeared from my life
But I didn't hold onto you, I saw your heart in this not-so-short time"


"It's beautiful." Sooyoung said as she looked at the sheets.

"Thanks." Sunggyu smiled as he put the rest in his bag.

"Since when have you been writing songs?" Sooyoung asked.

"I don't really remember but whenever I feel like my thoughts are suffocating me, I try to write something." He said.

"Is there more?" She asked curious.

"Yeah... I can show you next time." He smiled.

"By the way, why are you so wet?" He asked her as he looked at her from head to toe.

"Oh... That's a little embarrassing." She laughed slightly.

"I was on the rooftop and I fell asleep...." She said as she looked away from him.

"Why were you there?" He laughed as he asked.

"To sort out my thoughts. I'm not talented in writing down my thoughts like you... I just stare at the sky and they kind of.... Sort themselves." She shrugged as she laughed.

"Is something bothering you? I heard from the boys that you weren't really yourself this past days." He asked her carefully.

"It's nothing..." Sooyoung said not looking at him.

"Okay... If something happens, you know we are all here for you. You can tell us whenever you want." He patted her shoulder as they reached the bus stop.

"You can go home... No need to take the same bus with me until I reach home." Sooyoung said.

"Nah, it's fine. I want to walk around a little bit too." He smiled.

"Sure?" She laughed as she asked him.

"Yup! 100%!" He laughed.

"Okay then." 

They sat down at the bus stop and waited for the bus. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From: Myungsoo

I'm bored... Let's hang out tonight! Movie night at my house?????

Sooyoung looked at her phone and sighed. She remembered the story Minhee told her about her and Myungsoo. Without knowing why Sooyoung felt hurt and betrayed by Myungsoo. She wanted to help them get back - if they were really in love. Her head told her that helping them was the right thing but she couldn't bring her heart to feel the same.

To: Myungsoo

Not in the mood, sorry.

Sooyoung wrote him back and threw her phone on her bed. Then she walked towards her wardrobe and opened it. She looked at her dresses and her eyes landed on a white dress. She reached her hand towards it but couldn't bring herself to take it out.

"It's better if I just leave it there." She whispered to herself.

Then she closed back her wardrobe and sat down on the ground. As she was blankly looking at the ground her phone vibrated.

From: Jongin

Hey... I was wondering if you were up to meet up with me...

Sooyoung growled and threw her phone back on the bed. Then she threw her body next to it and closed her eyes while frequently sighing. Just when she thought it was all better her phone vibrated again.

From: Jongin

Look, I think we need to clear things up. Don't get me wrong please...

"Clearing things up?" She sat up and looked at her phone.

To: Jongin

What do you mean 'clean things up'?

From: Jongin

Gonna tell you if you meet me :p

To: Jongin 

Don't fool around. I'm already tired. Just say it. No need to meet up.

From: Jongin

We need to talk face-to-face for this... I can come over if you want...

To: Jongin

Fine.... Remember the park near my house? Let's meet there in half an hour.

Sooyoung layed back down and looked at the ceiling. What could he mean with clear things up? Then she decided to get up and put some decent clothes on to go out. She has been in her pajamas the whole day. After doing so she walked downstairs and opened the external door.

"Myungki?" She heard her mom calling.

"It's me mom." Sooyoung answered her.

"Where are you going honey?" Her mother walked out of the living room towards her.

"A-A friend is coming and we're gonna meet at the park nearby." Sooyoung said.

"Okay.... Don't be late honey." Her mother sighed and walked back in.

"Okay..." Sooyoung said a little too quiet and put her shoes on and slowly started to walk. 

It took her around 15 minutes if she walked fast towards the park. Now that she was walking slowly she would probably be there in 20 minutes. While walking she was thinking of this and that. Soon she reached the park and sat down on a park bench. She watched the kids playing with each other. A boy threw sand at a girl and the girl started to cry. The boy watched the girl crying and soon he started to cry again. Sooyoung had to smile because they were so cute.

"You're early." She suddenly heard Kai's voice next to her.

"Oh... You came..." Sooyoung said and looked at him for a little while and then looked away again.

They didn't talk for a while and just watched the kids.

"Why did you call for me?" Sooyoung asked without looking at him.

"I... I thought that we needed to clear things up between us." Kai said.

Sooyoung looked at him and saw him blushing.

"I mean... What had happened that night..." Kai said and looked at her.

Their eyes met and Sooyoung couldn't let go of them. They were the same chocolate brown like the day they met and she could feel the same warmth. As she felt tearing up she quickly looked away.

"Don't look away from me when you need to cry." Kai said and grabbed her hand.

"No..." Sooyoung whispered and took her hand away from his grip.

"I'm sorry for what had happened. We were both not ourselves." Kai apologized.

Sooyoung didn't say anything and let tears escape her eyes. 

"Don't cry... I can't bear to see you crying." Kai said and turned towards her. 

He put a strand of her hair behind her ear. Sooyoung couldn't hold it back anymore and she started to sob as she hid her face in her palms.

"It's okay...." Kai whispered as he hugged her and her hair. 

"It's not okay..." Sooyoung said as she cried.

"It's not okay cause you are someone else's husband soon! It's not okay because he's someone else's boyfriend! It's not okay at all!" Sooyoung cried louder and hit his chest.

"It was so wrong... We knew it and yet we did it! I can't face Mei, I can't face my friends, I can't face anyone!" She said and pushed him away.

Kai looked at her.

"It's all because of me..." He looked down.

"It is! And I played along! I wish I never would have met you!" Sooyoung got up and wanted to walk away but Kai grabbed her hand.

"Don't say that.... Don't say something like that.... Because I learned so much from you. Don't say that and make me feel more guilty than I already do." Kai said.

"Just like you, I can't face Mei as well and that's why I needed to meet up with you." Kai said and got up as well, still holding her hand.

"Sooyoung..." He said as he led her behind the trees at the park.

"I'm going to finish it here. You will remain as my first and last love." Kai said and slightly pushed her towards a big tree.

"J-Jongin..." She whispered as he leaned in.

"S-Stop it!" She whispered and turned her head away.

"Sooyoung..." Kai put her hand softly under her chin and turned her head around so she was facing him again.

"D-Don't kiss me..." Sooyoung begged him quietly as tears rolled down from her eyes.

"I won't if you don't want me to." Kai whispered and hugged her.

Sooyoung's body was trembling as she cried in his arms. 

"I-I... I really loved you." Kai whispered as he kissed the top of her head.

Sooyoung couldn't hold it back anymore and hugged him tightly back as loud sobs escaped her lips. Kai didn't say anything anymore and just quietly her hair. 

"I-I..." Sooyoung said her head resting on Kai's strong chest.

"I feel the same way as I felt when Myungsoo died." She said and closed tightly her eyes.

Kai didn't respond her and continued her hair.

"When he left me.... Without saying goodbye properly." Sooyoung said and another sob escaped her lips.

"I-I... I feel like you are dying right now in my arms." Sooyoung whispered as she cried.

"I'll be here for you - always." Kai hugged her tighter.

"You won't." Sooyoung said and looked up at him.

"I will S-" Kai wanted to hug her but Sooyoung pushed him away.

"You won't, Jongin. You are some other girl's man now." She looked him in the eyes and then looked down.

"Myungsoo was right. A sudden goodbye doesn't hurt as much." She shook her head.

"That's why people don't know when they're going to die. Cause it's easier to let go of the people you love. I wish you could just disappear from my life." Sooyoung said and looked up at him.

"Let's part without telling each other. It'll be easier for both of us." She said and turned around and walked away.

"Sooyoung!" Kai followed her and grabbed her wrist.

She stopped but didn't turn around to face him.

"I'm not dead, Sooyoung. We can't just part... I can't just forget you. Because I'm still alive." He said.

Sooyoung's eyes filled with tears again.

"Do you hear me? I'm still alive and I will think of you, even if I'm someone else's man. You know before you, it was all just playing around and just surviving day by day. Then you came and you were different from everyone. It's not just your Mokpo accent that makes you so loveable... It's just the way you are, so mature and yet so immature. I love you, not for the way you look, but for the person you are deep inside. It was love at first sight.... I didn't believe in it, I never thought I could actually love. Because you saw the way my parents are.... They only have their business. No love, no affection. But you showed me that there are two sides of the same coin. While I only knew the dark and cold world, you showed me that there is also love and warmth in it. And what hurts me the most is, that the dark side of my personal coin was so strong and scary that it made you give in. You gave in and I lost the other side. I'm constantly losing it now and I don't know how to stop. Cause I don't have anyone in my life who shines as bright as you. You are the sun that burns me. You burn my heart and it hurts so much. And even if you leave, it will continue to burn and there will be no one who could rain on me to extinguish that fire. I might be dying in your heart but in my heart you're still blooming, every day, again and again. You can't just walk away and leave me. I can't do it. Cause I'm still alive and not dead. I'm alive and I have feelings." 

Sooyoung looked down and closed her eyes. Kai let her wrist go and walked passed her away. She didn't have the strength to look up, so she fell on her knees. Her hands turned into fists resting on her tighs as her tears poured down on them. She was quietly crying between the trees, away from the noises of the children laughing on the playground.
Suddenly she felt someone's hand on her shoulder.

"Unnie?" She heard a kid's voice calling her.

Sooyoung slowly lifted her head and saw a little girl standing in front of her. Her hair was tied into two buns on the right and left side of her head. She had a cute red dress on.

"Don't cry." She said as she reached Sooyoung a lollipop.

"T-Thanks." Sooyoung smiled slightly as she took it from the girl and quickly wiped her tears away.

"Was that oppa your boyfriend? Did he break up with you?" She asked Sooyoung.

Sooyoung just looked at the ground.

"I-I heard you talking..." The girl put her hands behind her and looked at the ground.

Sooyoung had to smile and patted her head.

"Yeah, he was my boyfriend." Sooyoung said and smiled.

"Unnie is so pretty. That oppa must be stupid. Leaving you. You know that's why I hate boys. Because they are stupid." The girl looked at Sooyoung.

"Yeah, he is stupid." Sooyoung whispered.

"Minaaa?" They heard a woman's voice. 

"Oh, it's mommy! Mooooommy!" The little girl called back.

"Mina, what are you doing here?!" Her mother walked towards them and Sooyoung got up.

"Mina! I told you not to speak to strangers!!" Mina's mother grabbed her hand and quickly led her away.

"But mommy, this unnie was crying!" Mina said as she turned back and looked around.

"It's not your business!" Her mother scolded her.

Mina was still looking at Sooyoung while walking with her mother. Sooyoung smiled and waved at her.

"Thank you for the lolly!" Sooyoung called after them.

Mina smiled and waved back. Then she disappeared from Sooyoung's sight. Sooyoung sighed and looked at the candy.

'Come to your senses.' She mentally slapped herself and walked back home.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Sooyoung!" Baekhyun called her from the end of the floor.

Sooyoung turned around and smiled.

"Hey, Baek, how are you?" She asked him as they walked towards each other.

"Fine, you?" He smiled and hugged her.

"Same." Sooyoung smiled.

"Are you heading to the canteen?" Baekhyun asked her.

"Yeah... I'm starving..." She sighed as she held her stomach.

"Let's have lunch together... Like we used to..." Baekhyun looked at the ground.

"Maybe not today..." Sooyoung smiled and patted his shoulder.

"Sooyoung... Everyone misses you. It's just not the same anymore." Baekhyun pouted.

"It'll be fine soon." She smiled.

"And you have Mei. She's an amazing girl!" Sooyoung said smiling.

"She's not you!" Baekhyun looked at her.

"Thanks, Baek, but I really can't." Sooyoung said.

"Why not?" Baekhyun asked.

"It's just.... Not right." She smiled.

"Because of Kai and Mei?" He asked her. 

Sooyoung didn't say anything and just looked away.

"I'm sure Mei doesn't mind... I mean they're going to marry either way in a week." Baekhyun said suddenly and his eyes widen as he quickly hid his mouth with his palms.

"I-I mean..." Baekhyun started to panic.

"No panic, I know they're marrying." Sooyoung laughed.

"H-How...?" Baekhyun asked surprised.

"I got an invitation." Sooyoung smiled.

"Did Mei give it to you?" Baekhyun glared.

"No.... Jong- I mean Kai gave it to me." Sooyoung smiled awkwardly and looked down.

"He- WHAT?" Baekhyun yelled suddenly.

"Yeah..." Sooyoung smiled.

"A-And are you coming?" Baekhyun asked her.

"I don't know yet." She sighed.

"Maybe you shouldn't come.... I mean if you'd feel suffocated... You know..." Baekhyun said and awkwardly rubbed his neck. 

"Don't worry." She smiled.

Baekhyun looked at her and smiled. Than he suddenly grabbed her hand and pulled her towards the cantene. 

"You're going to have lunch with only me today. Your boyfriend has to wait." He grinned.

"Y-Ya...." Sooyoung had to laugh.

Baekhyun bought them lunch and they sat down on a table in the middle of the cantene. 

"I-I feel the glares." Sooyoung sighed as she looked at her food.

"Just let them be." He smiled at her.

Sooyoung smiled and nodded. Then they ate their food and laughed while Baekhyun told funny stories. The school bell rang and everyone got up from their seats.

"Aren't you coming?" He asked her.

"I don't have any lessons now, Mr. Park is sick..." She said as she was still sitting on her seat.

"Heooool~ Lucky you!" He laughed.

"I need to hurry now. I'll see you later then. It was really fun!" He smiled as he quickly brought his tablet back and rushed to class.

After a while almost everyone was gone. Sooyoung was still sitting and playing with her food.

"Was it fun?" A girl behind Sooyoung said.

"Did you enjoy your lunch with Baekhyun oppa?!" She then hit Sooyoung's head.

"Answer me when I'm talking to you!" The girl said and hit her again.

Sooyoung turned around and looked at the girl.

"What are you looking at?" The girl wanted to hit her again when someone grabbed her again.

"How dare you?" Myungsoo glared at her.

"M-Myungsoo oppa..." The girl said shocked.

"If you lay another finger on her, then I'll make you regret that you were even born." He said and harshly let her go.

The girl cried and ran away.

"Sooyoung! How can I you let yourself get hit???" Myungsoo looked at her worried.

Sooyoung looked at him and her eyes filled with tears.

"I deserve it..." She said and tears escaped her eyes. She quickly looked away.

"What did you do to deserve it?! Lunch with Baekhyun? Really now?" He sat down next to her.

"I thought this all stopped...." He sighed.

"Let's get some fresh air..." He said as he got up and pulled her up as well.

Myungsoo led her out and they sat down on a park bench.

"Let it out." He said.

Sooyoung's hands turned into fists again as she tried to surpress her tears.

"It's me... It's okay... Just cry." He said and put his hand on hers.

Sooyoung looked up and tears escaped her eyes again. Her heart started to beat faster and her body started to heat up. Suddenly she remembered what Minhee told her and Sooyoung quickly took her hand away.

"Thanks for saving me, but..." She said and got up.

"I-I need to be alone." Sooyoung quickly walked away.

Myungsoo just watched her getting further and further away until she disappeared in the school building.

Sooyoung started to ignore Myungsoo from that day on, so she could get her feelings straight. Her best friend, Minhee, was loving him. Even before she came they were in love. She had no right to interfere with them. So she decided to ignore him. She ate her lunch alone or sometimes with some memberes of Infinite and Exo. But she never joined them when Myungsoo and Kai were there.

It was the day of Mei and Kai's wedding. Sooyoung had decided not to go. It was the best for her and for him if she didn't see him. She was laying in bed when she got phone calls and messages on her phone but she ignored them. She hugged her pillow and looked at the ceiling. Suddenly someone bursted into her room. Sooyoung turned around and saw Myungsoo.

"The heck? What are you doing here? Who let you in?! MOOOM!!!" She quickly sat up.

"For god's sake Sooyoung! I called you so many times and wrote you so many messages!" He walked towards her.

"Did I do something wrong?! Could you please stop ignoring me!" He grabbed her arms and started to shake her.

"Leave me alone! Who allowed you to enter my room just like that?!" Sooyoung pushed him away.

"I can't stand it anymore! You've been ignoring me for a week now and it's killing me!" Myungsoo got up and started to walk around in her room.

"I-I...." She looked down.

"You what? Sooyoung, whatever it is just tell me! I'll fix it!" He looked at her.

"I... I don't want to be friends with you anymore!" She just said without facing him.

"You.... What? Why?" He looked shocked at her.

"I... I hate you! You've seen me crying and getting hit. I don't want to look so fragile in front of you!" She said.

"And that's your reason? Sooyoung, look at me, we're not in kindergarten anymore! Do you know how worried I was??" He looked at her.

"Look, if it's about Kai's wedding that's stressing you so much, just forget him. Or let's go together. It's today isn't it?"

"It's not the wedding, Myungsoo, it's you that's been stressing me out so much!" She looked up at him and glared.

"What did I do to you?" He glared back.

Sooyoung didn't say anything and looked down.

"Fine, if that's what you want, Kwon Sooyoung. If you won't even tell me what's wrong and just ignore me, fine. If you want to ignore me, fine. From now on we're two strangers! Happy?!" He yelled at her and walked out as he banged her door shut.

Sooyoung sighed and laid back down on the bed. Then someone knocked on the door.

"Baby?" She heard her mother.

"Leave me alone." Sooyoung turned her back towards the door and closed her eyes.

"B-But baby... Let's talk..." Her mother walked in.

"Mom, I told you to leave...." Sooyoung sighed.

"Okay..." Her mother sighed too and left the room.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ugh i know it's a boring and short chapter :( i still hope you'll like it though! ;) 
i think the story is slowly coming to an end~
no silent readers please!!! :D 
love you all~~~