Chapter 2

We Got Married

Park Bom and her husband-to-be found each other’s voices to be really familiar. In fact, they were sure that their spouses are…

“Park Bom noona!”

“Jiyong?”

They looked at each other and glanced around, wondering who will confirm their guesses.

Just then, a waiter approached them, “This is your first guess?”

“Yes.”

“Yes.”

The studio announcers waited with bated breath, if it is indeed true, it will be the most talked-about pairing in WGM history, even in idol history.

“Congratulations! You have guessed correctly! This makes you an official couple on We Got Married!” The waiter clapped his hands and congratulatory music started playing. Hidden staff threw confetti over the newlyweds and a choir began to sing.

Bom and Jiyong took off their masks and stared awkwardly at the celebration around them.

“Wah, congratulations! Park Bom and Kwon Jiyong!” The studio exploded with delight and everybody started congratulating the newlyweds.

“The producers are really jjang! They managed to get not just Park Bom, but also G-Dragon! The G-Dragon! This is fantastic!”

“The ratings are going to hit the roof with these two as a couple.”

A choir member gave Bom a bouquet of red roses and congratulated her. As the celebration died down and the staff finally dispersed, Bom and Jiyong breathed a sigh of relief.

“Jiyong, you didn’t tell me you were joining WGM?”

“Neither did you noona.”

“I was ordered not to tell anyone so that nobody will find out who’s the new couple.”

“So was I. But am I simply anybody?”

“Huh?”

“Even if you were ordered not to tell, you should have told me, noona. I thought we were closer than that.”

Bom rolled her eyes, “I’ll remember that next time.”

“Good. Noona, since we are married, I’m your husband right?”

“Yes…” Bom answered hesitantly, certain that whatever Jiyong wants her to do, she isn’t going to like it.

“What are you going to call me? I mean, I’m going to call you Bommie.”

“What? But I’m older than you!”

“You don’t seem older and anyway we’re married, so let’s speak comfortably. I don’t want to call my wife noona.”

Bom blushed when she heard Jiyong calling her wife, “But-” She started to protest, but looking at Jiyong’s determined face, she gave up. “Alright, call me Bommie.”

Jiyong grinned widely at her acceptance, “So, what are you calling me then?”

“Jiyong?”, “Jiyongie?” Bom offered when Jiyong didn’t give any response. “Ji?”

“What about yeobo? Jagiya?” Jiyong keep offering intimate suggestions when he saw Bom turning red. “Since you’re used to America’s style, what about darling? Dear? Maybe you like princess better?”

Bom whipped her head to the side and refrained from looking at Jiyong, although she is fairly sure that he is chuckling. “You’re teasing me, Ji!” Pouting, she complained.

“I guess you decided on Ji. You’re too cute for words, Bom.” Jiyong finally relents after the first bout of teasing. He thought, anyway, there will enough time for that. Thank goodness Hyun Suk hyung gave me this chance.


1 week ago

“Jiyong, the We Got Married producers have begged me to let Bommie on the show for a long time and I decided to let her have a chance. You-”

“But, hyung! Are you sure that’s a good idea? Bommie is very innocent and she’s going to speak her mind and you know it may not always be a good thing for her and 2NE1’s image.”

“Jiyong! I’m not finished. I’m sorry that I had to put a stop to your budding romance six years ago. It wasn’t wise for you or Bommie to pursue a relationship at that time as it would only hurt both of you, especially her. All these years, I’ve watched you and her slowly working your ways to the top. I know you still harbor feelings for her so I’m gonna give you a chance to get her back. I’m going to suggest to the WGM producers your name as a potential husband to Bommie and since the two of you together is going to do wonders to the ratings, they will surely bring you in. I’m giving you my consent to do whatever you want on WGM. Let it be as realistic as possible so the fans can accept you two as a couple when it becomes a reality.”

“Hyung… You mean, after the show ends, we can date? And go public? I thought you don’t support in-house dating?”

“Yes. Both of you are mature enough to know what you are doing. Your fans should learn to be the same way. Bommie is old enough to have a boyfriend and you have loved her for afar long enough. Both your groups are among the top groups in Korea, and after WGM, I doubt the news of you two dating after that is going to impact your stature or fans much. Thus, be the nation’s couple on WGM so that your fans will be wishing for your happiness instead of bashing each other. I don’t support in-house dating because I think it’s not professional to mix work with personal business. However, the two of you work well together and both of you are too professional to let personal stuff interfere with your work.”

“Thank you hyung! I’ll do my best and win her heart. Our fans will have nothing but blessings for us. But, hyung, my final intention is to marry her.” Jiyong looked at his hyung with grim determination in his eyes.

“If you want to marry her, you have to get through all the guys in YG. You know how protective they are of Bommie. I’ll be watching you, Jiyong. So, be careful with her. She’s like my own daughter.” Yang Hyun Suk warned Jiyong. Although he always said he wasn’t bias, in reality he had a soft spot for the two young people who were mirror images of each other in working so tirelessly for their passion of music. He knew that they never blamed him for nipping their romance in the bud but he always felt a little guilty. He hoped that through this collaboration they will be happy and he can finally let go of his guilt.

“You’ll have to pretend that you don’t know your partner is Bommie.”

“Alright. Thank you, hyung. You have my gratitude. I won’t let you down, I promise. And I promise to compose lots of songs. Er… can I compose a duet for the two of us?” Jiyong asked tentatively.

“I let you two play a couple on WGM and you’re even asking for a duet?! Fine, fine, do what you want. But be careful of the fans’ reactions. Now, go away.”

“Yes hyung! Thank you hyung.”


Rushing with my uni stuff so updates may take longer time. Really sorry guys! I forgot to add that the characters are not 100% like their real counterparts, i just try to describe them as how they feel like to me.... the length of the chapters may not always be the same too...