Turning Around

Your the only one, I'm sorry..

____'s POV

That door shut so much harder than I intended it to, his words were a lot softer than I realized they were, his pain, his fear were all a lot deeper than I had ever thought to realize; I never paid attention to how he tried desperately to defend himself because I thought that everything he said was to hurt me not because he was hurting. As I sat in my car, at a red light, I began thinking that I should turn this car around. It was quite unlikely that he would try to appraoch me again, try to mend the situation and even if he did that could take another four months or even longer. I couldn't, cannot, refuse to wait that long. I felt the urge to go home and sleep it off. I felt like the rain was the perfect catalyst to the events of tonight, its all way too good to pass up, sleeping alone as well as crying in the dark, I could have any corner I preferred. But as that red light turned a bright shade of green I felt myself shift my car into gear, turning on the blinker and making a u-turn back to Kris's apartment. I couldn't leave tonight without truly getting to the bottom of this. I could not just leave his side allowing my arrogance and hatred to show. I had to be as gentle with him as I was the first time we kissed, when I first attempted to show him all of me.

 

Kris's POV

Has it really only been an hour since Arione has left or were my eyes playing tricks on me? Even though it felt longer the mess in front of me, the terrible sting of pain that I felt within my chest, my eyes being almost glued shut from the puffiness that resulted in my crying told me otherwise. As I lifted myself from the coach I removed a blanket and a note that fell onto the ground. I will be back a little late tonight, me and Soojin are having a date night. Make sure to wash that disgusting face of yours and eat something before you go to bed okay? Things will get better bro, I promise :) Chanyeol. I felt slightly relieved to have the place to myself yet lonely. I wanted to have someone here but not a guy defintely not Chanyeol but _____ instead. I decided to take a shower and change my clothes when I heard a knock on my door. I found it surprising since Chanyeol mentioned being out late, nevertheless I opened the door anyway without checking to see who it was. "Come in Channie, what did you do this time to piss Soojin off?" When I didn't receive a response I looked up to see the woman I wanted to be with standing in front of me. "Let's talk properly this time okay.." she softly told me. I stood to the side so that she could enter. I was both deliriously happy and devestatingly scared all at once. I smiled to myself as I realized that she was giving me another chance.

 

_____'s POV

Out of the corner of my eye I caught Kris smiling. I smiled to myself thinking that I missed seeing him smiling and being happy. I missed a lot of things about him that I wanted to try to convery properly tonight because I knew that this would be the last time we would join together like this. This was our final chance to fix everything, to mend everything and create something anew. I sat down on the couch and took in my surroundings. There was a trash can filled with tissues, Kris's favorite drama put on pause and a blanket folded up next to me. I looked at him with accusing eyes while asking, "Kris were you crying earlier?" His gaze softened in a manner that I had only enperienced once. I was shocked with the amount of truth that was in his voice, "Yeah I did. I was upset that I ran you out earlier, that I didn't make things better like I wanted to. Thanks for coming back, I'm not sure if I could have chased after you again. I don't think I am that strong." This was one of those very rare occasions where I would hear Kris even mention or confirm that he was weak in any way. I felt this strong urge pulling me towards him. I stood up and engulfed him in a hug; him standing at 6ft and me at 5'8" there was a nice amount of space in between us but thankfully he didn't have to bend down too much. I pulled away slightly from this hug and touched his face. His body trembled. He let out a shaky breath and then there it was again, him leaning his head into my hand. My body feeling like it was on the edge yet waiting anxiously to fall off. Whispering in his ear I said, "I love you." His eyes instantly opened and it felt like he was ready to distance our bodies again. "Don't you dare back away. Its going to be okay just allow me to help you, mend you and show you how love is supposed to feel." His eyes look frightened as he gazed deeply at me.

 

Kris's POV

"Don't you dare back away. Its going to be okay just allow me to help you, mend you and show you how love is supposed to feel." Did she really want to help me even though I am already this screwed up? "But I'm a heavy burden _____. I'm...I'm scared that your going to want to leave me. That you might change your mind and not continue loving me." I felt so patheitc telling her all of this even more so once I felt her fingers brushing tears off of my face. I had cried so much these past four and a half months that I could no longer control the tears that slowly spilled out. When I looked into her eyes she looked so hurt and tiered. "Why would you possibly think that I would ever get tiered of you? How could you call yourself a burden when your this beautiful huh Kris?" _____, ever since we became close had a thing for calling me beautiful. No matter how many times I told her that men weren't beautiful she insisted that I was the exception, that I was beautiful beyond words. Time went by and I actually believed her. I chuckled while looking down at her, " Men aren't beautiful _____." "Well yeah of course men aren't beautiful but the man thats standing before me is." And with that she slipped her lips onto mines. This time our kiss was different. I felt a sense of acceptance and even though I didn't say everything that I wanted to say it was as if she understood every word, she read in between the lines and was able to look into my eyes for the words that I couldn't convey to her on this dark night. Slowly she grasped onto my heart, her tongue captivating me enough to allow myself the ectasy of opening my mouth, to the possibilties she held on her tongue. I felt at ease, like my head was spinning around but with one of her hands on my side rubbing small circles on the skin on my waist under my shirt and the other hand keeping my head as close to hers as she wanted; I knew that I was safe. I knew that she would never let me go nor allow me to give up. As I reluctanly, slowly pulled away from her lips I looked into her expectant and slightly doubtful eyes as I said, "I love you _____." Tears welled up in her eyes and a smile blossomed upon her face. This was the closet I had ever gotten to seeing _____ cry and I knew that this would be a beautiful moment. Not only because she was allowing me to see her in a vulnerable state but also because her tears came from pure joy and happiness. I want to, no need to spend the rest of my life with her, to show her my love in the only way that two people could.