Vulnerable.

Your the only one, I'm sorry..

Kris's POV

"So you knew her already?" My anger began to surface, I was so confused. I didn't know whether to think that he was stabbing me in the back or if he was protecting me. All I knew is that Chanyeol already affected her, Chanyeol knew her and over time while I was too blind to see, Chanyeol was falling in love with her with _____. "Yeah, I already knew _____. I was afraid that if she met you before she got to know me than she would no longer be interested." his eyes grew gray and sunk in as he crossed his arms, as if trying to hug himself. As if he was attempting to shield himself away from the cold insecurity he had been harboring for so long. I looked at Chanyeol and with a soft voice said, "_____ is not that kind of girl. You wouldn't have had to worry about.." Kris was suddenly cutt off from Chanyeol's voice rising with his temper at its boiling point. "What do you mean I wouldn't have had to worry?! Damnit man haven't you been paying any attention? Since high school it has been this way. I like someone, I fall for someone they find out that I am your friend and begin to use me in order to get closer to you. Every girl since the 10th grade has been this way to me. You were just stuck so far into your own world that you couldn't even see this happening!" There was a silence within the room after Chanyeol's out burst. It was one of solice, of a truth being uncovered that was never truly supposed to be acknowledged. In a way Kris was and has always been in his own world. Its been his defense mechanism since his parents' cruel divorce and since then he has decided that he will only pay attention to certain things, to the important things but somehow he missed one. He missed the sad fact that his best friend who went through that same divorce with him, as his cheerleader cheering him up, was being forgotten and over looked; without his knowledge Chanyeol's feelings have only been a stepping stool to every girl that has passed through their lives; but this time with _____ instead of being stepped on Chanyeol decided that he was going to just move to the side. Yet his moving was in vain because to be completely frank, _____ wanted him even after meeting Kris...

 

Chanyeol's POV

I just stood there as water began to pour out of my eyes. I didn't realize it until Kris handed me a tissue that I had been crying. I knew how sensitive he was, I knew that when he brought her to lunch to meet me that he was already in too deep. His eyes, the way he smiled at her and his horrible attempt at being funny showed me how in love he already was with her. It hurt so much but I made the decesion to move aside. In order to allow him to fully realize what it meant to want to be with someone, give them your all and want to always be by their side because honestly since his parents' divorce I feel as if he has forgotten the beautiful feeling adoration, affection and love can give a person. "I know what your thinking Chanyeol and your completely right. If you would have told me about how you felt I would've been upset, felt betrayed and ignored you. Its just that with _____ she gave me something that I forgot about. Something that I conditioned myself to not need to feel." At this moment Kris's voice began to shake, he was afraid of losing his friend but most of all losing someone that Chanyeol allowed him to experience. "You need her Kris. She is the one for you. Yeah, I fell for her but to me it would've been just love but for you its a lifetime decesion isn't it?" I said these words with so much sympathy as well as care because I was beginning to tread into deep water. Never has Kris spoken this openly about what was growing deep within his heart. It was just something that he never did, I would do it all the time but he, himself would be the most reluctant. As his head began to rise his pride was also falling. Kris's vulnerability was at an all time high as he said, "How did you know that I wanted to marry her?" tears began to streak down his face. "How did you know huh? Who told you?! She won't want me Chanyeol. Let's be ing honest about this okay! Look at where I come from, how I've acted with her. Its been almost three months and I have yet to speak to her. Why would she want to spend the rest of her life with someone so unfit to be by her side...?" Kris's voice fell to a whisper, he rose from the couch and began making his way to his bedroom. "Its not too late to say something to _____ she will forgive you and understand if you just be honest with her and say everything." Seeing him like this was hurting me. He was overwhelming himself with just keeping all of these feelings to himself. Since he felt things so intensely he was also mourning in the worst way possible, alone, void of any human interaction. As I followed him to his room Kris stopped short and turned around to face me. "Please Chanyeol, I don't want to talk about this anymore. I feel so exhausted, I just want to sleep, okay?" Kris ended his statement as if asking a question. Maybe wondering if it was alright that he wanted to retreat to a place where he felt most comfortable, alone, with only his thoughts to keep him company and the tight pain in his chest acting as the lullaby that was going to allow him to sleep tonight. "Yeah sure. Get some sleep." Chanyeol turned around and left Kris's presence to retreat also into his room. He wondered if everything was going to be alright and if Kris was going to take his advice concerning _____. He knew deep within his heart how her love was for Kris. He knew that she wanted to give Kris her all but Chanyeol also realized that confessing to Kris was her way of opening up every door that he had shut, closed tightly. It was while laying on his bed that Chanyeol realized that this entire time Kris was planning each move of _____ and his relationship but things turned into the biggest plot twist when she confessed to him. Kris wasn't expecting a fault in his plan, there was no room at all for error but somehow she beat him, she forced him to come to grips with his emotions faster than he alloted time for himself to do. Chanyeol finally understood why Kris rejected _____ while they were in her dorm room, he rejected her because he was afraid to propose, to give her his all, to tell her that he's felt this deep connection to her since the first day they met. He was afraid of her reaction and most of all her answer. Kris was afraid of his proposal being rejected..

 

Kris's POV

Do you ever wonder if the stars shine out for you? Float down like autumn leaves and hush now, close your eyes before the sleep..

I walked into my room with my radio station on one of my favorite songs, Autumn Leaves by Ed Sheeran. It was the worst time for it to be playing because all it did was lead my feet to the place I haven't been to in three months, by her side. Looking at her from a close view, holding her and while she's in my arms fidgeting around in my pocket to try and gain some insight as to when would be the perfect time, the perfect time to ask her to be mines for the rest of her life. The moments leading up to this feeling I have acquired weren't what others would call normal but I didn't need that. I didn't need her to be my girlfriend to know that my best friend, was...is the perfect one for me. I open the bottom drawer of my desk to find a small black box, my heart shudders as I reluctantly open it. Within the case is the most beautiful ring I have seen, a ring that I hand made for her, with a sapphire royal blue gem in the middle of a platnium band and an inscription in my native language that read "For the only one whom has searched deep within my heart to find a hidden love I didn't know of"  I began sobbing uncontrollably. I spent an entire year making this ring for her, for the moment I would ask her but it was all forgotten once I was laying down on her bed and her eyes, her lips told me everything that I have ever wondered about. It wasn't supposed to happen like that, I had everything planned. But indirectly my plan had a fault and once being placed in that position I grew scared fast and needed to leave in order to compose my thoughts. I didn't want to abandon her, I didn't mean to leave _____ in the cold. But sadly thats what happend. I abandoned her and now while I'm alone in this room I want her here with me. Exhasution takes over my body and once again I am in her arms, laying down next to her. With a smile on my face I wrap my arms around her waist as she whispers into my ear, "Were you that tiered love?" ____ chuckles softly," If your ever tiered never hesitate to sleep next to me okay? I promise that I will protect you and your dreams as long as your arms are wrapped around me." Lightly she kisses my neck then her breath, so slowly moves up to my cheek as a tear falls she wipes it away and whispers for me to move closer. I fall asleep within her warm embrace.