Going straight to fate...

My Better Half...

Juhyun was about to step into the classroom when her phone started to vibrate. A message from Jessica. She only stared at the little yellow envelope on her Blackberry screen before putting it back into her bag, on silent mode. She was one of the most hard-working students. Always calm, she never talked unless she was asked to by a teacher and she was doing her best not to daydream too much. Her mind was sometimes playing tricks to her and she had a lack of attention, but her diligent work at home was allowing her to make up for the few shortcomings of hers. And, she always had Yoona to call her back on earth when she was too far away in her dreams.

The two young girls finally stepped into their classroom. It was the best one of her grade and so, the loveliest of all, decorated into pastel tones. The huge windows gave onto the playground and the sun crushed against it in the lovely weather days, to heat up the room from its soft warmth. On the back wall was a huge fresco painted by the art club especially for the room. The tables for two, all correctly in line, was in a oak wood which was always shiny, the chairs were comfortable and the high stage for the teacher was always clean. Everything was made to make the girls students feel good in here... And yet, Juhyun couldn't help but being not at ease each time she crossed that door. Everything was too beautiful, too smooth, too perfect. This place had a lack of spontaneity, just like her own life.

"Who is it?" Yoona asked, walking to her seat.

"It's Jessica. You know, my friend living in San Francisco, who often comes back in South Korea. I'll look at it after class..."

All that Juhyun hoped was that Yoona wouldn't try to lecture her about the how bad company this young American girl with Korean origins was. She has heard a lot about her and especially her exploits with boys. Jessica was slightly older than Juhyun and they had met in a holiday club where their both families were at. They were getting along pretty well but they had diametrically opposite character. Jessica's obession were boys and especially cute boys. She was always involving her in flirt plans in which Juhyun was feeling horribly not at ease. She never knew what to say.

Thankfully, she didn't have the time to make the least comment. The literature teacher was here. Literature lessons were Juhyun's favorites. To read didn't ask her many efforts et often, it allowed her to escape a little from her daily routine. Her parents were obliging her to some kind of rigor : to work hard, to get As and Bs, to be always presentable, to be feminine and graceful, to be extremely good-mannered, not to care about futilities, though they were thinking her limitless passion for fashion was a frake for their wishes for her and her future - to find a good husband and to become a good wife. Nothing else. Chocking prospect but she was submitting to it after all, for lack of better.

To be honest, was it really for lack of better? No, it was for lack of will and Juhyun knew it. She didn't dare going against their advices, though she didn't always share it. To assert herself was something difficult for the shy girl she was. It was no random if she had so little friends, except Jessica and Yoona. She never dared enough. It happened to her, of course, but it was rare.

It was only once the lesson over that she decided to read the message her other friend has sent. She had enough time to answer until the new teacher arrived. Jessica was asking her to accompany her at the cultural festival of the High School next door, twin of hers, obvisouly, it was a school filled up with boys. Leaned over her, Yoona read the message too. Juhyun hated when she did stuff like this but she never made any comment. It was nothing mean from her, she was only thinking about her own good and she knew it. But, it was irritating!

"I hope you won't go. If your parents learn you have been skipping piano lessons for that, they're going to kill you."

"I know that very well, what do you think?"

Cornered, Juhyun couldn't answer right then. She waited for the second break, when Yoona went to the toilets, to finally send a message. Yes, she perfectly knew she had piano lessons and her parents would not agree but it was a good reason for her. Each time Jessica was around, Juhyun growing more confident. She was feeling as if she could do and dare anything, even if it was by proxy.

When Yoona came back, she had troubles hiding her blushing cheeks and her embarrassment. Brave but averagely rash. She had to force herself not to tell her the truth and to behave in a regular way again, as if nothing had happened.  She simply said Yoona she was ashamed from refusing an invitation to a friend she haven't seen for a long while. Here was the pious lie.

The day went by pretty quickly and Juhyun almost forgot Jessica's message. She was violently reminded of it when she saw the young girl waiting for her next to the gate of her school. Palide, she understood Yoona was about to know she willingly have lied to her. She feared her reactions a bit. The young girl was not wearing a uniform but red jeans shorts, which, well, was pretty short, a tight body white tee-shirt with a skirt with squares, in red tones as well, with at her feet, opened pumps with vertiginous heels. Her dyed blond hair was delicately framing her small face with porcelain skin. To see her this way, no one in the school would ever guess she was there to pick Juhyun.

The two teenargers stopped at their level, Yoona following her best friend closely. Jessica held Juhyun in her arms. With her heels, she was able to reach her size but without it, she was much smaller!

"My JuJu! It's been a long... You are so damn lovely now! Are you ready to go?" She asked with an extremely cheerful voice, a smile on her face.

"Well, in fact..."

"Juhyun has her piano lessons, she can't skip it. Can you, Juhyun?"

"Yoona, I'm sorry. I promised Jessica. I don't see her that often, you know, so..."

Her head low, she didn't dare looking into her eyes.

"You are not going to do that, are you? You know they will kill you!"

"I would tell them I went to revise my mathematics at the library, it's going to be alright. Why don't you come with us? You may have fun!"

"I can't, I've got my ballet lessons. And I don't want to lie to my parents. Juhyun, you do as you're pleased but be careful. Eonni, sorry for the cold greetings. I'm pretty hurried, I'm going. See you tomorrow."

And she turned her back on them quickly. Juhyun have seen into her cold stare she was vexed. To be honest, Yoona was scared each time she let her best friend with Jessica. Not because she thought the lovely blond girl was a threat but beacause she knew Juhyun was easily influenced in the meaning that she had troubles saying no to that special person. More than anything, she was scared she would change and get away from her, by becoming someone a little more debauched. Because Yoona was as bundled up in her life as Juhyun was. The only difference was that Yoona never dared anything at all. Absolutely never.

"Well... Shall we go? Do you have civil outfit?"

"Why are you asking this?" Juhyun questionned looking at her uniform from chest to toe, convinced it was pretty appropriated for almost anywhere.

"It's much better if no one knows which school you're from. For the mystery. But well, it's not serious, let's go this way. Anyway, you don't care about boys. We could play some games, there are many stalls."

Jessica was talking as if she knew a lot about it.

*************************************************************************************************

Yes, I know there is no ChangSeo in this chapter but I had to set the encounter scenery. Changmin will be there at the next chapter, with SeoBaby, I promise! I hope you guys liked it and thanks for your subscribtions, comments and other kind of support! ♥