Pairing

Awkward Doesn't Begin to Describe It

“What’d you do, ransack Min’s closet?”
Jongwoon blinked at Kyuhyun, “Huh?”
“You’re very pink.” Kyuhyun reached out and the lapel of Jongwoon’s pink leather jacket, “I thought you were supposed to be a good example for Min, not him be a bad example for you.”

Jongwoon knocked Kyuhyun’s hand away, “Jealous much? This jacket is awesome.”

Kyuhyun smirked, “So this is to compliment your pink hair? Are you trying to imitate Min?”
“Sungmin-ah’s never had pink hair.” Jongwoon pulled a hand through his hair, “Shindong-ah’s the one who has had pink hair.”
“I don’t mean the hair color. I mean the pink.”
Jongwoon blinked at Kyuhyun, “Sungmin-ah doesn’t own the color pink. What’s the big deal?”

Kyuhyun shrugged, “It’s just weird. You’re supposed to be masculine. Pink isn’t exactly…”
“Isn’t exactly what?” Sungmin’s voice spoke up from behind, “What is it, Kyu? Gay?”

Jongwoon rolled his eyes at Kyuhyun, “Seriously, calm down. It’s just a color, Kyu. Besides, I make this look good. Right, Sungmin-ah?”

He held up his hand for a high-five and Sungmin reciprocated, “Hell yeah, hyung! I like it.”

Kyuhyun stared at his hyungs as though they had sprouted extra heads. He narrowed his eyes before glancing up and down at Sungmin.

The man wore a graphic tee and an oversized printed triangle scarf. Black jeans and a woolen knitted cap.

“Wh- did you two just dig around in each other’s closets this morning or what?”
Sungmin and Jongwoon exchanged a confused glance before turning their attention back to Kyuhyun, “What do you mean?” They said in unison.

“Okay you’re creeping me out.”

They both shrugged and Kyuhyun lifted his hands in defeat, “I don’t get it and I’m starting to think I don’t want to get it.”

They grinned at each other when Kyuhyun left the room.
“Once he tells Wook what he saw, everyone in SuJu will hear it. C’mon, hyung, let’s go for a walk.”
“Sure – I’ll even treat you to lunch.”
“You treated last time.”
“I’m your hyung, I should always treat you.”
“Let me treat you for once.”

They bickered as they left the dorm together.

Kyuhyun watched quietly before turning to retreat to his own room.
He pulled out his phone and began texting Ryeowook, “I guess Sungie and Minnie are best friends now. I just saw them together acting so weird.”

Ryeowook, who was just a few doors away in his own room, texted back, “Sungie-hyung. Minnie-hyung. How so?”
“Whatever. I think they’re wearing each other’s clothes.”
Ryeowook giggled, “We wear each other’s clothes all the time.”

Kyuhyun grunted, “I know but it was more like they traded styles. Sung was wearing all pink and Min was wearing all black.”
“Sung-hyung and Min-hyung are probably just trying new things.”

“Whatever, I don’t know why I bothered to say anything. You keep an eye on them then, tell me they aren’t acting weird.”
“Sure, Kyu-ah, I’ll do that.”

Kyuhyun decided that it wasn’t even really his business anyway and he shouldn’t even care. He would go and play some Starcraft and completely ignore whatever his weirdo hyungs were up to.

He his computer and figured he might as well check his email first.
Which turned into checking his twitter, his weibo and then checking on a couple of fansites to see what was the big news.
“Wow.”
He called Ryeowook’s cell, “Wookie, c’mere, I got something to show you.”

A few moments later Ryeowook walked in, “What’s up?”
Kyuhyun gestured to his computer screen, “As much as it kind of freaks me out how fast the fans are, I’ll give ‘em that. They aren’t screwing around here.”

Ryeowook’s eyebrows rose, moving to see the younger’s screen.

On screen were Sungmin and Jongwoon, walking together into a café near the dorm.

Sure as Kyuhyun had described them, they looked as though they had raided each other’s closets.
The fans shared a similar opinion, several voicing how much they liked Yesung in Sungmin’s trademark pink. Other’s pointing out how y Sungmin was in black.
Soft cries of YeMin on the internet.

“Huh.” Ryeowook grinned, “That is kind of odd. But they look good!”

Kyuhyun closed his eyes for a moment, “Aside from that. Those two are so awkward around each other. They can barely sit in the same room. What are they doing?”

“Maybe they’re learning to get along better. I’m so proud of them. I should make them something special for dinner!” Ryeowook clapped his hands together, “Woonie-hyung was so worried about his relationship with Minnie-hyung. I know they both want to become better friends and get rid of all that awkwardness. Looks like they’ve found a way!”

Kyuhyung shook his head, “If I didn’t know any better, I’d say you were a fan of the pairing.”
“Who says I’m not?” Ryeowook replied brightly, “I think they’d be great together.”
The older of the two practically skipped out of the room, “I’m so excited, I should tell everyone!”

--

“See?” Sungmin held out his tablet to Jongwoon.
“You think Wookie’s seen these yet?” Jongwoon smiled at the fansite showing the two of them in the seats they were currently sitting in at the moment.
“It’s a little creepy the way we’re seeing ourselves from two minutes ago.” He commented, “At least they’re reliable, our fans.”

Sungmin giggled as his phone buzzed.
He checked it, “Yep, looks like Wook’s seen them.” He showed the other man the text from Ryeowook.
So proud of you and Woonie-hyung! Daebak! ^^ Making you two special dinner, have fun together! Rooting for you! <3

“We’ll be getting texts from the others in a few minutes.” Jongwoon laughed.

He sighed happily, “I’m really happy right now, Min.”
Sungmin grinned, “I am, too, hyung. I’m sorry for all the time we’ve wasted being awkward.”
“Let’s not let it happen again! Let’s just hang out all day. We can get ice cream or- or walk in parks. Let’s rent bikes!”
Sungmin laughed, “Okay, hyung! Today is just about us!”

TBC

--

A/N: Sorry for updates far and inbetween.
I'm kind of slowing down on this one in ideas.
I don't see this going on for more than a couple more chapters, if even that.
Sorry ; w ;