Rat race

You're not my oppa

 

29 July 2014

 

What was going on? Seriously? Was it just me or did everything seem way brighter and more colorful? It felt like the city was warmer. Sure it was summertime and it was freaking hot, but the whole feeling was different. The city was nicer, the people were nicer. Everything was nicer. I was feeling so light. I was almost jumping my way to Super Junior’s dorm. To the place which have become my second home. There have been so many happy memories in there.

Okay, yeah sure I know that the reason why I’m feeling this way is, because I’m going to see him again. Even though it has been a year, he still makes me feel this way. I still remember the time I was going to respond to his confession... God it was awkward after that! But yeah, time sure heals... Now we were closer than ever.

Sure Sungmin had his own little flaws, but they didn’t bother me that much anymore. I hardly even notice them. For example, he got jealous easily. I mean seriously! He didn’t even trust on his bandmates. I know that all Kyuhyun does is for teasing, but for some reason that really pisses Sungmin.

 

FLASHBACK

 

“Sora! Hurry up! I will start without you!” Sungmin shouted and sounded a bit annoyed.

I rolled my eyes. Geez this kid. The word patient was unfamiliar to him. “Just a second Sungmin! The popcorns are ready in a minute and you were the one who wanted them!” I shouted back at him while looking through the larders.

“Need some help?” I heard someone asking behind me.

I jumped a bit. “Gosh! Stop that Kyuhyun! I almost got a heart attack,” I tried to calm myself down.

Kyuhyun chuckled. “Sorry. You are having a movie night with Sungmin? That’ nice... Ryeowook was bitten by a cleaning bee and rearranged everything. The bowls are now up here,” he took one bowl and gave it to me.

“Thanks. I thought things were bit differently. So anyway, how are you? I haven’t seen you for awhile,” I talked to him while putting the popcorns in a bowl.

“Nothing new. I’m still hosting the Radio Star and stuff like that. It’s a bit boring since we hadn’t had a comeback for a while. I miss singing...” Kyuhyun sounded a bit sad. I kind of felt bad for him.

“Poor you. But aren’t you going to have a comeback soon with Super Junior-M? I thought Sungmin said something like that.”

“Yes, that’s true. But that means we will be promoting in China. And that means that I won’t see you,” Kyuhyun pouted cutely.

I giggled. “Very funny Kyuhyun. But even if you won’t see me, you can always call me,” I smiled.

Kyuhyun’s pout turned into a smile. “Really? I can call to you?”

I shrugged my shoulders. “Sure, why not?” it’s not like he was that serious anyway. And I wouldn’t have minded. Kyuhyun was my good friend, like the others too.

“Really? Thank you Sora!” he smiled happily and he hugged me tightly.

“Ky-Kyuhyun!” I was a bit taken back by his actions.

“What’s going on here?” I heard Sungmin’s voice behind me. And he didn’t sound happy.

I turned to see him and yep, he really didn’t look happy.

“Oh, hi hyung! Nothing much! Sora just promised me that she will call me when we are in China,” Kyuhyun said happily and didn’t have any reason to let go of me which made Sungmin even angrier.

“That’s not what I said. Anyway Kyuhyun, shouldn’t you be gone by now? Don’t you have Radio Star’s shootings today?” I said quickly.

“Oh that’s right! I’ll see you guys! Bye!” he gave me one last squeeze before he left.

“So, should we start the movie now?” I grabbed the popcorns and made my way to the living room, but Sungmin stopped me by grabbing my wrist.

“What was that?” he asked angrily.

“What was what? You know Kyuhyun. He’s just playing around. He didn’t mean any of that,” I didn’t like the way Sungmin acted. So possessive.

“Well I’m not that sure...” he muttered.

“Really? You don’t trust your own bandmates? Geez, Sungmin! Can you stop that? I really don’t like how you act. You sound like a jealous boyfriend,” I rolled my eyes.

“I’m sorry. I didn’t mean it like that.. I just don’t like to see you getting that close with other males,” he had regret in his voice now.

I couldn’t stay mad at him for a long. The way he acted was kind of sweet. “Okay. You know I won’t stop being close with the other’s they are my friends too. But if it bothers you, then talk to me first. No need to act like you are going to beat the crap out of Kyuhyun,” I chuckled and ruffled his hair.

“Thanks Sora, you really are the best,” he smiled softly and hugged me.

 

FLASHBACK END

 

Yeah, he really got jealous easily. Like Leeteuk... Hmm... Leeteuk. Even though I was over him, we didn’t mention him. I don’t know what it was, but Sungmin started to feel really uncomfortable if I even said his name or we saw a poster of him. I tried to ask what it was, but he just muttered that it was nothing.

 

FLASHBACK

 

“Hey! What’s this?” Sungmin asked and raised an envelope.

I sighed. “You know, it’s not very nice to go through someone’s stuff. And especially letters and stuff like that.”

“Okay, I’m sorry. But seriously. What is this? Did you receive some award?” Sungmin asked while reading the letter.

“Yeah, but it’s not that big thing. It was just some online voting thing.”

“Every award is a big thing. But why did you receive it?”

“I didn’t receive it by myself. I got it with Leeteuk,” I muttered. I really didn’t want to talk about it with Sungmin.

Sungmin froze. He didn’t even blink. He just stood there and stared at me. He looked kind of scary.

“Hello? Sungmin? Are you there?” I waved my hand in front of his face.

“W-w-w-w-w-wae? Why did you get this?” he stuttered.

“I really don’t know. I mean, it had been almost two years since we stopped filming, but apparently we still have some loyal fans,” I shrugged my shoulders. “Did Leeteuk also get this?” I pondered out loud and took the letter from Sungmin. Better that he won’t see it, because otherwise he will get mad.

“Leeteuk, Leeteuk, Leeteuk. You still think of him, don’t you? I bet you cried when you read this letter? Why didn’t you call me right away? I would have been there for you Sora. You don’t trust me, right?” Sungmin kept on and on.

I really don’t understand what’s wrong with him. Everytime Leeteuk is mentioned, he starts to blabber nonsense and he thinks that I still love Leeteuk and other stuff. And every time I had to convince him.

I sighed. I took Sungmin’s face in my hands and made him look at me. “Sungmin, look at me. How many times do I have to tell you? I’m over him. I really am. Okay, it’s true, I will never forget him, but I don’t miss him anymore. Now I have you. You will always be there for me. I don’t need him anymore. And I don’t even want him. He makes me miserable, but you, you make me happy,” and I really meant every word.

 

FLASHBACK END

 

And I couldn’t be happier! I’m telling you. There’s nothing that would make me feel unhappy right now. Nothing! Nothing at all...

“Oh! Annyong haseyo, Sora-sshi! Nice to see you again,” the doorman’s voice cut my thoughts. I didn’t even realise that I was already in front of their house. The doorman smiled warmly and bowed to me.

I bowed back with a big smile on my face. “It’s nice to see you too Kevin-sshi. But are you sure that you are okay? Isn’t it pretty hot here? How can you manage?” I shook my head.

Kevin just laughed. “I have used to this. And pretty women like you brighten up my days,” he smiled and winked.

“Oh stop it!” as cheesy as it was, it still made me blush.

“You are here to see Sungmin and the others, I assume?”

“Who else?” I smiled.

For an answer Kevin opened the door for me and let me in. I thanked him and almost run to the elevator. I don’t know why, but all of sudden I was feeling really excited. It’s not like this was my first time in their dorms. And I just saw Sungmin and Kyuhyun yesterday. So why am feeling like this?

And just my luck, the elevator was way too slow. So I decided to take the stairs. I run the stairs quickly and didn’t even get exhausted. Every step that took me closer to their door, made me happier. By the time I was standing in front of their door, my smile had reached my ears. Seriously, what the hell was wrong with me today?

I was about to ring the doorbell, but then I realised that the door was open. That was weird. They never left it open. Who could have been this absent-minded? Was it Heechul? Or maybe Kyuhyun? Geez, do I have to lecture him about this? What a baby sometimes...

“Hey you guys! You really shouldn’t leave the door open! Who knows what kind of sasaeng fans will show up?” I joked as I entered.

The house seemed empty. That weird. Normally there always at least one of them here. Did they really left the door open when they left? I hope they hadn’t been gone too long. Who knows if some burglar had noticed this?

I took my phone out of my pocket and I was about to call to Sungmin and yell at him, when I suddenly heard some noise coming from the living room. I froze. What was that? Someone was here? Wait! What if it really is some burglar? What should I do?

I bit my lower lip and took a step closer to the living room. Yep. It definitely was someone. I tiptoed to the door and peeked in.

I froze when I saw who was standing in the living room. He was facing the other direction, but I knew without seeing his face, who it was. That back was way too familiar to me. Those muscular arms and that fine back. His beautiful back of the head and those strong looking legs. It was impossible for me to be wrong about this.

And god I wished I was.

I wasn’t ready for this. I’m not even sure if I’ll ever be. I mean are you kidding me? For god knows how long it took me to get things right in my life and now he just shows up and destroys everything. No. This was so unfair. Why did this have to happen? Was this some bad karma? Have I done something wrong and the universe decides to punish me?

He still had his back faced on me and I don’t think he had realised me. Good. Maybe I can still turn and run away. I should run. Run away. That was the best solution to everything. I didn’t want to face him and the problems he caused.

I took a step back and I was about to turn and leave, but once again universe wanted to mess with my life. I accidentally hit my foot on this stupid table and this stupid vase on top of it dropped down and broke into a small pieces. And yes it made really loud noise.

“,” I muttered.

I quickly looked up and saw that he had also realised this. The next minute felt like it was going on slowmotion.

He got up from the floor really slowly.

No.

He turned around.

No.

He noticed me.

No.

He looked really surprised when he realised that it was me.

No.

He took a step closer to me.

No!

He opened his mouth and for the first time in almost two years I heard his angelic voice saying my name. “Sora?”

And just like that I knew I had just fallen into a rat race. Everything was back. I felt like I was watching my life in speedup and every memory of us came back to me like they had all happened yesterday. It felt like these past two years never happened.

I couldn’t move. I wanted to run, escape, but I had lost the connection with my body. I just stood there and looked at his beautiful face. God how I had missed them.

He had become more masculine. He looked older. His black army hair made him look wiser. Don’t know how that had anything to do with it, but still. His eyes didn’t have that soft look nor sparkle. He didn’t have his goofy smile. I couldn’t see his dimple. He looked so different.

And still he made me feel this way.

Neither of us said anything. I tried to control my feelings so that I wouldn’t start crying in front of him. And he... He just stood there and it looked like he didn’t believe his eyes. Maybe he didn’t want to see me? Well why would he want to?

Suddenly I heard loud footsteps coming from the outer hall and Kyuhyun’s voice. “Yah hyung! How can you just leave us like that? Seriously,” Kyuhyun nagged from the door. I“Ah! Sora! You are here too!” his tone changed softer after he spotted me.

I still couldn’t see him because my gaze never left Leeteuk. But I did hear how the others came in since they weren’t that quiet. I bit my lower lip and hoped that one of them would save me. Someone please help me!

“Sora!” I suddenly heard my guardian angel’s voice.

I couldn’t answer to him. I wanted to run to him, but my feet were stuck in the floor. I wasn’t able to run away. I wanted so badly. I felt how my eyes got watery and there was no way to stop them.

Suddenly I felt how his strong arms went around my waist and how he turned me around so I was facing his chest. He pulled my head on his chest so I didn’t see anything. Or maybe he did it because he didn’t want Leeteuk to see my tears which were now running down on my cheeks.

I buried my head even deeper in his chest and didn’t even care how I ruined his white shirt with my salty tears. I really didn’t care anymore.


 

I remember when we broke up, the first time

Saying this is it, I've had enough, 'cause like

We haven't seen each other in a months

When you, said you, needed space, what?

Then you come around again and say

Baby, I miss you and I swear I'm gonna change

Trust me, remember how that lasted for a day

I say, I hate you, we break up, you call me, I love you

 

Taylor Swift - We are never ever getting back togeher

 

 

 

Okay where do I even start? I'M SO SO SO SO SO SORRY! It took me this long to update... I have some reasons: first, people were like "no I don't want to hear about Sora and Sungmin. Bring Leeteuk back" and stuff like that... Witch kind of made it hard, because I had like 3-5 chapters about Sora and Sungmin and I had to made some huge changes and yeah... And also if you read me other fic Fake Flower (which is now my main fic) you know what have happened in my life in the past months..

What really surprised me was that none of you guys left me. I mean I wouldn't have blamed you. It took me this long and you all stayed and even commented. And I even got new subscriber. I really don't deserve you guys. You are the best <3 I love you so so so so much <3

But anyway! I'm back with this fic and I really want to continue this one again :) I have so many ideas and I want to write them! I think I will update this fic once or twice a month. I don't know why, but it tooks me so much longer to write this than Fake Flower...

And if you guys are interested in my other teukso-fics, go check them out too! Fake Flower and Behind the Scenes.

And if you have any questions or just want to yell at me 'cause it took me this long, please comment! I will answer in every comment :)