8

Because being normal is boring

[Daehyun's POV]

"So, you're friends with Zelo?"

"Yeah, his only friend. Are you going to beat me up now? For being friends with the freak?"

I saw him wince when I said freak.

He chuckled and said, "No." I detected a hint of sadness hidden in his deep laugh. I knew instantly that Yongguk and Zelo had history.

"Can you tell Zelo that I'm sorry? And can you tell him to meet me after school tomorrow, near the skate park? Please."

I saw the mechanoly look in his eyes.

I really didn't want to, but I promised Yongguk that I would.

Yongguk left the room with a bounce in his step, but Youngjae came back into the room with a hurt look on his face.

THE NEXT DAY

[Yongguk's POV]

I went to school with a great mood. I was oblivious to everything through out the day, only anticipating meeting Zelo after school. It started raining, though. I groaned, thinking that this might be an omen. But that wouldn't happen, right? That's just some superstitious .

I ignored the rain and left school. I walked to the skate park. I stood there, waiting for Zelo. The raindrops felt cool as they hit my skin.

[Youngjae's POV]

After I forced everything out of Daehyun, I ran over to Yongguk. I had seen Zelo leave school already. Since Zelo wasn't with Yongguk, I assumed he was somewhere else. I went over to Yongguk and told him straight up. He had to know.

"Yongguk, he's not coming. Give it up."

He wouldn't listen. He kept saying that Zelo would come.

I could easily make him go home with force, he knew how easily I could do that. He had seen it before, so him defying to this point was strange. I was going to make him leave, he was going to get sick. But I saw something in his eyes; he needed this.

So, I left him.

[Yongguk's POV]

I waited and waited. Youngjae had found out what was happening from Daehyun.

"Yongguk, he's not coming. Give it up." 

I didn't want to hear it. "No! He's coming. He's just a little late."

"A little? It's been an hour already."

I shouted,"Shut up! Just shut the up, he's coming." I wasn't thinking anymore. Youngjae left me with a look of pity on his face. I quickly shook it off and sat down on the curb, getting even more drenched as the rain continued to fall.

Hour after hour passed, until it finally turned completely dark. I stood under the flickering street light with a lump in my throat. After another hour, I shoved my hands into my pants and started my bitter walk home.

I had to face the undeniable truth:

He wasn't coming.