Chapter 6

Your Blood

Kris’s POV

“And I’m the demon who falls for you…”

That was it, I told her the truth about us. I made her fall into the fantasy that I created for her in order that she was able to remember me. I couldn’t think of any way, I didn’t know how to make her fall for me because I had been a jerk for her already ever since she entered this building.

I looked deep into her eyes, her hazel eyes would never fail to amaze me since our first meeting. She looked confused because of me, it seemed like she hadn’t realized about what had happened between us yet.

“Amber…” I hugged her, my voice tickled her left ear and I could feel her gasping from the way her body flinched. I just did the same thing that I had done before to her when we were still together as complete demon and angel who disguised as a demon, it was always romantic between us. I should admit that I had never fallen in love but she taught me how to love someone and she gave me the experience of losing someone as well

“Angel or demon, I always love you” I released the hug between me and her, I saw her expression.

Her eyes looked blank, it was very different from before. She didn’t look like a human anymore, her body began to emit different scent, I saw her slowly spreading her white wings. My heart raced, I gasped for the air, my breath started to be heavy right now and for the first time, I was afraid because I knew it would be the real her. I really didn’t intend to provoke her rage before.

Wind was blowing very fast just like speed of light, birds, butterflies, dragonflies and all the animals escaped from the garden, hiding from her. When her wings spread widely and perfectly fine, her hair grew out slowly as her wings flapped to bring her up to the sky. Wind blew her hair, I looked up to her, I was thinking of finding the escape way but I couldn’t.

Her eyes looked down at me without expression, I could see something appeared from her grip. I didn’t fond of what followed…

Her sword…

Her sacred sword which she used to kill the demons and stab my Father’s heart, and right now, that thing directed to me.

“Amber!” I shouted her name but without hesitation, she flied down to me. She really intent to kill me now, my eyes grew wide and in a second, I flew up to the sky.

It was really her and I just woke her alter ego. I was up and she was down on the ground, eyes were still on me and I knew she targeted my figure. She flied up again, flapping her white wings to reach me very fast. I couldn’t do anything other than avoiding her attack.

I couldn’t kill her now because once I hurt her or I put on little scar on her smooth skin, other angels would come and kill me immediately. I was all alone in my own fantasy, no demons could enter this space but myself. 

Amber was right there, right in front of me, flying to my direction as trying to slay me into pieces. I kept avoiding her attack, we were floating around the mid air. As soon as I decided to be serious because she kept attacking me with her sword, she accelerated her speed.

I kept my guard on because she moved very fast just like fluttering the eyes. I looked around, she was moving around me but I couldn’t catch her figure. I closed my eyes, figuring out where she was then, I extended my hand, I was ready to throw a flame ball to her. She was right in front of me and that was it. My flame ball hit her directly, smoke filled my view and I was sure her body vanished.

Then, my sense could feel something moving very fast towards me, at first, I didn’t know where it was but as soon as it came to near me, I knew it was from beneath me. She was right there, launching her self, directing her sword and tried to slash me. I stepped back from her very fast, dodging her sword. She almost cut me into two but still, I got long scar on my stomach because of her.

The one that got hit by my flame ball was only her doppelganger and I wasn’t sure it was only one because I knew her power was great. I studied her moves, I just realized there were two more of her doppelgangers and I hadn’t known yet the real one.

One of her doppelgangers hit me with the sword from the above until I faced the ground and the other one kicked me on the belly until my body hovering on the air. It was fast, even 100 times faster than Baekhyun the angel of light did to me before.

I had to power up my strength, I couldn’t transform into a dragon yet but I was still able to emit flamethrower. I extended my hands, great flames came from my hands as I spun around. I speeded up my move and amplified my flames, one of her doppelganger got hit on its wings and this was my chance.

I flew towards it, grabbing the sword then, I locked its neck from behind. I cut the wings as soon as possible. Her doppelganger tried to bite my hand, but, I hurriedly dislocated its neck then, I slashed it in half.

Two downs, one more to go and this time, it hit me right on my nape. I turned around to see what it looked like. I emitted my fire directly towards it but the sword guarded her and reflected my fire to my body. I flew up high, emitting fire all around me and it was becoming my shield. It came to me again, it followed me very fast and as I blinked my eyes, it was right in front of me. I just realized that I still had the sword from the doppelganger that I killed before, I threw my flames to it, and it did same like before, blocking my fire with the sword then, I smirked seeing it.  I reflected back my fire with the sword on my grip, then, I directed to it very fast, cutting its wings into pieces until it fell down to the ground. I burnt it with my fire for the last act.

My breath was heavy, I used my power although it was for a half but still, I couldn’t beat her all by myself. I could see the real Amber shrouded in the mist, closing her eyes as her white wings covered her body.

“Amber, it’s me. Please, stop this..”

I begged her, I approached her figure slowly. Yes, she was beautiful but she was my biggest fear, she was still closing her eyes as I talked to her. “I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to—“

I gasped, she suddenly opened her hazel eyes. There was furious in her, the more she looked at me, she was furious than before. I didn’t know her real power was but I knew she was the most powerful angel out there.

Her expression turned out to be fierce, she expanded her white wings, wind started to blow crazily again and followed by thunder. Her eyes were on mine, she didn’t look anywhere else but my position, she aimed for me. I couldn’t stay quite again then, I threw great flames directly to her but I got no luck.

She could control everything and flame was her field, she vanished my fire then, she started to call thunder to shock me. I dodged all of it, one of my wings almost got hit but fortunately, my power of speed could compromise with me this time.

I aimed her, I wouldn’t kill her, I just wanted her to stop this. Thunder still tried to erase my appearance but I tried to approach her figure for the second time. She was still right there, enjoying the torturing scene of me. I hugged her immediately as soon as I grabbed her wrist.

“I die, you’ll die.”

I hissed at her face, I gave her truthful gaze as I begged her to stop her action towards me. “Please, look at me, look at my eyes. I won’t hurt you, okay? I love you.” I cupped her face, slowly I could see her face becoming calm again. “I love you so much.”

The thunder started to disappear and the wind didn’t go crazy anymore, it indicated she was going out of her rage slowly. “Amber, it’s me… Remember?”

“K-Kris… What am I?”

That was her last sentence before she went unconscious, she almost fell down to the ground but I try to hold her and carry her. I wouldn’t do this kind of thing anymore, her power scared me and I almost died because of it.

I brought her back to reality, erasing her memory from what just happened….

 

Amber’s POV

I just realized that I had a bad dream. As I opened my eyes, Chanyeol stared at me with his goofy smile but worried face. “You’re okay? You slept for 3 hours and skipped school today.”

“Seriously?? I really had a bad dream.”

“What dream? Tell me, I’m curious.” This Chanyeol boy was very vigorous about it

I tried to remember it again, I didn’t know why I only had small pieces of it but I was so sure it was a bad dream. “There were garden, flowers, grass, butterflies, dragonflies…”

“It was not a bad dream, then. You were dating someone in your dream.” Chanyeol cut me off after I mentioned the things that I remembered

“But it was a bad dream! I don’t know but I am sure it was!” I shouted because he didn’t seem to trust me and he was like taken aback, “OH!!!! There was Kris in my dream.”

“Kris? He was dating you in your dreamland?” Chanyeol guessed it

I furrowed my eyebrows, remembering about it. “I don’t know, I’m gonna find out.” I stood up, leaving Chanyeol alone in the back of the school. I saw many couples here in the garden, lovey dovey scene like there was no tomorrow, some of the students made group for studying, no, I was genius, I didn’t have to study. Some of them sat under the tree, making picnic for lunch but they were not my intention. I was searching for Kris because I assumed there was something strange about him.

“Hey, Amber.”

“I’m not in a gaming mood, Suho. Go away.”

“What’s wrong with you?” Suho kept following my steps, this boy was like trying to guarding me or something like that but I wasn’t very comfortable with it

“I’m looking for someone.” I kept walking without seeing his figure. “I should know about something and I know he must’ve known the answer that I search for.”

“He? Who’s he?” Suho asked me more and I didn’t like it at all if there was someone who interfered with this kind of situation. “Is it Kris?”

“What do you know about Kris?” My eyes kept searching for his figure but I hadn’t found him yet

“You and Kris are rumored to be dating, every student knows it.” Suho said it, his words almost got me to stop my steps. “You have to be careful of him.”

“Be careful? What’s with him? A murderer?”

“Yes.” Suho grasped my wrist and turned me around to see him, I was surprised because he had guts to do it in the middle of students

“What do you mean by it? You mean he is the murderer of the deaths in this institute?” I raised my eyebrows seeing Suho

“No, I, err, I mean many girls like him too, So, I just don’t want you to get hurt.” Suho seemed to stutter in his words and I just rolled my eyes after hearing his explanation

“Tsk, let me go.” I shoved his grip off my hand and turned around to leave him

“Amber, it’ll rain heavily outside!” Suho shouted out loud so that I could hear his concern towards me

“Forecaster didn’t say it last night!” I shouted back to him, who did he think he was? He acted like he knew everything about me.

“Kris is on the way to the soccer field!” Suho shouted again, telling me where Kris was, I turned around my gaze at him then, shook my head.

I kept walking to search for Kris, my pace became faster and faster and I just couldn’t believe that I obeyed what Suho said to me. I went to the soccer field, seeing Kris with his thick book on the bleachers as he ignorantly wore soccer shirt with Luhan’s face on it.

I decided to sit beside him silently as watched Luhan practiced with his team before the match.

“You miss me?” Kris’s voice came out, he seemed to recognize my appearance already

“There’s something I wanna ask you.” Without thinking twice anymore, I shot him immediately

“Will you be my girlfriend?” All of sudden, Kris gave his question to me straightforwardly

I blinked my eyes, couldn’t believe of what he just asked me. “You’re kidding me?”

“No, I just think you’re very attractive. You’re different from the others, I think it’ll be fun if I’m dating you.” Kris showed off his smile, it was the best. I never thought there was a man smiling for me like this generously. But I should gather all my thoughts back, this wasn’t what I meant before, I should ask him something important

“Kris, scratch that. Let’s talk about that later. I’m serious now, I should tell you something because it bothers me… I don’t know, it kinda bothers me lately..” I stammered right there because I couldn’t any good word.

“Alright, but after this, you’re my girlfriend.”

I grunted lowly but I could see he smiling because of it. “I’m not sure but every time we’re together, it’s always beautiful at first but then, slowly, I feel like there’s something that blocks us.”

“Example?” Kris asked me slowly

“Rain.” I answered him, we looked at each other’s eye very deeply then, there was droplet down from the sky and it touched the paper of his history book. We both looked at the water mark on the book at the same time then, looked at each other’s face again. “lightning.” There was scratch on the sky after I mentioned it. “Thunder…. Darkne—“

“Stop mentioning them…” Kris put his long index finger on my lips. “I don’t want you to bring that topic again, can you?”

I held his hand then, I nodded to his words. “But, Kris—“

“No buts, let’s get out of here.” He brought my hand to follow his path but I stopped him from walking

“No.”

“Why?” He turned around to see me, I released his grip from me then, I approached him to cup his face

My heart beat fast everytime I faced him, he was gorgeous. I tried to bring his face nearer to mine and as I predicted before, grey clouds started to fill out the sky as soon as our nose brushed each other. I wasn’t sure what it was yet because it seemed like there was something that blocked us, it wanted to break us apart when we were together.

“Who are you, Kris?”

I could feel he was surprised after my question was blurted out from me. Then, I corrected my own question for him. “No, who were you to me before?”