Chapter 5

Your Blood

Kris’ POV


 

She closed her eyes, yes I would really kiss her this time. On my mind, I decided to agree with what my sister and Luhan said before. I would make her remember me and fall for me, then, we, the demons would finish her up when the right time came. I touched her cheek, her skin was really smooth, I missed her and I should admit it. Amber was the only one who could make my heart break, she was the one who could make me in love, she could make me both in misery and happiness. She was my true love and I knew I was pathetic.

When I was about to kiss her, darkness filled out the scene and I could feel my body was dragged by something up to the sky. I wasn’t ready for this, not yet, not this time because my power hadn’t come back fully to me yet. I could smell something, it was same just like Amber’s scent but not that strong but I know this thing was an angel.

That angel threw me away like I was a toy, then, I could feel it punched me then, threw me again and punched me after that. It did that to me for many times and it happened very fast, I was a bit like losing my consciousness because of that until I opened my eyes. My gaze acknowledged the ground, I was going to fall down and die. I was sure about that but I didn’t give up, I tried to gather my soul, my power.

I could transform into a giant dragon but it wasn’t in perfect shape because of the curse but still, I was trying. Ember started to fill my body, I could feel the pain from my back because my black wings started to appear.

I turned around, facing the black sky and I could see a pair of orange eyes. An angel who could control light made his gaze to my figure which still tried to transform and gather all my power. His sword directed to me, he got closer and closer and he was ready to slay me into pieces.

Gladly, my wings appeared in a very right time so I could bring up my body to the sky. I faced this angel, he still the sword to me but I avoided him.

“Baekhyun?” I saw him clearly, my eyes transformed into red eyes in the middle of this darkness because all the lights were being absorbed by this angle who disguised into human to protect Amber

“I won’t let you hurt our Princess.” His voice was firm, I never thought that I would in the middle of battle this time

“SHE.” I shouted, my mind played of how she killed all the demons in our kingdom. I speeded my move to approach him, “KILLED.” I grabbed his sword, and punched his face until he was thrown away but I was after him. My hand grabbed his body from behind and strangled him. “MY.” I stabbed his heart with the sword, his eyes widened but I threw him away. “FATHER.” Then, for the last act, I threw flame to his body. I burnt him but I could still saw him his hand and shot the light to my body.

I couldn’t feel anything, I was falling to the ground and my eyes were blurry. I saw everything in vague but one thing that I recognized, it was Amber’s voice calling me. “KRIS!!”


 

….

Once I opened my eyes, I was on the bed. My head hurt a lot, I tried to get up from the bed and leaned on the backboard. My eyes saw Amber lying her head on the edge of my bed. “She brought me here.”

From this scene, I realized she just gave me treatment according to bandage around my head and my hands. I caressed her hair gently, adoring her figure for awhile, I had this love-hate feeling for Amber, I couldn’t differentiate which stronger it was until I realized that I just killed one of her kind.

I carried her to my bed and covered her body with my blanket. She looked calm and I just couldn’t resist her beauty but then, other demons suddenly came into my room with Kai’s teleportation.

“You killed an angel?” My sister asked immediately

“Yes.” I replied her but suddenly, she brought me up as she grabbed my collar and made a death glare towards my eyes. She was like going to kill me or something according to what her face looked like right now

“Vic, Vic, calm down!” The others were trying to defend me

“Stupid, do you even know what you’re doing?! Don’t be careless! Her father is in rage! Demons just got warned because one of her protector is gone and it’s all because of you!” She hissed in front of my face in order that Amber didn’t hear our conversation

“It’s still raining outside and we found five trees collapsed because of great thunder.” Luhan informed me so that it made me clear about the things. “And Kai almost injured because of it.”

As I listened to what Luhan said, my eyes directed to Kai. One of his wings was ripped out a bit, guilty feeling began to fill me as I saw him. “I’m so sorry…” I apologized. “But what could I do? I mean that angel almost killed me.” I saw my sister’s eyes, hoping she realized that I got hurt too, even it was worse than Kai.

Victoria seemed to explore me with her gaze, seeing bandages on my head and my hands plus, scars on my face.

“O-oh… I-I don’t know…” My condition melted her cold heart, she started to feel concerned to me. “Are you okay?”

“She did all these things to me.”

“Amber?” Chanyeol asked me to make sure about it and I just nodded

“Remember our plan.” Victoria’s voice sounded fierce again as soon as we brought Amber’s topic. “I don’t care how she treats you, bad or good. She should abandon her father, her kingdom, her kind, then, she should sacrifice herself for us, make her own father surrender and kneel in front of the demons.”

I knew her hatred, we all knew it but I just didn’t know how to make her fall for me and surrender everything…


 

Amber’s POV

It was the first time for me not to hear Hyuna’s annoying voice in the morning. Usually, she would make noise, singing a rock song that might hurt my ear as soon as I woke up but today was very different. It was very calming situation but one thing that I was curious was the scent of my pillow wasn’t like this good. It was y, I loved it but whose smell was it? I opened my eyes, trying to get up and fix my position.

A red haired teacher with her black night gown was sitting on the chair as she crossed her legs, staring at my figure with her pale face and sharp gaze. I was startled because of her, “M-ma’am… Good morning…” I stammered and looked completely stupid

A smile spread on her face all of sudden. “I’m sorry for interrupting, it’s just because I love my little brother.”

“Little brother?” I murmured, then, my eyes directed to someone who lied beside me, Kris was right there. Snuggling under the blanket because he was feeling cold. “Oh… Yeah…. I-I… You know it doesn’t like what you’re thinking. Kris and I, we’re only…”

“It’s okay, I know you guys are an item. Well, thanks for taking care of him, I heard he stumbled when the lights were off last night, you guys were together?” Victoria asked me

“Yes, we walked around together last night..”

“Last night was raining heavily, thunder was crazy too, many trees collapsed. It was very dangerous. Gladly, you were with him.”

I smiled slightly and nodded. So, it was like that, lights were off all of sudden. I was very scared last night and the scariest thing was Kris lied down on the ground with ember around him, and fortunately, he was okay.

Victoria left us alone, I was still with Kris on the bed until he woke up from his slumber.

“Amber.”

“Are you feeling better?” I asked him, I was very concerned about because I thought it was my fault. If I wasn’t dating him last night, this would never happen to him

“I’m alright.” He showed me off his sweet smile, he extended his hand to reach my face, caressing it tenderly. I grasped his hand and clasped it with mine, I was worried about him because I thought he almost died. “I couldn’t afford you a good date last night. I, I really wanna know about you more.”

His words shot me, I couldn’t distinguish it anymore. Was it a dream or reality? I thought he was a cold man and no one could change his personality.

“I apologize for what I’ve done to you before, I’ll fix it all.” Kris said it all, I didn’t know. Was he begging me to be his girlfriend right now? No, please, not this fast. Let me think about it first.

I saw him slowly getting up, so, I helped him to do. He placed his hand on my shoulder as another hand of his was still tangling with mine. He saw me with his truthful gaze, I was still awkward with this kind of situation to be honest.

“Amber… Why don’t you remember me?”

His words made me confused, what was it all about? I just knew him about a month and he asked me about the memories with him.

His nose brushed mine, his hand moved from my shoulder to my neck, I know where he put his gaze at. My lips were trembling because he almost erased the distance between us

“Remember what?” I asked him back

“Let me make you remember about us.”

“Us?”

Before I could ask any further, he slowly engulfed my mouth. I remembered about our first kiss at the canteen, the taste of his lips that I missed finally I could catch that again.. But right now, it was a bit different..

I closed my eyes, trying to follow his rhythm. He made me fall into the fantasy that he created, I felt like I lost my mind. I lost myself in him, it was very sweet kiss that he gave to me, I lost my consciousness but as soon as I got it back, we were in the park full of flowers and butterflies. Only both of us, me and Kris.

“Only love which can drive out the hatred and I find my love in you..”

I felt so familiar with this scene, Kris was right in front of my eyes. His warm breath touched my face, he was an amazing kisser. He kissed me again but right now, I didn’t close my eyes. I explored around me, I just realized that he wore a long flowing robe with black color and I was in white one.

There was something that could make us warm in this cold winter, I found it behind his back. Black feather… No… it wasn’t only feather, it was wide and big and it was flapping.

Black wings…

Then, I could feel something moving from my back too but it has different color from him…

I watched behind my back, I was surprised, my mouth opened slightly. I have wings with white color and I didn’t expect this to happen. Was it only a dream?

Kris’ hand made my head turn around and I revealed my confused face in front of him.

“Kris…”

“My love, do you remember now? You’re the angel.” Kris whispered to my ear, I was still in confusion state to absorb all his words. “And I’m the demon who falls for you…”