Lunchtime and More Rants

Why Are You So Annoyingly Cute?

 

 
 
Haerin's POV
 
I sat awkwardly between Mihyun and Myungsoo who were shooting death glares at each other, irritated. Why? Well, some idiot suggested we eat together and the other retard accepted. Sorry Mihyun, you are a freaking retard. Didn't she know she'd be sitting near the guy she wouldn't stop ranting about for three hours straight? God, why?
 
I think who know who the idiot is, who else would suggest for all of us to sit near each other if he already knew two certain people freaking hated each other? I was sitting near eight retards. Yes, Sungjong's friends were there too. Why the heck were they his friends? 
 
I glanced at them all, each of his friends gave me a disapproving look once in a while, but still went on with their own conversations. I just chose to ignore them, I didn't care what Sungjong's friends thought of me. I mean, they were HIS friends. I rested my chin on my hand as I groaned and looked around. This was so freaking boring and irritating. There was nothing but bad looks being sent at me and passed me to another person. I glanced at my watch and saw that there was still thirty minutes left of lunch. I groaned again.
 
 Great... Just great. Thirty more minutes of torture. 
 
---
 
I was already done with my food when someone decided to start a conversation ten minutes later. "Um, Haerin-ssi." 
 
I turned around and blinked my eyes. "Neh?" 
 
"So... How are you today?" One of Sungjong's friends said awkwardly. 
 
"Good... Thanks for asking...?" I replied, not sure what to say. I was confused on my he even wanted to try to start a conversation with me when they obviously didn't like me. "You?"
 
"Ah... Good," he stated. "By the way, my name is Sungyeol."
 
"Ah..." I said. "My name is Haerin... But I guess you already knew that."
 
"Yeah..." He replied awkwardly. I could tell he had nothing else to say. 
 
Luckily the bell finally rang and I hurriedly packed my stuff.  
 
"Well... Bye," I said to the group as I slightly bowed my head, not being rude to my seniors. Well, I think they were... I was in my first year of high school so they probably were, right? Whatever, I don't really care. 
 
"Bye~!" Sungjong happily said as he waved. 
 
I didn't reply and I backed away from them. Once I was out of sight I sighed and walked over to my locker. 
 
Then I realized I left Mihyun... With no barrier from Myungsoo...
 
 Eh, she'll be fine. 
 
I shook off that thought and grabbed my book from my dull-colored locker which was pretty dusty on the inside. It didn't bother me enough to make me actually clean it though. I slammed the door shut and tugged on the lock, making sure it was secure. 
 
I walk to my class among the sea of students.  
 
---
 
I was waiting for Mihyun to get out of class after school so we could walk home together. Why the heck was she taking so long?!
 
"Haerin, why'd you leave me with that jerk at lunch?!" Mihyun complained. "You know I can't stand him."
 
"You could've followed me. And that's funny... I swear just a couple years ago you were head over heals for him," I replied as I rolled my eyes. 
 
"Yah! I didn't know and don't mention that again. I was totally wrong about him, he's a jerk and all he has is his average looks!" Mihyun angrily said. "He's stupid, mean, just everything I hate in a guy."
 
"Are you sure you aren't mistaking your love for hatred?" I mocked her from a couple days ago. 
 
"Yah! I'm sorry, okay?! I didn't know what it felt like to hate someone so much then!" She mumbled. 
 
"Whatever, lets just start walking home."
 
"Okay," she replied and she started to mumble things to herself. 
 
Probably complaints about a certain someone. 
 
---
Mihyun's POV
 
I went through all the random things in my room. The items varied from old history notes and my old drawings from art class to old candy wrappers. 
 
Then I came across my diary... From middle school. 
 
Why the heck did I write one again? 
 
I flipped through some pages as my hands threatened to throw the book across the room. I wanted to gag when I read the horrifying page about the number one person I hate, Kim Myungsoo. 
 
Oh my god, how the heck did I find him attractive before. I read some aloud, not believing I wrote them. 
 
"Today Myungsoo looked really good! He was really quiet, but I think he's nice and- God, I was stupid," I cut off my own sentence.  
 
I continued, "Oh my god, today he looked at me and- When the heck did I write this?! I sound like a fangirl, god. A retarded one at that. Kim Myungsoo? Nice? Good looking? God, he's the opposite and he's not even that attractive, especially with THAT personality," I ranted to myself. 
 
"Honey, are you okay? Who are you talking to?!" My mom hollered from downstairs. 
 
"I'm fine, just talking to myself!" I yelled back. Yes, because only sane people talk to themselves. 
 
"... Are you sure you're fine, honey? You're talking to yourself," my mom stated as she climbed up the stairs. "Do you need someone to talk to or something?" 
 
"Yes, I'm sure. Just planing out my... Report," I lied. 
 
"Oh sweetie, work hard," she replied as she walked into her room. "I'm going to be in my room if you need me." 
 
"Yeah," I called out to her and I heard the door shut close. I let out a sigh. 
 
I should really stop talking to myself when I'm angry...  
 
---
Annyeong~! I hope you enjoyed reading this tiny chapter~
Please tell me of any mistakes and I never mention what grade they were in right? I said this chapter that they (Haerin, Myungsoo, Sungjong, Mihyun) were in their first year. If I already mention a different year, please tell me! ^^
 
Btw I'm writing a new story called:
 
 
You don't have to read it, but it'd be nice if you'd check it out ^^