Where Are We Going...?

Why Are You So Annoyingly Cute?

 

 
 
HaeRin's POV
 
"Hey, Hyerin!" I heard Mihyun call out to me. 
 
"Hi," I replied as I shut my locker closed. 
 
"So..." She didn't know what to say. "You going to admit to your love for Sungjong yet?" She said playfully. 
 
"Are you crazy? I hate him with all my heart," I replied, slightly irritated at her comment. 
 
Why did she always have to bring that ridiculous statement up as if I actually liked him? I don't even like him, I hate him. I'm pretty sure if I hate him, there's no way I could love him at the same time. 
 
"Are you sure you aren't mistaking your love for hatred?" She continued. 
 
"Are you sure you aren't in love with his friend Myungsoo?" I countered as I threw my textbook into my bag. 
 
"Yah!" She hissed defensively. "Don't say that so loud, I thought you said you'd stopped mentioning that, I only liked him once in middle school!"
 
"Well stop saying Im in love with Sungjong, I don't even like him! Love? No way." 
 
"Fine," Mihyun sighed. "Hey, what are you doing after school?" 
 
"Nothing, why?" I replied as I flipped through a random book I found in my backpack. I threw it back in finding nothing interesting about it. 
 
"Why don't we hang out?" She suggested.
 
"Sure but... Why?" I said cautiously, narrowing my eyes. 
 
"What do you mean 'why'? I just want to hang out with you, my best friend!" 
 
"... What's the catch?" 
 
"What do you mean? Of course I have nothing planned!" She replied.
 
"... Are you sure?"
 
"Yeah!" she said. I looked at her skeptically.  
 
"Except for the fact that we're going to hang out with Sungjong and a friend of his choice..." she quietly mumbled. 
 
"Yah! I heard you! There's no way I'm going with you guys," I replied walking away. She quickly chased after me. 
 
"Please~? I already said you were coming," She begged. "Please? Please? Please? Please? Please? Please? Please? Please? Please? Please?" 
 
I remained silent.
 
"Please? Please? Please? Please? Plleeaassse? Please? Please, please, plleeaasse?" She whined. 
 
"OH MY GOD."
 
"... Please?"
 
"OKAY, JUST STOP WITH YOUR WHINING!" I bursted out in annoyance and anger, without thinking. 
 
"Yay~! See you after school!" She said happily as she walked down the hall to her class. 
 
I huffed out, irritated. How could she be so happy after causing someone so much annoyance?
 
---
 
I walked out the school quickly. Maybe if I run home now I can ditch Mihyun and- 
 
"HaeRin~!" Mihyun called out to me while she waved her hands in the air. I glanced over and Sungjong was stand by her with his usual smile. Oh yay... 
 
"Hi..." I replied awkwardly. 
 
Why did she ask him out of all people to hang out? 
 
"Let's go!" Mihyun said as my tugged on my arm walk in the opposite direction of our houses. 
 
"Where...?" I asked. 
 
"To Sungjong's house!" She replied still happy, acting as if nothing was wrong. 
 
... His house?
 
 Why?! 
 
"... Where's his friends you mentioned?" I wondered aloud after sometime of just standing by the gate. 
 
"Oh, he'll join us later, he has some things to do," Sungjong replied. 
 
"Oh... Who?" 
 
"Oh, either Sungyeol or Myungsoo hyung, maybe both. They both have some things to attend to before they can come, but I'm not sure exactly who's actually coming," Sungjong said. "So, do you want to start heading over to my place?"
 
"Yeah, let's start walking," Mihyun replied. 
 
"Great, let's go~!" Sungjong exclaimed as he clung onto my arm again. 
 
I wish I could just slap his hand away... 
 
---
Sungjong's POV 
 
... I could tell she was trying really hard not to push me away. She's so cute... At least with Mihyun around she's not as cold.
 
 I smiled and started to pay attention to where we were heading, in case we got lost. 
 
---
 
"Sungjong, why is it taking so long to get to your house?" Mihyun asked after a while. 
 
"Hm... I don't know," I said as I thought about it for a bit. 
 
"..."
 
"We aren't lost, right?" 
 
"What? No, of course not!" I replied, trying to not seem unsure. 
 
"Okay then... How long does it usually take you to walk home?" Mihyun asked again as HaeRin stayed silent. 
 
"..."
 
"Sungjong?" 
 
"... You see, the thing is... I've never actually walked home before." 
 
"What?!"
 
"Well, usually my mom would come to pick me up at my friends house, because I always followed them and went over to someone's house after school..." 
 
"..."
 
---
HaeRin's POV 
 
Why is he such an idiot?!
 
 I glanced over to him, very irritated. He led us without even knowing exactly where the heck his house is. 
 
"Well, I know we went in the right direction from school, and I'm sure I went in all the right directions for the first half of our walk...!" Sungjong said. "... I just don't know where to go after that." 
 
That doesn't really help. Why the heck did I follow these two? 
 
"Sungjong-ah!" I heard a voice say. The three of us turned around.  
 
"Myungsoo hyung~!" Sungjong exclaimed. "What are you doing here?" 
 
"You were taking too long," he replied simply. 
 
"... How far did you go to search?" Sungjong asked. 
 
"Not very far... I walked down the street and turned the corner... Did you get lost again?" 
 
Sungjong didn't say anything. 
 
"Oh my god, Sungjong. You are such an idiot," Myungsoo said. "Let's go." He turned away and started walking, not bothering to look back. 
 
The three of us followed him. Sungjong was only a street away from his house and he didn't even know. This is why I hate him, he's much a idiot, not to mention annoying. 
 
--- 
 
I looked towards Mihyun as we arrived at his house. She was so... Quiet. It was weird. 
 
"Mihyun, are you okay?" I asked when we got inside. 
 
"E-eh? Oh, yeah. I'm perfectly fine," she replied as she smiled. "Just thinking." 
 
"Okay, if you say so." 
 
--- 
 
"So... What do you want to do?" Sungjong asked as we all sat down, not saying anything. 
 
"I don't know, didn't you have anything planned?" I replied annoyed. What was even the point of coming here?! 
 
"Oh, um... No, I didn't have anything planned in particular..." 
 
What the heck were we supposed to do then? 
 
---
 
All my chapters are so short! >_< How do people write such long chapters for their stories? Please tell me if there's any mistakes~! ^^