My 'Friend' Lee Sungjong

Why Are You So Annoyingly Cute?

 

 
 
HaeRin's POV
 
I sat at my desk, blankly staring at the paper in front of me for a good ten minutes. I dropped the pencil that was in my hand and groaned. 
 
"I don't understand any of this," I mumbled to myself in frustration as I ruffled my hair. "Did we even learn this in class?" 
 
I looked back down. Maybe I should just attempt it, it's due tomorrow...  But it's due last period and I really don't feel like doing it... 
 
My line of sight drifted towards my phone and then to my laptop. I quickly shook my head. I was supposed to me doing my homework! I hastily grabbed my pencil off the desk and held the tip to the paper, attempting to write at least something. I stared down at the numbers that eventually started to give me a headache. 
 
Maybe I'll just copy off Mihyun at lunch... No she would never let me. If I asked her I'd end up hearing a lecture about how you should 'do your own work so you can succeed in life' or what ever. God, I wish I had a friend that wasn't such a perfect, role model student so I could copy... I'll just guess some random numbers and write them down at lunch... But my parents would kill me. Okay, I'll attempt to do it at lunch, keyword being 'attempt'. 
 
I picked up my phone and stared at the screen as if I was actually waiting for someone to text me. I quickly became uninterested and put it back down. There was really nothing to do... 
 
I grabbed my laptop and opened it up. The screen suddenly , blinding me. 
 
Did I mention I was in the dark with only a dim light lighting my desk and it was two in the morning? No? Well yes, here I was staying up late with a dying lightbulb next to me, not doing anything in particular. It's a good thing my parents were already asleep... Maybe I should just turn on all the lights in my room, it's too dark... No, last time my parents somehow decided to wake up right then and take a stroll passed my bedroom. 
 
I squinted my eyes, scrolling down many pages of random sites I decided to pay a visit to. And yes, this was ruining my eyesight, but I stopped caring long before. 
 
After finding absolutely nothing interesting to do, I sighed, climbed into bed, and drifted to sleep. 
 
--- 
 
I heard my annoyingly loud alarm clock go off and woke up with my hair tangled and my eyes red from only three hours of sleep. 
 
Maybe I shouldn't have stayed up that long... 
 
I stayed in bed for another ten minutes, enjoying the warmth, before reluctantly climbing out and sleepily walking towards the bathroom, swaying as I went. I stumbled over my own foot and fell. 
 
"AH!" I screamed as I hit the floor. I held the note for an unnecessary amount of time then quickly got over it and walked into the bathroom. 
 
I looked into the mirror, my eyelids threatening to fall. God, I look horrible. I washed up and felt myself waking up a bit when the cold water hit my skin. 
 
After putting on my uniform and brushing my hair for at least five minutes, I went downstairs to eat breakfast. 
 
"Good morning," I said groggily, obviously still tired. 
 
"Good morning, honey," my dad said as he sat at the table eating, not even bothering to look up from his plate. 
 
"HaeRin-ah, why do you look like you've stayed up all night?" my mom asked as she packed my lunch. 
 
"Eh? Oh..." Think of something! "Couldn't fall asleep, it was too... Warm." 
 
"Are you sure? It was freezing last night," my mom replied. 
 
"Really? I think it was just you, I felt like I was in a sauna," I lied. 
 
"Well, if you say so. Hurry up and eat, your food is getting cold."
 
"Neh," I replied as I took my seat at the table. 
 
--- 
 
"HaeRin-ah!" I heard his voice. Ugh.
 
I put on a fake smile and turned around, "Hi Sungjong."
 
"HaeRin, why didn't you answer my call last night?" Sungjong whined. God, his whines are so annoying.
 
"Really? Sorry, I didn't have my phone with me," I lied. I had my phone all day. 
 
"It's okay, it wasn't that important anyways," he said as he smiled. "Lets go to class!"
 
"Okay," I said. I acted as if I was actually happy to talk to him.
 
As you probably realized, I hate Lee Sungjong. 
 
Why was he so nice to me? Easy. 
 
Because he thinks we're friends. 
 
Ever since elementary school, we've been 'friends'. Ever since elementary school, I've thought he was the most annoying person on Earth. Of course I felt bad for hating him because he treated me kindly, like a true friend would, but I couldn't help the fact that I hated him. He was annoying and I couldn't see why so many girls liked him. He was clingy, loud, and annoying. He whines all the time and I found that especially annoying. 
 
Sungjong is the definition of the word 'annoying', in my mind at least. 
 
How'd we become friends? 
 
He suddenly made us friends, and no matter how many times I was cold to him, he'd ignore it, still see me as a friend, and act nice. I decided to act as if I was his friend, because I couldn't get rid of him, but I was still cold, not that he cared. 
 
"Haeri-ah~" he said as he clung onto my arm. 
 
Please get off. 
 
"What?" I replied, not even looking at him.
 
He pouted and looked at me, "HaeRin, don't be so cold towards me. Aren't we friends?"
 
Friends...
 
"Yeah..." I said awkwardly, avoiding his gaze. 
 
--- 
 
Annyeong~! ^^ Sorry for the short chapter >___< 
 
Btw, Mynn, do you know where the beginning came from? xD