Chapter 1: The Lucky One

Tried To Walk

 

“You will never get it, Ae-Rim. Just face it, what are the chances of you of all the other fans in the country to be picked up as the one to go on a date with that idol group of yours?” my best friend muttered lazily as her head lay down beside me on my desk as my eyes kept trained on the screen of my laptop.

“Shut up, Yuna. Don’t jinx me. The results aren’t even out yet so don’t you dare say things that would bring me bad luck.” My mouse hovered on the refresh button as I took a deep breath and clicked it.

Yuna rolled her eyes at me and I just gave her a sheepish look. Even though Yuna is my best friend, we don’t really share the same interest. Wait, we both do like KPOP but while she is a dedicated ELF in which she would forever stay true to the 13-member group, I would always be a dedicated BANA who would support my own 5-member group.

When the screen finally refreshed, I let out a disappointed breath as I realized nothing from the page I was in were updated.

“Bad luck?” Yuna stood up straight and smirked at me.

“It’s not out yet.” I leaned back against my chair and look at the time on the corner of my screen and realized that I was still five minutes early.

“Seriously, what can you possibly see in them? All I could see is that they look gay. Look at that guy with the long hair, what’s his name again? ‘Sin who’? He looks like a girl.” Yuna commented dryly.

“Excuse me?! You did not just say that! You may be my best friend but I can never forgive you for saying that about my idols! And it’s Shinwoo for you, little girl.” I glared in warning at my friend who had just insulted one of the guys that I idolize.

“I’m just saying my opinion. He does look g—”

“I’m warning you Yuna. Don’t even get me started with your 9-members group.”

“I told you, its 13-members! Kibum, Heechul and Leeteuk will definitely return soon and Hangeng has already returned, thank you very much.”

“I thought Hangeng was in Super Junior-M?”

“He is in Super Junior-M and it will always stay that way. Super Junior is always 13.”

“Whatever.” I rolled my eyes at her as I trained my eyes back on the screen and realized it was already three minutes passed the time in which the results would be out. “Now look what you have done, I went over three minutes since the result is out.”

Despite our bickering earlier on, it was clear that none of us really were angry at each other for what had been said. We were best friends of seven years and counting after all and we know even without saying it that nothing we had said could break us apart.

Yuna suddenly scooted over near me as her eyes were also starting to look at the screen. I gave her a questioning look but she just smiled.

“Didn’t you just say that you had gone over three minutes since the result? Now, why don’t you refresh that page and find out whether you are selected or not? You do after all get lucky when it comes to this sort of things.”

 I couldn’t help but keep my gaze longer at Yuna and smiled, “That’s why I love you Yuna. No matter the odds, you will still believe in me.”

“Don’t go all mushy on me, girl. Come on, click that refresh button, why don’t you? I would want to know the result too.”

I grinned and turned back on the screen again. Once more, my mouse hovered on the refresh button as I took in a deep breath.

“Here goes nothing.” I murmured and with my eyes closed I clicked on the button.

For a moment, both of us went silent. My eyes were still closed and for whatever the reasons, I was so scared to open it. When apparently, the refreshed page had finally loaded, Yuna screamed as she jumped up and down excitedly beside me. I forced my eyes open, looking at Yuna in fear.

“What?” I squeaked.

“What, you say? Can’t you see what’s in the screen? That’s your name up there. You are selected Ae-Rim! You are going to have a date with an idol!” Yuna kept on jumping excited as she tugged me up while I continued to look at her in disbelief.

“No way…” I finally muttered. “You are lying.”

Yuna stopped from her jump, returning me with a bored look. “Do I look like I’m lying to you, girl? Look at the screen and see if I’m lying to you.”

Slowly, I turned my head to the screen. It took a while for me to read and process the words that were written there but when it finally registered in my mind, a smile crept up on my lips and I jumped up and screamed.

“I can’t believe it! I’m chosen! Me? Park Ae-Rim? Chosen to go to the special one day date with the whole of B1A4? Oh God, I can’t believe it!”

Yuna laughed at my outburst. “That’s really your name in there, all right. My best friend is going to meet up with her idol date! I can’t wait to see how the other girls in our class will react to this.”

I laughed excitedly, glancing up to the poster that was pasted on the wall by my bed.

“It’s not my first time seeing you guys face-to-face but it will definitely the first time I’m going on a date with you guys.” I grinned.

From behind, Yuna rested her head on my shoulder.

“And I might not be a fan of them but I can definitely feel your excitement to meet them.”

“Of course, it’s B1A4 after all. I love them.”

“I know, Ae-Rim. I know.”

And for the longest time, both of us stood there, looking at the poster of B1A4 on the wall dreamily.

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I hope you had enjoyed reading it. Please leave your comments! I will greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

!!: Picture above is not mine. Credits to the rightful owners.